Ninja Foodi - opinions?

That’s the one that pressure cooks and crisps right? I’ve been kind of waiting for reviews. I have an Instant Pot Ultra but I don’t tend to make meals in it because then you have to brown in the oven and I figure why bother so I’ve been eyeing it a little bit. Have you looked on Amazon for reviews? That’s where I go when I’m considering something like that.

That’s the one that pressure cooks and crisps right? I’ve been kind of waiting for reviews. I have an Instant Pot Ultra but I don’t tend to make meals in it because then you have to brown in the oven and I figure why bother so I’ve been eyeing it a little bit. Have you looked on Amazon for reviews? That’s where I go when I’m considering something like that.

Correct. Supposed to be able to use as an insta pot, air fryer, or something in between I guess.

I bought a Cooks Essentials (QVC) Pressure Cooker off of eBay about 5 years ago for $25. Honestly, I'd just go with something like that instead of putting out a lot of money. It has a brown feature and you can brown your meat before you add your liquid and bring it up to pressure. I buy stuffed pork chops at the grocery store, brown them up, put in cider and bring to pressure and the chops still have a somewhat "crisped" effect to them.

We have one. We did not have an instapot or air fryer or any other pressure cooker prior to the foodi. I have made wings in it a few times already. It is really cool to pressure cook them for 6 minutes then season and air crisp them for 25 minutes. They came out great. We made pork chops , zucchine fries, and today I used frozen hamburger patties ( 2 minutes pressure cook, 14 minutes on broil) and they came out juicy and really tasty. Have been very pleased so far. Clean up is simple too. Have only had it for 2 weeks so still learning and experimenting.

Last edited:
Didn't need either the air fryer or the instapot, but have enjoyed playing around with both. I love the way 'fried' chicken comes out - one of my favorites in air fryer - no grease, but crispy brown chicken, and no guilt. And the instapot makes great dried red kidney beans Cajun style which I grew up on.

From what I understand, the Ninja is sort of a combination of both - think I'll have more variety and use out of the individual ones I have.

Plus, the size, weight and unwieldy shape (air fryer lid having to stick up while not in use) would be a big con with me.

Last edited:
Have one and love it. We had an air fryer before but this does it all and much better too. We first used it on thanksgiving to cook the turkey... came out moist and delicious, would absolutely recommend.

Get yourself a good quality convection oven and you don't need any of these "air fryers."

I recommend Breville Smart Ovens. They are phenomenal. I can roast meats, bake cookies, make pizza, "oven fry" chicken and frozen foods to crispy perfection, toast bread, etc.

An "air fryer" is simply a convection oven with far less uses. It's a fad appliance that no one really needs.

I guess this one is also a pressure cooker, but I have never, in my 40 years of life, needed to pressure cook anything.

Well I do love my Instant Pot. But I also love wings. Will have to take a look.

Cost of an air fryer <$200. Cost of a new convection oven >$800. Simple choice unless one is remodeling already anyway. Plus, the ninja foodie is also a slow cooker and pressure cooker too, so a bit more than an air fryer.

I am in interested in this too. I have an instant pot and an Air Fryer. I would love to get rid of them and replace with one appliance.

Get yourself a good quality convection oven and you don't need any of these "air fryers."

I recommend Breville Smart Ovens. They are phenomenal. I can roast meats, bake cookies, make pizza, "oven fry" chicken and frozen foods to crispy perfection, toast bread, etc.

An "air fryer" is simply a convection oven with far less uses. It's a fad appliance that no one really needs.

I guess this one is also a pressure cooker, but I have never, in my 40 years of life, needed to pressure cook anything.

I have never "needed" to pressure cook anything either. Until I got a pressure cooker. I never would use the stove top kind but the electric ones a great!

You don't need to pressure cook anything but my experience is it makes things faster and easier. I love having mine on hand. I don't need a microwave or crockpot either but I wouldn't be without them.

Cost of an air fryer <$200. Cost of a new convection oven >$800. Simple choice unless one is remodeling already anyway. Plus, the ninja foodie is also a slow cooker and pressure cooker too, so a bit more than an air fryer.

I am in interested in this too. I have an instant pot and an Air Fryer. I would love to get rid of them and replace with one appliance.

I've had the med. size Breville convection for 10 years and love it for lots of things, but doesn't do 'fried' foods like my air fryer does.

Also, my 3.4qt. air fryer cost $11 with a great Kohl's multi discount sale recently, plus Kohl's cash from a 'home' order.
My 6 qt. Instapot was $62 with great sale. Love my Crockpot that I've had for many years and use often also. I'm happy with them all as I love to cook, bake and experiment. The Ninja seems a tad expensive.

We had a top of stove pressure cooker when I was growing up and it made quick work to lots of meals. I especially love it now for pot roasts and dry beans. I can make them spur of moment and not plan for several hours.

Love it! Got the older model from Walmart for 180$ and I have used it everyday. We have had pressure cookers air fryer and everything and this thing is so much better! Need to brown meat for tacos.. done .. need to make some fries.. done.. need to cook a whole chicken.. done. Beef stew that would take hours.. done in half the time with pressure cooker and slow cook. It's super easy to clean also. The main issue we had with all our air fryer was the Teflon or coating would wash off and peel and then felt unsafe to use . So far so good with the Ninja.

Love it! Got the older model from Walmart for 180$ and I have used it everyday. We have had pressure cookers air fryer and everything and this thing is so much better! Need to brown meat for tacos.. done .. need to make some fries.. done.. need to cook a whole chicken.. done. Beef stew that would take hours.. done in half the time with pressure cooker and slow cook. It's super easy to clean also. The main issue we had with all our air fryer was the Teflon or coating would wash off and peel and then felt unsafe to use . So far so good with the Ninja.

Good to know :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!