• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Next Universal meet on 3/24!

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I am tentatively making plans for a Universal meet on 3/24. Mark your calendars! Time and place TBA. Watch the boards for the information.

I'll actually be there that day. I look forward to the details and to thank everyone in person for the help on this board.

03/24 is on a Sunday, you mean 03/23 right?
That's when Earth, Wind, and Fire is playing.
I was also thinking of driving up that weekend.

What about 02/23 ?
That's when James Brown is supposed to play, if he's not in jail.
I heard a few people saying they wanted to see the show.
I could probably drive up on Saturday, visit the park, lunch at Mythos, catch the show, stay in a cheap hotel, then drive back Sunday.
The HoJo at 7050 Kirkman has rooms for $35 a night It's located 1 block past I-Drive behind Wet N' Wild. Rooms are very clean considering the rate. That's where I stayed last time since I was by myself and drove up. I'll stay there again in the future for a quick weekend trip.

3/23 is the FLCC meet at Old Town which would be constricting for some. I think as robvia suggested, a "James Brown meet" would be good as he will be the most popular guest for Mardi Gras, more would come.

Well, gears are turning in my head already. I know we'll be there some Fri. nite in March, once Pat Travers is scheduled. EW & F would be a great show to see.
Now let's see if HRH will cooperate with a deal!
Count us as tentative also.
Jim

*Did you say 24th? Sunday?

Nope, I mean 3/24. Since 3/23 is the FLCC Old Town meet, I thought I might make the board meet on 3/24.

As for James Brown, I'd love to see him, but I haven't got that much time to go up so often. If only I lived in Apopoka... :)

Oh man, once again Barry, I won't be able to meet you! :(
I have to work the Heart Ball the night before meaning I won't be home until 4am!

Originally posted by CPM
Oh man, once again Barry, I won't be able to meet you! :(
I have to work the Heart Ball the night before meaning I won't be home until 4am!

Oh well we will keep the meets coming until you get the opportunity to re-enact the Spiderman Troubles.!!!:D

I would love to go & meet on that weekend but I can't. We are going to be there the weekend before for St. Patrick's day.....actually....3/15-17th...is my trip. Already got my room the cheapie way thru Priceline....Wyndham Orlando on Internationl & Sand Lake Dr's for $25 per nite!!! Anyone else going to be there that time frame??????????

Well, this thread's disappearing fast!
We'll be at USF Sat. nite for Earth, Wind, & Fire (goin' to Sea World that day to score the fun-card) and gonna catch Pat Travers Sun. evening 6:45 (Boom, Boom... Out Go The Lights!)
IOA is open till 10 PM also. Dragons in the dark!!
Aaaaanyone else comin'?
Jim

H2OJag, MIB999999 will be there saturday for MYTHOS. We can set up a place to meet closer to the date. Dragons in the dark is one i have not done yet

I did Dragons in the dark once. It was pretty neat. Very little is lit up! Too bad I didn't try the front row because the line was so long.

James Brown, EW&F and Barry.... I am such a LOSER!!
crying.GIF

Jag,
I'll be there (as you know anyway)!!!
I'm looking forward to doing stuff in the dark...it seems I never get to!!! ;) I'm thinking a babysitter for one night...unless RobertWalker and Mib999999 want the job!? :D

I'll be packin' plenty 'o coupons too! ;) ;) ;)

Karen

James brown was raining so hard i did not even bother to go. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter