Night of Joy 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWLODGE

DIS Veteran
Undercover Tourist under Events for 2018 have that Night of Joy will not be returning for 2018. I don't see anyone else posting this. Has anyone else heard from another source that NoJ is not returning this year?

Ahhh, I was gonna go this year.

I'll watch this thread popcorn:: & start researching it.:surfweb:

Last edited:
Allears does not have it listed on their calendar. This was always DD 's bday weekend.

We'll be there that week for the Experience Conference, and I've been looking for info on Night of Joy. Typically, when you register for the conference, they offer tickets for NOJ. They didn't this year. The Mouse for Less website has info saying that Matthew West will headline this year, but they don't have dates listed. As of now, the park hours at MK reflect closing at 6:00 on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I wondered if they were considering bringing NOJ back to MK. I can't imagine that there would be three MNSSHP in a row that early on, but who knows. Will be watching this thread and other sites for info!

We'll be there that week for the Experience Conference, and I've been looking for info on Night of Joy. Typically, when you register for the conference, they offer tickets for NOJ. They didn't this year. The Mouse for Less website has info saying that Matthew West will headline this year, but they don't have dates listed. As of now, the park hours at MK reflect closing at 6:00 on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I wondered if they were considering bringing NOJ back to MK. I can't imagine that there would be three MNSSHP in a row that early on, but who knows. Will be watching this thread and other sites for info!

That Saturday 9/8 6pm closing is odd, isn’t it. :scratchin

At the moment Disney's official calendar only goes thru 9/2, then there is a long list of events that say 'schedule unavailable' and this event does not appear on this page.

Mousesavers only lists it as historically in Sept. with info from 2017, nothing new.

At the moment Disney's official calendar only goes thru 9/2, then there is a long list of events that say 'schedule unavailable' and this event does not appear on this page.

Just FYI, you can see 10 days in advance by doing this on the Disney webpage:
  • Hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
Doing this, you can see park hours through 9/12 (as of today).

Just FYI, you can see 10 days in advance by doing this on the Disney webpage:
  • Hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
Doing this, you can see park hours through 9/12 (as of today).

Thanks! It seems odd that they have hours for MK that end at 6:00 p.m. from Thursday Sept 6 to Sunday Sept 9.

Thanks! It seems odd that they have hours for MK that end at 6:00 p.m. from Thursday Sept 6 to Sunday Sept 9.

Agree. The Thursday and Sunday ‘could’ be MNSSHPs, also the Friday date too. The Saturday one is odd. NOJ used to take place at the MK and they’d close the park early the Friday and Saturday of that weekend. But the last few years they haven’t done a park event like that.

Either there is something going on with NOJ that weekend (obviously just speculation on my part), another event of some sort, or it’s just a placeholder that’ll get changed later. It wouldn’t be the first time Disney had early park closings on the calender this time of year but later revised them to normal hours.

TBD I guess! :-)

Did they lose a lot of money canceling Sunday due to Irma last year? Maybe they are rethinking the timing of the event.

Disney modified the closing time for Magic Kingdom on Saturday September 8th from 6 PM to 9 PM. Guess NOJ will not be coming back to the Magic Kingdom? Or might not happen this year? We were finally planning on attending this year.

Disney modified the closing time for Magic Kingdom on Saturday September 8th from 6 PM to 9 PM. Guess NOJ will not be coming back to the Magic Kingdom? Or might not happen this year? We were finally planning on attending this year.

Interesting. Thanks for giving everyone the heads up. Wonder what's going on (or not going on) with that event this year....

This was going to be our first time at NoJ as well.

mose for less shows them coming
themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/planning/events/night-of-joy/

This breaks my heart!! I was booked last year going for my first time. I was so looking forward to it and then had to cancel because of Irma. I was definitely going this year no matter what. So sad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter