Night Shows

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
Ok - one of our main things to do at DL is Fantasmic and WOC at end of April. I guess I was wrongly assuming that the shows would run every night on the week after Easter.

I bought the sale ticket so I can't go until Tuesday right now (sure Disney would take more money to make that problem go away - sigh!).

I noticed dining packages for the week before are only loaded for the weekends on Fantasmic but WOC is every day. Is that possible that the show would not run during the week? If it is the case I will call Disney and see how to fix this for us because that would be a HUGE disappointment to me to miss that show.

During the non-peak season, WoC is presented nightly, but F! often drops down to the weekends only (Fri, Sat, and Sun).

(Aside: I don't know when the Spring Break season is slated to end this year, but given how late Easter is, coupled with the ends of SoCal AP blockout and F&W (that following Tuesday), it wouldn't surprise me if that was the last weekend of the "season".)

It's the biggest drag I have at DL (vs WDW). Limited nighttime spectaculars. They say it's because fireworks make too much noise in a city/residential area. But F! fireworks are airlaunched, so they make almost zero noise. It's really because they're saving cash.

Definitely call them. They may try to help. Worst they can say is no.

Can you possibly shift your trip to Wednesday-Friday of that week? That would give you a weekend day to catch Fantasmic!

I would guess that they’re shifting to “off-season” right after Easter because it’s so late.

Ok - one of our main things to do at DL is Fantasmic and WOC at end of April. I guess I was wrongly assuming that the shows would run every night on the week after Easter.

I bought the sale ticket so I can't go until Tuesday right now (sure Disney would take more money to make that problem go away - sigh!).

I noticed dining packages for the week before are only loaded for the weekends on Fantasmic but WOC is every day. Is that possible that the show would not run during the week? If it is the case I will call Disney and see how to fix this for us because that would be a HUGE disappointment to me to miss that show.

It is very common for Disney to not have evening show events through the week during what they consider Off-Peak times.
It is also a time for many attraction closures for refurbishment.

This is exactly why Disney will often have promotional priced ticket offers.
It keeps people coming through the gates when they expect it to be a slower time.

I wish you good luck with your call to Disney.

...If it is the case I will call Disney and see how to fix this for us because that would be a HUGE disappointment to me to miss that show.
There is nothing for Disney to “fix”. You can try changing your ticket to a normal ticket I guess but

1) idk if this is even possible
2) one person did upgrade a special type ticket earlier this year to an AP, they were given credit for the cash price they paid (ie all savings were lost)

The ticket special is a great deal, with all great deals there is a catch. This catch is it’s available because it’s not busy season. If it’s not busy season Fantasmic only runs on weekends. You gambled it would run weekdays while you were there & you lost. It happens. I’ve had a few trips the last few years and have yet to catch the updated version of Fantasmic but I still had awesome trips so hopefully you do to.

My friend bought the Canadian resident special and she doesn't have block out dates. I will call and see if I can just pay the difference

F! isn't even running weeknights for the beginning of spring break season (March 11-15), so you are probably out of luck for that one unless you shift a bit later. I hope you get to see it!

Update - Called customer service and they were able to confirm that Easter Sunday is our one option. So I asked about the ticket and she said I could change it to a regular ticket at the gate and enter for $100 more. This works for me as it gives us more flexibility on the trip as a whole as well. Everyone else didn't have blackout dates so this means we can mix our park and beach days so we don't get so wore out.

I hope DL has it right for lower crowds - TP has it at an 8 so I'm expecting a fair amount of people.

Also, already booked my dining package for F! at Blue Bayou for Easter Sunday. Just waiting for the WOC dessert parties to open for the rest of that week now.

Thank you all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter