Nightmare before Christmas style wedding

Corpsebride

DIS Veteran
I and my man would really like to plan a Nightmare before Christmas style wedding at Disneyland. Do you think they do stuff like that?
I love this site!!! We have wanted to have a Disney Wedding since we got engaged 5 years ago. We havent gotten married because we want this and have been saving up. Glad to be here.:cheer2:

I think with Disney you can do any theme. I know I have seen Nightmare Before Christmas wedding cakes and accessories. I would call Disneyland weddings and find out your options.

I recall a bride from a few years back on a different site who was planning a NBC themed wedding at DL. So it can be done.

Thank you everyone for your fast replies. And I do love that NBC cake. I have to admit, I am a cake addict. I really really am. I hope I havent shared too much ,lol!

Well, lots of Reds and burgundy colors, lots of candles and big silver candle holders. Music from the 40's -50's era, Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin, big band stuff. A sit down dinner would be nice. I would like my brides maids to wear sultry reds and have smaller versions of my bouquet which would be Red Black Velvet Roses with white lilies. I think my dress will be either a vintage creme color or this really lovely sea foam green satin gown. Ill have to find the picture of this gown, it is just crazy. I would Like my fiance Kyle to wear a kilt as I am Scottish decent. Actually first born American. My grandfather died a few years ago, and it would be an ode to him. I hope I could have a bag pipe player for the walk down the isle. That would be cool. For the wedding, I would like it to be either outside at night or inside. Maybe a big red velvet cake with White butter creme frosting and red and purple fondant roses on it with gold filagre' decorations. I think the thing I am most looking forward to is that there is a planner who handles it all in one place. I just have to pick and choose. I have tried to plan our wedding 3 times and have gotten too overwhelmed. We always come back to Disneyland wedding. So far that is what Ive got.:rotfl:

Wow that cake is beautiful!!!! a NBC wedding would be so awesome...

When I was at a wedding expo in my hometown they had a NBC/celtic wedding adverstised in a book they were handing out. I could email it to you if you'd like. They did a fall wedding, so they used pumpkins, flowergirls as fairys, and a black and white color theme. They even held the ceremony in a local cemetary, very pictuesque cemetary. Her dress was gorgous as well. It's the black and white one with the design on chest from David's bridal. Hope that helps.

We had a bagpiper at our DL wedding, and he was great. We used Southern California Bagpiper, I hope this helps. BTW, If you need vendor reviews or suggestions there are a few postd at the top of this forum in the stickies. HTH.:goodvibes

Well, lots of Reds and burgundy colors, lots of candles and big silver candle holders. Music from the 40's -50's era, Frank Sinatra and Bobby Darin, big band stuff. A sit down dinner would be nice. I would like my brides maids to wear sultry reds and have smaller versions of my bouquet which would be Red Black Velvet Roses with white lilies. I think my dress will be either a vintage creme color or this really lovely sea foam green satin gown. Ill have to find the picture of this gown, it is just crazy. I would Like my fiance Kyle to wear a kilt as I am Scottish decent. Actually first born American. My grandfather died a few years ago, and it would be an ode to him. I hope I could have a bag pipe player for the walk down the isle. That would be cool. For the wedding, I would like it to be either outside at night or inside. Maybe a big red velvet cake with White butter creme frosting and red and purple fondant roses on it with gold filagre' decorations. I think the thing I am most looking forward to is that there is a planner who handles it all in one place. I just have to pick and choose. I have tried to plan our wedding 3 times and have gotten too overwhelmed. We always come back to Disneyland wedding. So far that is what Ive got.:rotfl:

that sounds AMAZING and so beautiful!!! please show us the sea foam green gown!! OMG, if you have a NBC wedding you MUST stay on this site and show us pictures and things.. I love NBC but never thought to have a NBC themed wedding, how original!

WOW-- you have to stick around and include us in on the planning. I love seeing different types of weddings. How exciting! I love that NBC Cake!

I believe that Travis Barker and I forget her name had a NBC themed wedding. You could look at their wedding for some ideas. I absolutely love NBC and Corpse Bride, and think it would be unique wedding. I read somewhere that at Halloween or Christmas (can't remember which) they add NBC to the Haunted Mansion. It would be neat to have your wedding around the time that they have that going. You could possibly get pics at it.

so nice to meet you!!! another Jack & Sally fan!! :goodvibes while we are not getting married at Disney, our theme is Nightmare.. my gown is white with black accents and we have porcelain Jack & Sally cake toppers and gorgeous Jack & Sally etched crystal champagne flutes ( thanks ebay!)...also giving our overnight guests Jack gift bags with all sorts of odds & ends...and oh yes, we're getting married on Halloween! :rotfl:

I plan on going down the isle to the Corpse Bride version of "Here Comes the Bride" and we will be playing the soundtrack from Nightmare after the ceremony..also got a fantastic Jack & Sally candleabra(?) and the Jack, Sally & Zero candlesticks to be used as part of our vows...and least I forget, my groom will have a Jack tie on as part of his wedding attire!:laughing:

oh my gosh - that cake is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what I would give to have that for my wedding cake!

Michelle:cloud9:

Maybe a fall wedding-- when the leaves are kinda dying and the breeze seems a little chilly...

ETA: This says its a Nightmare Before Christmas engagement wedding ring set-- however I dont think it is. But heres for a look!
http://cgi.ebay.com/NIGHTMARE-BEFOR...ryZ88891QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hey Maggimus, wanna have some fun? Nightmare on eBay has like 40 to 100 pages usually to surf through depending on the time of year - some really really wild stuff on there! when I have nothing better to do ( like work-:rotfl: ), that's where you'll find me!! I even got Nightmare goodie bags for my guests to go trick or treating with ( after the wedding, naturally)!

hey Maggimus, wanna have some fun? Nightmare on eBay has like 40 to 100 pages usually to surf through depending on the time of year - some really really wild stuff on there! when I have nothing better to do ( like work-:rotfl: ), that's where you'll find me!! I even got Nightmare goodie bags for my guests to go trick or treating with ( after the wedding, naturally)!

Haha I know-- i was surfing on there looking at stuff and they really have some off-the-wall, different, neat stuff. I got through about 4 pages and decided id come back to it! Where did you get your cake topper? Or are you using figurines? Thats so neat!

Another great NBC cake. I found this one a while ago while searching on the knot. I tried to convince my sister, who LOVES nbc, to use this cake. Sadly she said no, lol

large_image.jpg

http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/the...edding_details=Cake,Groom's+Cake&pageIndex=22

-Lauren

for Maggimus - I am actually using porcelain figures I bought on eBay because we will set them up in our curio cabinet after the wedding...they are quite lovely - if I ever get my planning journal started, I promise to post pictures! I try NOT to go on eBay because I buy so much stuff!! I got my fiance's Jack tie on there and also a really nice Jack bowling style shirt - oh my gosh, I could go on and on! :rotfl:

a note to Stucas - that is an AWESOME cake!!!! can these actually be ordered?? even though it would be a sin to take it apart!! I am doing a pumpkin cheesecake with black lace, miniature pumpkins and calla's for my wedding cake...and of course, Jack & Sally on top!

this is SO much better than work!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter