Nine Nights: Filling 2019 with Disney Adventures around the World *New TR Link 7/31

Your AK plans look great. If you do want to try EE with Landon, I was also thinking Evie would happily kill time in the boneyard in dinoland. Or, your mom can do Triceratops spin with her. Just something to think about if you manage to pull it as a 4th fp.

In addition to the food, we read all the Winnie the Pooh books last year and now Landon has a sentimental attachment to the characters. Evie listened in, too, but I’m still waiting for the day she’s old enough to connect with characters like Landon has done.
It really adds to the excitement and anticipation when they have a bond with the characters. :)

I won't lie, I'll probably be absent until after our stuff is shipped out and we're hanging out on loaner furniture. Time to think about Disney will be few and far between, but rest assured once we move into our temporary housing I'll be back with a vengeance! My trip will be on the forefront of my mind and I'll have earned a rest on the computer. This is just my apology in advance if you don't see me dropping into your reports or making updates for awhile.
Best of luck with everything! Will be sending pixie dust your way. :goodvibes

I think Evie and I are the only ones in the family who love Animal Kingdom. In fact, if it wasn’t for me I think everyone else would skip this park! Just shameful….
I adore AK for the same reasons you do. There are so many quiet, out of the way areas to explore. I love it!

In other words…the safari is about all I’m going to get Landon and Alex to agree to do.
Too bad! A mother/daughter trip with Evie is definitely a must do then!

BEGGED me to let us go back so she could see Chip and Dale. I offered to let her meet them out in the parks, but she wouldn’t hear any of that. It has to be those two characters in that exact restaurant.
Love her determination!

Oh Evie I like your style!!
Gotta love that girl!:love:
Good luck with both the move and the Garden Grill :shamrock::goodvibes

Should Evie have a similar reaction at Garden Grill, we will never be able to let her live it down! :rotfl:

Your AK plans look great. If you do want to try EE with Landon, I was also thinking Evie would happily kill time in the boneyard in dinoland. Or, your mom can do Triceratops spin with her. Just something to think about if you manage to pull it as a 4th fp.

I really hope my mom won't be burned out by her 5th day and be willing to trek over to the other part of the park with Evie. I just don't want to plan for it in case she's not. In the past, she has complained that I've tried to put too much into a day's plans so I tried really hard to slow this trip down. Evie would probably like Triceratops Spin, though!

Too bad! A mother/daughter trip with Evie is definitely a must do then!

There's a part of me that wishes I could take her before she starts kindergarten, but that's probably because I feel guilty that I got a few trips with just Landon. The lot of being born second, I suppose.

Love her determination!

Determined is a very apt term for Evie!

Animal Kingdom is probably one of my favorite parks too! Actually I couldn't get my husband into it until Pandora arrived and I think now he loves that park as much as me because of the addition of Pandora. We enjoyed Navi River Journey. It was really beautiful I'm sure you guys will love it! Good luck with the packing! It sounds like you have your hands full!

Animal Kingdom is probably one of my favorite parks too! Actually I couldn't get my husband into it until Pandora arrived and I think now he loves that park as much as me because of the addition of Pandora. We enjoyed Navi River Journey. It was really beautiful I'm sure you guys will love it! Good luck with the packing! It sounds like you have your hands full!

I've got my hopes set that Alex will love FOP so much, DAK will become a can't miss park for him.
It is amusing how many people don't care for Animal Kingdom, though. My friend went to WDW earlier this month for a week and never once went into Animal Kingdom! I couldn't believe it, but then again I haven't gone into DHS in three years and surely somewhere that's somebody's favorite FL park...

Still catching up but I’m joining in!

Thanks for following along!

I need Germany weather to turn around! Earlier this week, our warm 60 degree temps dropped down into the 40's again. :sad2: I had to send Landon to school with his winter coat yesterday, which I had already cleaned and put in storage.

This weekend, I have to pack our suitcases. We will each be living out of one suitcase (well, the kids are sharing one) for the next 8 weeks. It's going to really complicate matters if I have to pack for a month of Florida weather plus cold weather gear for Europe. When you move, you are allowed two suitcases a person but our CR-V won't hold more than 5 bags. :rotfl: We have to make sure we have enough room for our dog and his gear, some minimal cookware for the weeks our things are packed out, and a 4th bag for all Alex's military gear and liquids we don't want to toss.

In previous years, the weather here in May only required a light jacket and pants. But it's looking like I now need to make sure the kids have multiple pairs of long sleeved shirts and jeans. This means they'll get less room for shorts and tshirts; I might have to plan for more laundry days than I expected. :eek:

*sigh* The realization of living out of a bag once again has hit, and I'm hoping I have the determination to make some tough cuts when it comes to my Disney accessories. No, I don't need both my Thunder Mountain AND my Animal Kingdom AND my runDisney shirt. No, I can't take ten pins to trade. And NO, I can't buy all the new Been There series Starbucks mugs while I'm there!:rotfl2::rotfl:

Ok I’m all caught up now! 11 days of Disney sounds fantastic and there’s no such thing as too much. We spent 15 days in October/November and I loved how much more relaxed it felt since there was plenty of times to do things.

Good luck on the packing Alicia. Weather here is back to feeling wintery again too! This is probably because I just spent my hard-earned cash buying a new table and seating for the deck the week the sun was out in the hopes of it staying sunny.
Of course sods law decreed that the rain arrived the same day as the furniture lol

I'm hoping for warm weather coming your way - packing for two seasons like that is so tough!

Best of luck to you on the packing and move! So nice you have the Disney trip as a distraction from the chaos :rotfl2: Will be watching for updates.

Oof-that is crazy with the suitcase issues! Can you just leave purchases at your parents house for a bit and your mom can bring them the next time she visits?

Ok I’m all caught up now! 11 days of Disney sounds fantastic and there’s no such thing as too much. We spent 15 days in October/November and I loved how much more relaxed it felt since there was plenty of times to do things.

As the trip gets closer, I am becoming less worried about how long we will be there. Life has been crazy the last few months and this Disney trip has been something positive to look forward to. Whenever I start feeling overwhelmed by the move, I picture me sitting in the Festival of the Lion King theater or boarding a railcar on BTMRR and I'm calmer.

Good luck on the packing Alicia. Weather here is back to feeling wintery again too! This is probably because I just spent my hard-earned cash buying a new table and seating for the deck the week the sun was out in the hopes of it staying sunny.
Of course sods law decreed that the rain arrived the same day as the furniture lol

The weather fooled us for a week or so! I've learned that warm sunny days in Europe are something to be treasured because they can disappear at a moment's notice. I'll keep my fingers crossed the summer provides plenty of warm days for you to enjoy your new outdoor furniture.

Ah sounds stressful! Good luck with all the packing- I don't envy your situation :rotfl:

Living out of suitcases is definitely not one of the more charming parts of a move. :rotfl: I'm always in a dilemma, because I want to leave room in my bag for anything I might find in the states, but the washers here are so small and take so long to run that I don't want to have to do laundry constantly during the days I have left here. Packing this weekend will be dramatic, I'm sure. :rotfl2:

I'm hoping for warm weather coming your way - packing for two seasons like that is so tough!

It's really tough! Especially since winter stuff is usually so bulky and takes up a lot of room in a bag.

Best of luck to you on the packing and move! So nice you have the Disney trip as a distraction from the chaos :rotfl2: Will be watching for updates.

The Disney trip has been like a ray of sunshine for us these past few weeks. It's such a relief knowing we get a break from the chaos. A way to recoup from the stress of moving out of Germany, and a breather before we dive into a new home.

Oof-that is crazy with the suitcase issues! Can you just leave purchases at your parents house for a bit and your mom can bring them the next time she visits?

I can do that; she already brings us coffee and barbecue sauce whenever she visits us. We also already have our new address, so if it's something we want immediately, I can always ship it.

Just got caught up on all of your planning - looks great and your trip is coming up so quickly!

If it makes you feel any better regarding your weather, we just had more snow here Monday night and didn't get out of the 30's yesterday. It's the winter that never ends...

Just got caught up on all of your planning - looks great and your trip is coming up so quickly!

If it makes you feel any better regarding your weather, we just had more snow here Monday night and didn't get out of the 30's yesterday. It's the winter that never ends...

Snow?! :scared1: Oh gosh, I will take my chilly 40's to the snow any day of the week. But maybe that means you'll have a mild summer and won't have to contend with brutal heat...:confused3

Oh wow, that does sound like a pain to have to balance both the weather you are in and the weather in Florida! Germany weather sounds a lot like the weather where I live, its been hovering around 40-50 degrees and then yesterday afternoon it decided to be 80 and then went right back down to 55 at night lol mother nature needs to figure out her life!

Oh wow, that does sound like a pain to have to balance both the weather you are in and the weather in Florida! Germany weather sounds a lot like the weather where I live, its been hovering around 40-50 degrees and then yesterday afternoon it decided to be 80 and then went right back down to 55 at night lol mother nature needs to figure out her life!

That sort of crazy weather makes dressing such an ordeal. You don't know if you need to grab a jacket or break out the shorts. At least when we are in Florida, we know it'll be hotter than the surface of the sun every single day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter