No 7 or 14 day tickets allowed for the 50th..

we don't go every year because of the cost of airfare.
That's why when we do go, it's for 3 weeks.
That 21 day ticket made it possible.

i really don't know what i'm going to do.
Too bad the olympics are next summer, or else i'd seriously entertain taking all 9 of us to tokyo instead.
But i don't want to deal with the olympic crowds.

Well, our plan was Disney this year, then Tokyo next year for my boyfriend's 30th. Figured 2021 would be a good year for Tokyo, once the Olympics were done and out of the way this year.

Yaaaaaaaaay for the rescheduling *waves tiny flag*

Come on, I'm all for complaining about Disney at the moment but just get a 14 day ticket it's not the end of the world. Just do something else for a few days maybe Universal or SeaWorld. I wouldn't pay double for an AP just for a few more visits to parks.

we don't go every year because of the cost of airfare.
That's why when we do go, it's for 3 weeks.
That 21 day ticket made it possible.

i really don't know what i'm going to do.
Too bad the olympics are next summer, or else i'd seriously entertain taking all 9 of us to tokyo instead.
But i don't want to deal with the olympic crowds.

I totally get that. I last went in 2014 and did not expect to have the money to be able to afford to go again with my 2 kids in school holiday time. I’ve had a couple of accidents in recent years and compensation has made it possible. I still have the inconvenience of the pain and likely will do for life but if makes a Disney trip possible good compensatio.

Come on, I'm all for complaining about Disney at the moment but just get a 14 day ticket it's not the end of the world. Just do something else for a few days maybe Universal or SeaWorld. I wouldn't pay double for an AP just for a few more visits to parks.

we have no reason to go to orlando other than to WDW.
we go for 21 days and spend every single day in the parks.
the last time all 9 of us went together was in 2017.
the time before that was in 2011.

Perhaps you enjoy other things in Orlando.
We don't.
There's nothing else to get us to go to Orlando, or at this point, to the USA.

I will go to universal next time. Seaworld won’t go due to the dolphins and whales and I stopped before blackfish. Keeping whales in such condition is not right put them all in sea pens to live out their lives and stop the killer whale shows and the swimming with dolphins

I will go to universal next time. Seaworld won’t go due to the dolphins and whales and I stopped before blackfish. Keeping whales in such condition is not right put them all in sea pens to live out their lives and stop the killer whale shows and the swimming with dolphins

i totally agree about seaworld...
we also went once, long before blackfish...
we were there for 2 hours, maybe even less, but were really not happy with the shows and the way they were kept...

What on earth are they playing at?! 😂

I may be wrong, but isnt the longest available USA ticket 10 days? For the last 15 or so years they have been doing all they can to keep people on site. They know many from outside of usa stay for at least 14 days. What do they expect us to do for the other 4 days - enforced pool days?!

Surely they arent expecting most international visitors to just buy APs?? Or perhaps they expect us to buy multiple tickets to cover one trip? Messy.

Meanwhile, universal gets more and more appealing.

Seems like Disney is really wanting to sock it to the UK guest for the Fall of 2021. God only knows what they will try to pull on us U.S. residents. But I don't venture out to the World during high peak times anyway.

Sorry if I've missed something - I've been lurking for a while but cannot see if this has been addressed - we are looking at booking for November 2021, we were able to book it through Disney or Virgin up until a week ago but this option is no longer there. Is there an update on a) why September onward was removed from both sites b) when we can expect an update and be able to book this?

Again, sorry if already addressed!

Sorry if I've missed something - I've been lurking for a while but cannot see if this has been addressed - we are looking at booking for November 2021, we were able to book it through Disney or Virgin up until a week ago but this option is no longer there. Is there an update on a) why September onward was removed from both sites b) when we can expect an update and be able to book this?

Disney pulled the sale of anything from I think it was 26th Sep (stays ending by then) a couple of weeks ago. Nobody knows ex why, but it seems likely to be connected to park capacity issues and not yet knowing where they will be then.

You cant booked anything past the end of sept, no reasons or updates. Most expect it to be that they will want to jack day prices way up due to the 50th.

As for complaining mentioned above?

Since my booking in October i am now unable to move it to next October at all. If i could i would lose
14 days tickets
$200 spending
Free disney ddp
And now my magic bands.

Just crack on and charge for the magic express and they have more or less removed everything that made it worth staying on site

I hope all the usual offers and tickets will be reinstated once they have a strategy for how they are going to operate in the long term with Covid being around.
If the 14 day ticket is removed and there is no dining offers then it feels like most of the benefits of staying on Disney property are being taken away.

I dont think we will see 14 day tickets till 2022 at the earliest, the 50th will be a great time to push more expensive day tickets, then it will be xmas a few months later. if they dont see an decrease then i fear it will never come back.

I dont think we will see 14 day tickets till 2022 at the earliest, the 50th will be a great time to push more expensive day tickets, then it will be xmas a few months later. if they dont see an decrease then i fear it will never come back.

If they keep the american ticket at a 10 day max, they'll have to bring back the 14 day ticket, and probably the 21 day ticket as well.
It's in their interest to offer the 21 day ticket.
Because of the very high cost of getting to the US, they know there has to be a ticket available for the long holidays Brits like to take to WDW.

I understand that for the 3 month period surrounding the 50th, it's a sellers market for them, but once the draw of the 50th is over, it will be back to your regularly scheduled marketing schemes.

If they keep the american ticket at a 10 day max, they'll have to bring back the 14 day ticket, and probably the 21 day ticket as well.
It's in their interest to offer the 21 day ticket.
Because of the very high cost of getting to the US, they know there has to be a ticket available for the long holidays Brits like to take to WDW.

I understand that for the 3 month period surrounding the 50th, it's a sellers market for them, but once the draw of the 50th is over, it will be back to your regularly scheduled marketing schemes.

Possibly our 14 and 21 day tickets are quite a saving on the US 10 day hoppers. I wouldnt be shocked to see them removed. Disney seem to be pushing to see how much the customers will take. Someone posted the UK only makes up 1% to them. If they can do away with all the benefits and we still go then they are making more money.

Im hoping im wrong and we get at least our tickets back.

Possibly our 14 and 21 day tickets are quite a saving on the US 10 day hoppers. I wouldnt be shocked to see them removed. Disney seem to be pushing to see how much the customers will take. Someone posted the UK only makes up 1% to them. If they can do away with all the benefits and we still go then they are making more money.

Im hoping im wrong and we get at least our tickets back.

the 1% is 1% of visitors, not 1% of revenue...
but in any case, it really doesn't matter how big the UK market is...
if they can induce more brits to come for an extended stay, they will make money...
by limiting the tickets to the UK and Ireland only, they avoid cannibalizing their regular ticket sales

I can't see it being forever.

It would be a very strange business decision. Why only have people on 5/7/10 day tickets for tourists staying 14 days+ . I can't see people paying the US prices for 14 days.

You are literally pushing your guests to go spend money at Universal or SW or stay round the pool not spending.

DisneyWorld won't offer 7 or 14 day tickets past September 13th 2021

They reeeeeally don't want UK guests there at the moment, do they?
Original plan for us before all of this was to visit in May 2021 - postponed it to September 2021 but have now decided to see what is on offer for May 2022 since no free dining and limited park tickets for next year. At this rate we wont be going again ever - nothing like cutting off one of your major sources of revenue!

Original plan for us before all of this was to visit in May 2021 - postponed it to September 2021 but have now decided to see what is on offer for May 2022 since no free dining and limited park tickets for next year. At this rate we wont be going again ever - nothing like cutting off one of your major sources of revenue!
we'll see what happens once this virus is behind us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!