Nicest Hilton Property Close to Universal

Lynnholdsworth

Earning My Ears
My daughter and I are going to Universal after our Disney trip at the end of August. We are staying on Disney property but then plan on moving to a Hilton close to Universal for the last 2 nights. We are Hilton Honors members an will be using points. it appears as if the Doubletree at Universal entrance is the closest but I have read mixed reviews. I am very picky about hotels and cleanliness. The Hilton Orlando looks nice but I'm not sure if it's a good location for Universal. Any recommendations for the nicest/closest Hilton property to Universal? Thanks!

I would not recommend the Doubletree. I stayed there many times only because I had to due to a businesss conference. The Hilton Orlando is further away but a much better choice. You also might look at parc soleil, it a straight shot north on turkey lake to universal, maybe 15 mins.

The Doubletree can be hit or miss on cleanliness. They have refurbished the rooms recently. I stayed there a few months ago and was pleased. I have also stayed at the Homewood Suites - Near Universal Studios and felt it was a nicer hotel. Plus, you get a Suite rather than just one room. The walk time is about the same as the Doubletree. The free breakfast, as a Gold or higher, at Doubletree is better. You get made to order omelettes. It's not the best, but Homewood also offers dinner Mon thru Thurs w/ free beer and wine.
The points cost might be higher at Homewood, depending on when you go. I have seen Universal view rooms for the same points as standard view.

We've stayed at Hilton Orlando a few times and it's been great. If you're using points (as I always have when we stay there), you'll avoid the obnoxious resort fee, too. You will get dinged for parking, but that's about all. They have an awesome lazy river IMHO (for a hotel pool, especially). The pool bar/grill ("Tropics", I think it's called?) is pretty mediocre but the other dining is pretty good. If you're diamond, the lounge is pretty good too. They have a continental breakfast plus one or two hot items, and drinks are available all day.

Even with no car, I'd still stay there and just Uber/Lyft over to Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!