Nexus!

Just as an FYI - some 3rd party sites look quite official so if the fee is more than $50 us you’re on the wrong site.
Yes! I ended up clicking on a few of those sites before I found the official one. No reason to pay a 3rd party, the application is pretty straight forward. Probably more difficult for someone that moves a lot and has had multiple employers in the past 5 yrs.

Congratulations! My husband and daughter's application were approved within 2 weeks, it took another 3 months to have mine approved. Nexus has been life changing! I asked myself why we didn't do it earlier!

So happy, finally got my Nexus approval. Had the interviews today at the airport. :banana:Doing the happy dance. I sent in my application in May, it’s taken awhile!

Congratulations! My husband and daughter's application were approved within 2 weeks, it took another 3 months to have mine approved. Nexus has been life changing! I asked myself why we didn't do it earlier!
Using it for the first time in 2 days driving across the Washington border for flight out of Seattle!

Congratulation. I just scheduled my interview. It will make it so much easier to cross the border I hope.

We have never been so glad to have Nexus (and thus TSA PreCheck) as we were Sunday night. Security line at MCO was huge, and the signs said 95-99 minute wait. Only half a dozen people ahead of us in the PreCheck line.

Still only two working Nexus terminals at Pearson T3, however. We gave up waiting and used our passports on the regular machines in the Nexus lane, and Customs didn’t even bat an eye over it.

We have never been so glad to have Nexus (and thus TSA PreCheck) as we were Sunday night. Security line at MCO was huge, and the signs said 95-99 minute wait. Only half a dozen people ahead of us in the PreCheck line.

Still only two working Nexus terminals at Pearson T3, however. We gave up waiting and used our passports on the regular machines in the Nexus lane, and Customs didn’t even bat an eye over it.
That's what we did at YYZ. Bonus - it skips having to take the kids photos, so no frustrating times trying to get my younger one's eyes to line up with the iris scan.

So yeah - for anyone travelling with family and have NEXUS - just use the machines on the left side of the NEXUS line.

Hey,
I am really new to this Nexus stuff, so I wanted to confirm... Can I use Nexus in YYZ and MCO? I always travel from Pearson and I have seen the Nexus lane there but I don't remember seeing any Nexus lane in the Orlando airport.

Thanks!

Hey,
I am really new to this Nexus stuff, so I wanted to confirm... Can I use Nexus in YYZ and MCO? I always travel from Pearson and I have seen the Nexus lane there but I don't remember seeing any Nexus lane in the Orlando airport.

Thanks!
In MCO it is called "TSA Pre Chek". You must enter your Nexus # online when you checkin. (If in fact you checkin online) It will give you a much quicker lane to clear security.

My first time using Nexus crossing land border from BC to Washington to catch flight from SeaTac was disappointing. Nexus line was way longer than regular one.

Going in a few weeks to Mexico. I know I can use it here going thru YVR, but can I use it in Mexico coming home?

Hey,

Thanks!

As a Nexus member, you also have access to Global Entry (US Customs) and TSA PreCheck (USA airport security lines).

In Canadian airports, depending on the airport and time of day, there are Nexus lines for clearing security and Nexus lines for clearing Canada Customs.

To be able to use TSA PreCheck in the USA, you need to make sure that your Known Traveler Number (KTN) (which is found on your Nexus card) is entered into your flight reservation. Depending on the airline, this is done in one of a few different ways -- sometimes you have to call to have it added, sometimes you can add it to your online profile, and other times you add it at checkin. Getting PreCheck is never guaranteed, but is you are eligible then most of the time it will print on your boarding pass -- if I doesn't you can ask the agent at checkin to ensure your KTN is properly in the system. We have had it not show up, and when they checked the KTN wasn't there even though we entered it at checkin when prompted. So they reentered it and reprinted the boarding passes and Precheck was now there.

For our trip in December we flew YOW > YYZ > MCO and then the reverse. At YOW we used the Nexus lane for security which let us bypass a bit of a line, maybe a 5-10 minute wait saved. At YYZ the lines were crazy !! We used it to bypass a security line that was about 30-60 minutes long by using the Nexus line (which was about 5 minutes wait) and then at US Customs we used the Global Entry kiosks and bypassed a US Customs line that was at least one hour long. THere was no wait for the GE kiosks, although the first one we tried was broken. Returning, at MCO the TSA Precheck line was quite a bit shorter and faster moving than the normal line [though this apparently sometimes is not the case at MCO]. In Toronto, we used the Nexus lane for clearing Canada Customs, again avoiding a lengthy line [though the line seemed to be primarily people from our flight, so not insanely long like the US CBP line had been on the trip down]. THe time saved -- both clock time as well as the simple standing for that long -- getting through YYZ coming down made Nexus there worth every penny of the $50 fee.

SW

My first time using Nexus crossing land border from BC to Washington to catch flight from SeaTac was disappointing. Nexus line was way longer than regular one.

Going in a few weeks to Mexico. I know I can use it here going thru YVR, but can I use it in Mexico coming home?

That's disappointing that the Nexus line was way longer! We go through Peace Arch often and have never found the Nexus lane to be longer than the regular lane, except that the regular lanes have a stop light so they can turn off their engines.

AFAIK Nexus in Mexico is only available in vehicle lanes to get into the US - I don't think it's available in their airport security.

I am looking to apply for my two daughters, ages 4 and 6. Am I correct that I have to create their own log ins to apply ? Do they need their own email addresses ?

I am looking to apply for my two daughters, ages 4 and 6. Am I correct that I have to create their own log ins to apply ? Do they need their own email addresses ?

Everyone has to have their own email address now, but my 'hack' is that I use a gmail address (which I do anyway) - gmail doesn't distinguish between these email addresses:
- your.name
- yourname
- y.ourname
- you.rname

even though to the outside world those are 4 different email handles, all email sent to those addresses will come to the main gmail address. So I just use mine, with dots in different places for each family member.

That's disappointing that the Nexus line was way longer! We go through Peace Arch often and have never found the Nexus lane to be longer than the regular lane, except that the regular lanes have a stop light so they can turn off their engines.

AFAIK Nexus in Mexico is only available in vehicle lanes to get into the US - I don't think it's available in their airport security.
Ah, I go thru the Truck Crossing. Maybe I’ll try Peace Arch next time.
Thanks for Mexico info. I was hoping it would be good at airport.

Everyone has to have their own email address now, but my 'hack' is that I use a gmail address (which I do anyway) - gmail doesn't distinguish between these email addresses:
- your.name
- yourname
- y.ourname
- you.rname

even though to the outside world those are 4 different email handles, all email sent to those addresses will come to the main gmail address. So I just use mine, with dots in different places for each family member.

thaf is a fantastic hack, thank you!! I was thinking about what a pain it would be to set up 2 new email accounts and then try to remember the usernames and passwords. Much appreciated!

I created gmail addresses for my kids when they were born so that’s what I used. They have the same passwords as mine and I set up automatic forwarding to my gmail so I receive all the e-mails they receive. I’m not even sure they know they have gmail addresses so they don’t get many e-mails yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!