Nine Nights: Filling 2019 with Disney Adventures around the World *New TR Link 7/31

Have a safe flight!
Landon has taken this move kind of hard, and it almost broke my heart to hear him say as we walked home: "I'm feeling sad. Very sad. But I don't want to cry anymore, so I am just going to feel the sadness."
Poor little guy! Have you watched Inside Out? Maybe he would like that since the main girl moves and has to deal with the emotions that come along with it? I don't think it would be too adult for him to understand.

Poor little guy! Have you watched Inside Out? Maybe he would like that since the main girl moves and has to deal with the emotions that come along with it? I don't think it would be too adult for him to understand.
If he hasn't that is a good movie. Morgan rewatched it a few months again. And it was like watching a whole new movie! She totally got all of the transition from simple feelings to more complicated feelings!

I love some breadcrumbs on a Mac and Cheese, and I'm pretty positive this is a dish I'll end up trying this trip. I prefer savory over sweet snacks, even if it is a million degrees out.
100% yes. I love the one with shrimp and sweet chili but I know not everyone loves spicy. Let us know what you think!

In other news, we fly to Florida tomorrow. :cheer2: Our flight is pretty horrendous, but we didn't get any choice in the matter. The military basically said, "You're going on this one,"

That's how the military rolls. :(

June 12th, Day 7 Plans:

This is going to be our first “family” day of the trip. Alex, myself, and the kids are headed to Epcot first thing in the morning to experience some attractions we never get to do. With Soarin’, Test Track, and the World Showcase drawing our attention, a lot of the other experiences get overlooked.

But not this time!

No, indeed.

For our 7 day of Disney, we are going to start our (3rd) Epcot visit at Frozen, using a Fastpass for the ride.

Alex has never ridden this since it was overhauled from Maelstrom, so it was a must do for us. Plus, Evie enjoys the film. It’s not her favorite and she certainly wasn’t as crazy about it as other girls used to be, but she will still really want to do this.

Perhaps we will even meet the gals afterwards:

Once we are finished in Arrendalle (which is NOT Norway, but who’s bitter) my family is going to head back into Future World to use our Fastpasses in this area:

None of us have seen Turtle Talk with Crush before, and I think the kids are at the perfect age to give it a try.

Afterwards, we’ll continue to cool down in the aquarium:

And then potentially use our third Fastpasses for Living with the Land.

Lunch and an afternoon break is on the agenda from that point on, and then our plans become flexible.

Originally, I had a 5:15 dinner booked at Liberty Tree Tavern but after suggested I look into a lunch time, I cancelled this reservation. We might still visit the MK.

I love the Magic Kingdom at night. However, they recently increased the hours and pushed Extra Magic Hours later this evening, and I’m worried it’s because they predict it’ll be busy. I am thinking with the Villains Party the following evening; a lot of guests will want to take advantage of the late night at MK.

So as tempting as nighttime MK shots are:

If the kids would rather go somewhere else, we will oblige.

In a dream world, me or Alex would sneak off for a late night in the parks with Landon and ride the coasters with him, but that’s all dependent on whether or not he wants to do that.

Alex and I have decided to leave these last few days open and up for change. We have meal reservations and Fastpasses that we’re sticking to, but after that we want to allow the kids chances to set the pace and tone of the day. If the two of them want to spend the evening swimming back at Shades, Alex and I are fine with that. If they want to go back to TSL and wait in line for Alien Swirling Saucers, so be it.
They’ll get the opportunity to re-do things they love or rest their weary bodies. Flexibility is the name of the last half of the trip’s game.

Up Next…Day 8 and 9 Plans

I think that’s a great plan for the second half of the trip! It’s exhaustingly fun, and you want everyone to have a great time. How was the flight?

Sounds like a great mix of planning and spontaneous. I think the kids are really going to enjoy picking their experiences after tasting a little bit of everything.

Hope the flight went well, and everyone did well!

I also hope Landon is feeling better, kids can take things so hard, but i think they usually bounce back pretty fast!

I am not a huge fan of the Arrendalle/Norway change either! But the ride is fun, even if i miss Malstorm, its basically the same ride.... right right, i mean that's what i tell myself at least!
I love me some Epcot so hope thats a fabulous day!

Alex has never ridden this since it was overhauled from Maelstrom, so it was a must do for us.

Meh, it's okay, but maelstrom was far better!

Arrendalle (which is NOT Norway, but who’s bitter)

It is NOT, and I'm right there with ya, Sister.

None of us have seen Turtle Talk with Crush before, and I think the kids are at the perfect age to give it a try.

They are the perfect age! I think they'll really love it!

They’ll get the opportunity to re-do things they love or rest their weary bodies. Flexibility is the name of the last half of the trip’s game.

Good plan, Mama.

I think the kids will LOVE Turtle Talk with Crush - and I think you and Alex will really like it, too! I was so surprised how much my sister and I loved it and we weren't traveling with any kids!

I think it's a great idea to be flexible, especially since you have a nice long visit.

With your cancelling of the LTT dinner... hopefully you're going to try it for lunch? :goodvibes I'm sure you'll love it - there are so many great options at lunch!

Love the idea of leaving the last few days flexible to see what the kids want to do! It sounds like a good plan for the whole family to not be burnt out by the end of the trip!

I think your end of trip plans sound great! Especially letting the kids decide so they can really decide what they like to do in Disney!!

Can't wait to see what the rest of your plans are!

Glad you guys made it stateside safely!!

I think that’s a great plan for the second half of the trip! It’s exhaustingly fun, and you want everyone to have a great time. How was the flight?

I am really glad that I only planned half days for the last half of the trip. I think these days are going to end up being some of my favorites.

The flights were long and didn't go well for one person in the family, but we all made it and are happy to have settled into vacation mode.

Sounds like a great mix of planning and spontaneous. I think the kids are really going to enjoy picking their experiences after tasting a little bit of everything.

Absolutely; Landon and Evie will probably find it a bit of a relief not to have every hour of the day planned. Alex and I are trying really, really hard to make this vacation about them and giving them a chance to forget about the move.

Hope the flight went well, and everyone did well!

I also hope Landon is feeling better, kids can take things so hard, but i think they usually bounce back pretty fast!

I am not a huge fan of the Arrendalle/Norway change either! But the ride is fun, even if i miss Malstorm, its basically the same ride.... right right, i mean that's what i tell myself at least!
I love me some Epcot so hope thats a fabulous day!

Thanks! Me and the kids did pretty well on the flights; I was even able to nap for about an hour and half which helped tremendously. Poor Alex didn't have such luck. He had a migraine and ended up being terribly sick throughout the trip, but after sleep and some meds he recovered quickly.

I won't lie, on our first day of the trip I became really sad because I witnessed the kids being so happy. It kind of hit me just how sad they were these last few weeks. This trip is doing wonders for them and was more necessary than I thought.

I try to tell myself Frozen is just an updated Maelstrom...doesn't always work.

They are the perfect age! I think they'll really love it!

That's the hope!

I think the kids will LOVE Turtle Talk with Crush - and I think you and Alex will really like it, too! I was so surprised how much my sister and I loved it and we weren't traveling with any kids!

I think it's a great idea to be flexible, especially since you have a nice long visit.

With your cancelling of the LTT dinner... hopefully you're going to try it for lunch? :goodvibes I'm sure you'll love it - there are so many great options at lunch!

I did, in fact, switch our LTT reservation to a lunch! Honestly, the reminder that it's a good break from the heat of the day really sealed the deal. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find an open reservation this late in the game, but there was actually and 11:00 available.

Love the idea of leaving the last few days flexible to see what the kids want to do! It sounds like a good plan for the whole family to not be burnt out by the end of the trip!

I think I originally left the plans so open because I was burned out with planning that many days, but in the end it worked out. I love having the ability to go back and visit places the kids really enjoyed and not feel like I'm "messing up the itenerary."

Sounds like a great plan! And it's good that you're being flexible towards the end!

It was part being burned out from planning/part worried I'd be too exhausted to do too much of anything that brought the flexible plans about, but I am glad that's what happened. And honestly, I'm just excited to be going to for such a length of time that allows me to be this open with my plans!

I think your end of trip plans sound great! Especially letting the kids decide so they can really decide what they like to do in Disney!!

Can't wait to see what the rest of your plans are!

Glad you guys made it stateside safely!!

I'm looking forward to seeing what the kids want to repeat. Their tastes change so frequently that I think I'm gonna be surprised by their interests.
Thanks! It was a long travel day, and I'm happy to be relaxing in Florida now.

Sounds like great plans!

Thanks, I am thinking the kids will be relieved not to have our entire days planned by the end of our trip.

Thanks! Me and the kids did pretty well on the flights; I was even able to nap for about an hour and half which helped tremendously. Poor Alex didn't have such luck. He had a migraine and ended up being terribly sick throughout the trip, but after sleep and some meds he recovered quickly.

I won't lie, on our first day of the trip I became really sad because I witnessed the kids being so happy. It kind of hit me just how sad they were these last few weeks. This trip is doing wonders for them and was more necessary than I thought.

I try to tell myself Frozen is just an updated Maelstrom...doesn't always work.

I’m sad to hear Alex didn’t do well on the flight, but I am thrilled to hear how good the trip is for the kids! So nice to see them so happy! Makes it totally worth it!

I did, in fact, switch our LTT reservation to a lunch! Honestly, the reminder that it's a good break from the heat of the day really sealed the deal. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find an open reservation this late in the game, but there was actually and 11:00 available.

YAY! Now I hope you really enjoy it since I've built it up so much! :laughing:

(I'm not too worried. I've enjoyed every one of my meals there. ;) Assuming they haven't changed it, I'd highly recommend the cheeseburger - it's quite delicious! I finally broke away from other choices and ordered it on my last trip - now I know why my sister ordered it every time we visited!)

Hi everyone! I realized after posting my last update that I didn’t even mention that my family made it to Florida. Slacker, DISER….

But we did! The flights were long, and it wasn’t our smoothest travel experience. BUT, it also wasn’t our worst, so I counted it as a win.

So far, we have visited the beach, the zoo, and Target. Tomorrow, we’re headed to an aquarium and Alex and I are visiting the DMV. Super exciting stuff. Then, in 3 days, Alex and I will be headed to Disney for our kid-free portion of the trip!! I can’t believe Disney is that close. Doesn’t seem real, yet. It probably won’t until we’re checking in to Animal Kingdom Lodge and wearing our MagicBands.

All right, now back to the regular update.

Day 8 and 9 Plans, June 13th and 14th:

With only three days left before Alex and I reach Disney, I guess I better wrap up our day to day plans. Better late than never, right?

And really, they are pretty simple.

For Day 8, our morning is completely empty. We can do whatever we want. Our first Fastpass, for here:

Is a throwaway, so technically, we don’t have to be inside Hollywood Studios until our dinner reservation.

Alex requested we eat at 50’ Prime Time Diner on this trip.

I like 50’s, but it’s not my favorite. Alex, though, loves the fried chicken and atmosphere of the restaurant.

I think I will appreciate having some “regular” food by this point, too. A pot pie might sound appealing after a few rich meals earlier in the week.

If Evie hits the 38 inch mark, Alex and I are hoping to use our SDD Fastpasses for an evening ride on the newest TSL coaster attraction. I’ve heard it’s really fun to ride at night, and this will give us a chance to see the land at a new time of day.
Let’s just hope Evie makes the cut! She had an appointment nine days before we left Germany, and she was 37.75 inches.

Literally, a quarter of an inch away.

Maybe Florida has made her grow in the last week…

Our final Fastpass for this day is for Fantasmic!

I’d like to let the kids see this show; it would be new to them and Alex and I haven’t watched it since 2010. Hopefully, we’ll be able to last late enough for a second nighttime show.

Day 9’s plans involve lots of Magic Kingdom fun. The park has Extra Magic Hours on the 14th, so the plan is to get there bright and early and hit up whatever Fantasyland attractions the kids want to do.

Then, at 9:30, we visit some grinning ghosts should they chose to come out and socialize:

At 11:00, I booked us a lunch reservation at
Liberty Tree Tavern. Originally, I had a dinner scheduled here, but I decided to swap it for a lunch that way we can pick and choose what to order rather than be stuck with the turkey platter. Plus, getting out of the heat after several hours out and about was suggested to me and sounded like a terrific idea.
Hopefully, everyone eats light because once lunch is complete Alex and I are going to do some kid swapping. I am going to take Landon on Thunder Mountain while Evie rides the Jungle Cruise with Alex. And then, Alex will take Landon on his first ride on Splash Mountain while me and Evie float through the Caribbean.

I am hoping that by the time we get done with our ride hopping, the Festival of Fantasy parade will be due to start and we can grab a viewing spot for it in Frontierland. It’s my favorite Disney parade, but seeing it in the middle of summer takes a lot of fortitude. We’ll have to be feeling really refreshed from our air conditioned lunch and lazy days prior.

After the parade, we will probably head out of the park and leave the rest of the evening open. Knowing Alex, he might sneak out to Epcot for one last viewing of IllumiNations while me and the kids pack our bags and cry over the end of another Disney trip.
But who knows? Maybe the kids will want to go back out? Maybe we will want yet another chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A? Or maybe we will curl up with a Disney movie on the FireStick and call it an early night.

It’ll be exciting to reach a 9th day of a vacation and see what we end up doing…

I have tried to get him to watch Inside Out a few times, but it doesn't hold his attention. Hopefully the next time we move I'll be able to get him to sit and watch it. Because I agree, it really resonates with a kid in his situation!

Happy to hear you've settled back into the US.

Alex requested we eat at 50’ Prime Time Diner on this trip.

I really like 50s but we haven't been here since 2009.

I think I will appreciate having some “regular” food by this point, too. A pot pie might sound appealing after a few rich meals earlier in the week.

Good home cooking does sound good about this time. Don't forget to eat your veggies.

If Evie hits the 38 inch mark, Alex and I are hoping to use our SDD Fastpasses for an evening ride on the newest TSL coaster attraction. I’ve heard it’s really fun to ride at night, and this will give us a chance to see the land at a new time of day.
Let’s just hope Evie makes the cut! She had an appointment nine days before we left Germany, and she was 37.75 inches.

DH wants to ride SDD & Alien saucers at night too. Evie is so close I hope she makes it.

Our final Fastpass for this day is for Fantasmic!

We love Fantasmic but haven't seen in on our last 2 trips. Danielle was totally entranced the first time she saw it when she was 3. I hope your kids love it too. What's not to love about good vs evil and good wins.

I am hoping that by the time we get done with our ride hopping, the Festival of Fantasy parade will be due to start and we can grab a viewing spot for it in Frontierland. It’s my favorite Disney parade, but seeing it in the middle of summer takes a lot of fortitude. We’ll have to be feeling really refreshed from our air conditioned lunch and lazy days prior.

I love this parade too. Hopefully you can find some shade in Frontierland.

It’ll be exciting to reach a 9th day of a vacation and see what we end up doing…

I look forward to reading all about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!