No 7 or 14 day tickets allowed for the 50th..

I wrote a letter of complaint regarding the above and Disney are phoning me tonight.

Disney pulled the sale of anything from I think it was 26th Sep (stays ending by then) a couple of weeks ago. Nobody knows ex why, but it seems likely to be connected to park capacity issues and not yet knowing where they will be then.
A bit of a coincidence that Disney are celebrating their 50th Anniversary on October 1st 2021 don't you think.

So my phone call went well ish. They confirmed that they pulled all post September 2021 sales due to covid and capacity. They offered no clue as to when they will look at it.

The good news is they indicated that 14 day tickets will be back.

They gave me an option for free magic bands when ever I rebook.

and 21 day Ultimate Ticket? Will they be back again?

OK, so now I'm really concerned. I have posted separately about this but I have a reservation confirmed with Disney for Nov/Dec 2021 with 14 day tickets in the package. I booked before they shut down the reservation system...I'm worried it will no longer be valid. I'm going to email them. Anyone in a similar position?

OK, so now I'm really concerned. I have posted separately about this but I have a reservation confirmed with Disney for Nov/Dec 2021 with 14 day tickets in the package. I booked before they shut down the reservation system...I'm worried it will no longer be valid. I'm going to email them. Anyone in a similar position?

I have a DVC reservation for December,. Paid deposit for tickets with floridatix, was told if I paid balance by 24 August they are valid for September October December, really don't know what to do, let us know how email goes.

if they already sold the package with 14 day tickets, i would think they have to provide you with 14 day tickets.
they can't change the terms after the fact.

I have a DVC reservation for December,. Paid deposit for tickets with floridatix, was told if I paid balance by 24 August they are valid for September October December, really don't know what to do, let us know how email goes.

I'll update you when I hear back from Disney.

In my booking page for Oct/Nov 2021 it has this:

Notice the last part which refers to the Park Pass system which was introduced long after my booking was made - if the ticket wan't valid it would be pointless having that added.

Quick update, I've heard back from Disney and according to them the whole booking is still valid, which surprised me as it has the 14 day UK ticket included...but that's what they tell me. Oh I can also now load on my disney experience where before I was just getting an error and the tickets are on there too!

Bookings for WDW have now reopened for the rest of 2021 (possibly longer for UK).
Prices, tickets, etc seem to be much the same as earlier this year including 14 day ultimates with mm included.

Bookings for WDW have now reopened for the rest of 2021 (possibly longer for UK).
Prices, tickets, etc seem to be much the same as earlier this year including 14 day ultimates with mm included.
Where have you seen that? Disney holidays U.K. site still just shows up to mid September 2021.

Where have you seen that? Disney holidays U.K. site still just shows up to mid September 2021.
It was mentioned on DFB.
There was a 'tag' at the top of this board saying it.
I went into Disney UK and successfully did a dummy booking for Oct/Nov 2021.
I rang Disney and was able to extend my existing Oct/Nov 2021 booking (which I hadn't been able to do a few weeks ago when cancelling this year's).

Unless they've rolled it back again it is a thing, honest :)

One thought - you may ned to clear your browser cache. Perhaps it's serving out of date pages.

We bought 14 day Ultimate tickets back in June to cover our nine night DVC stay at the BWV in February 21.

The DVC points have to be used by the end of that month or they will expire worthless.
As the chances of getting there are slim we decided to rent out our DVC reservation which we have done.

Today we received an email from Disney UK saying that the water parks will be closed during our visit so we can either change the dates but no later than Sept 30 2021 or get a refund.
We have asked for the refund so, all being well, we just have to then cancel our individual park reservations.

The Disney holiday was supposed to be after a ten night Panama Canal cruise with Princess who have also organised the flights.
They keep pushing back the final pay date, now November 20th, but we think it will eventually get cancelled as it is hard to see the USA letting us in anytime soon!

Was it always this convoluted??

ford family

We bought 14 day Ultimate tickets back in June to cover our nine night DVC stay at the BWV in February 21.

The DVC points have to be used by the end of that month or they will expire worthless.
As the chances of getting there are slim we decided to rent out our DVC reservation which we have done.

Today we received an email from Disney UK saying that the water parks will be closed during our visit so we can either change the dates but no later than Sept 30 2021 or get a refund.
We have asked for the refund so, all being well, we just have to then cancel our individual park reservations.

The Disney holiday was supposed to be after a ten night Panama Canal cruise with Princess who have also organised the flights.
They keep pushing back the final pay date, now November 20th, but we think it will eventually get cancelled as it is hard to see the USA letting us in anytime soon!

Was it always this convoluted??

ford family

glad to hear you can get a refund for the tickets...
as for whether it will be cancelled?
so hard to know at this point, given that the vaccine will probably be authorized in december....
but of course, very few of us will have access to it for many many months...
a cruise in mid-february? 10 nights?
sort of hard to imagine that happening so soon even though the CDC has lifted its ban....
but the cruise lines have to jump through a lot of hoops before they're permitted to sail again, so mid-february?
i find that hard to believe they'll already be sailing in february....or at least not all of their cruises..

i find that hard to believe they'll already be sailing in february....
It will come down to a balance. The parks have opened because they can/have reduced costs, which are mainly staff, to match the limited attendance numbers allowed and still show a little profit.
Given that a cruise ship needs quite a few staff just to run the ship and has fuel and maintenance costs that are largely the same regardless of occupancy, the breakeven % occupancy will likely be higher than a park. And as it's mostly enclosed space the permitted occupancy for Covid19 control will probably be lower than the parks.
It's a double whammy.

I wonder if they may try relaunching but at a very high ticket price to bridge the gap. I'm sure there are some who would pay, but enough of them ... ?

It will come down to a balance. The parks have opened because they can/have reduced costs, which are mainly staff, to match the limited attendance numbers allowed and still show a little profit.
Given that a cruise ship needs quite a few staff just to run the ship and has fuel and maintenance costs that are largely the same regardless of occupancy, the breakeven % occupancy will likely be higher than a park. And as it's mostly enclosed space the permitted occupancy for Covid19 control will probably be lower than the parks.
It's a double whammy.

I wonder if they may try relaunching but at a very high ticket price to bridge the gap. I'm sure there are some who would pay, but enough of them ... ?

i agree.
And also, even if they are sailing in february, i wonder if they'll start with very short cruises, where the likelihood of outbreak is lower.
A 10 night cruise through the panama canal sounds like a high risk proposition until the vaccine is widely available.
But who knows. This is all new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter