Nick Hotel Review or the Mold among us...

I know everyone only hears the bad about Nick Hotel, but our stay was great!!! :cool1: We returned on Friday from Nick Hotel. We had a wonderful time. Our room was great. It was clean and no mold. Our room had a big flat screen tv in the living room that was really nice.

All of the staff and workers we met were great and always helpful. Our check in time was easy and very fast. We were in room 1164. We had a great view of the slides and pool.

My kids loved the Slime Time every day at 4:45 p.m. We got tons and tons of pictures with lots of characters.

The price of food is a little high, but no different than Disney. We did two character breakfasts, ate dinner at the buffet one night, and then ate at the food court.

The pool was never closed because of poop. It was closed one day in the morning for two hours because something broke in the pool. (two of the squirter poles broke)

We had a really good time. If anyone has any questions, please ask.

I had two nights booked but opted to reduce it to just one later this month after reading more unfavorable reviews.
Can anybody give me any details about the events at the hotel? I've checked the website but don't see any actual details of activities/times/days or a list of costs for said activities.

Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place. :surfweb:
Does anybody have a list of what is offered when, and for how much, or is it just the pool and the character meals? Can everyone be slimed or is that limited to those signed up in adavnce? Anything I can register the girls for now or need to register for as soon as we get to the hotel perhaps?

If all stays as currently planned we'll be there on a Wed-Thurs and will spend our time enjoying the hotel exclusively. Hopefully it'll be long enough to get a taste of what is offered and do whatever the "must do" things are...
Any suggestions/details would be greatly appreciated. TIA

OMG- we just got back and had a blast! will update later but no bad experience for this family. It truly was a wonderful experience :thumbsup2

Yikes how terrible. We were there for 2nights for Mothers Day. My daughter absolutly loved it. I thought it was ok. I'm glad I got a good price on the room. I will say that the life guards were very very nice. They were very supportive with my DD4. Buy the end of our stay she was sliding down the big slides. I don't think that would have happiend if it wasn't for the friendly life guards. I did love the fact that she was pooped and ready for bed at 7:30.She usually goes to bed at 10. Too bad the baby wasn't as tired. About the pool closings for :eek: . I don't think the hotel can control that. That's up to the parents.

I have lots of priority club points and might consider staying here for a number of nights in August 2008. I probably will have enough for 6 nights. For those of you that stayed for a whole week -- what was your perspective? What there enough to kids the kids happy? We will probably do SeaWorld, Wet and Wild, maybe the Princess and Pirate party, and spend three or so days at the hotel enjoying the water features then move to Universal's Royal Pacific for FOTL access.

I see lots of people posting negative things about the Hotel and I probably would not spend $300 a night for this place. But I also see many people post many positive things also. So what gives -- is it all about expectations? Comparing it to Disney properties?

I have lots of priority club points and might consider staying here for a number of nights in August 2008. I probably will have enough for 6 nights. For those of you that stayed for a whole week -- what was your perspective? What there enough to kids the kids happy? We will probably do SeaWorld, Wet and Wild, maybe the Princess and Pirate party, and spend three or so days at the hotel enjoying the water features then move to Universal's Royal Pacific for FOTL access.

I see lots of people posting negative things about the Hotel and I probably would not spend $300 a night for this place. But I also see many people post many positive things also. So what gives -- is it all about expectations? Comparing it to Disney properties?

I don't feel that I thought our experience was bad due to unreasonable expectations. I've stayed at many hotels/motels and never had the problems I had here. Raw sewage bubbling up into the bathroom is definitely not something I expect at places that aren't WDW. On top of that, management's complete lack of care (maybe just perceived because of the lack of response to my issues) did not give me the feeling that they cared if anything changed and that if we were dumb enough to choose to stay there again we could reasonably expect the same issues.

The pool and pool activities were fun for the kids and our little one really enjoyed the characters, however, the health issues and rudeness are not something I feel I ever want to subject my family to again and for that reason would not recommend it to anyone else.

I'm sorry if I came across as talking about your expectations. I meant in general as I have read so many differing views on tripadvisor and here and I just don't get it. I wonder if there is a "bad" area of the hotel?

We have stayed there 3 times, and each time has had little issues (keycard constantly being deactivated, trash not emptied, minor mildew, pool way too cold in SEPT no less). Nothing that would make me avoid going back, but since I am a FL resident, and also only go when I get cheap rates, I don't mind those issues. But, if I were paying 300-400 for a room I would be pretty POed. Also, because I am travelling off season, I think that is part of why my issues seemed to be addressed fast. We stayed our first time in their opening month, so expectations were low.

We are not planning on any stay at the Nick but I have looked on their website. I saw some rates listed over $200 + for some dates. How can a hotel with so many problems and complaints from people charge that amount? My DS has of course seen the commercial. For that amount we STAY on property. Plus I know about the reviews. He also asked about staying at All Star Sports for our next trip. I will give in to that request first.

We stayed there for a week in March. We didn't have a single problem or issue. Maybe we got lucky? IDK. The kids LOVED it!

We had a great time at nick hotel on 6/20 & 21, '07. The room was spotless (until we moved in lol), housekeeping was great, no rain, no "accidents" in the pool. Loved it! I would consider staying here again for the $129 a night that we paid. :cool1:

i cannot believe someone would cancel they ressies because of a review on here....Thats like not going to a movie because someone said it was no good...

The Nick Hotel is great ..if you have kids...of course parents won't like it as much but we stayed there For NewYears and it was great...if i found mold,especially red mold(which im not even sure exists)I would have told someone and moved to another room...No mold should ever keep an vacation down...I can see with all the water there how mold could arise as a problem,but we saw none.

Every review we read before we went said how bad it was and you had to wait for hours to check in....we drove 8 hours,all night arrive at 7:30 am checked in went to get breakfast and they called in 20 min and said our room was ready..we ate ,got out room and were at the pool by 9:30 am...

we would stay there again no problem...

now everyone run out and make reservations.....

I had two nights booked but opted to reduce it to just one later this month after reading more unfavorable reviews.
Can anybody give me any details about the events at the hotel? I've checked the website but don't see any actual details of activities/times/days or a list of costs for said activities. TIA

they times are varied everyday..every morning they have a new activities sheet with the times...as far as I know everything was free except the spa for kids....I believe we paid 8 bucks for our kids to get face painting like the HULK and a Cheetah...the dive-in movie is great..they play games all day at the pool it is almost non stop....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter