Night Parade at MK- any hope?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by tink2, Jan 5, 2018.

1. tink2

tink2 DIS Veteran

I’m sure this has been discussed and discussed on here- but I took a break from the boards after our last trip - and then a big family trip came up so I’m back! lol

Is there any rumor, hope, thoughts of a nighttime parade returning to MK at all???

Crowds for HEA last summer were INSANE- parks went from low crowds to Christmas week on Main Street for the fireworks- I think a nighttime parade would help this some.

Plus- I just miss it. Period. Been to MK so many times over the years and last summer was our first trip without a nighttime parade. It was kind of sad to us.

Any ideas?

mandaminnie1 and DaisyDuck001 like this.
  2. jknezek

jknezek DIS Veteran

Nope

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. tink2

tink2 DIS Veteran

Thanks...... *Sigh*

5. hakepb

hakepb DIS Veteran

I’d agree that the night parades draw a large number of guests and reduce strain on the rides.

But it seems that management has decided that projection technology should replace those parades.

I wonder if there will be an expansion of the projection shows like they added to ToT?

6. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

There is a possibility for the 50th but that is it.

DebbieB likes this.
  7. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I really like Paint the Night. It’s moving over to DCA this year plus there are size issues for MK, so little chance they will move it but it would be nice if they would recreate it or something similar for WDW. I really miss Spectromagic.

John Gallagher likes this.
  8. Lvsdisney

Lvsdisney DIS Veteran

I might be the only one, but I'm happy not to have a night parade! I felt like between the parade crowds and the blocking off paths to prepare for the fireworks, we were stuck in random areas of the park. It made enjoying the rides that "didn't have a strain on them" next to impossible. Plus, you can only hear the same couple of bars on repeat so many times!

DavidHobart likes this.
  9. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

I’m torn.

At first, I missed not having a parade. I shed a tear to see MSEP go. A nighttime parade was one of my childhood Disney memories and I was just starting to be able to experience the same with my kids.

But not having one does make park logistics a bit easier coming back in in the evenings. And as someone with younger kids, I do like the earlier fireworks times that were in place most of this past year.

mandaminnie1 likes this.
  10. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

I hope they do for the 50th. There is another d23 convention before then so I won't give up hope till then.

TexasKiwiPrincess and HopperFan like this.
  11. TexasKiwiPrincess

TexasKiwiPrincess Dream Big, Princess

My unrealistic hope is that they will rebuild Spectro Magic for the 50th, but I would be very satisfied if they brought Dream Lights over.

mandaminnie1 likes this.
  12. anthony2k7

anthony2k7 DIS Veteran

I'd rather new parades at AK and DHS. At least MK still has a parade during the day.