No DDP with Basic Package

meremac

DIS Veteran
Just an FYI: I tried to book a basic package with room and DDP for the second leg of a split stay (tix are attached to the first leg) and was told that this is not possible for 2024. Disney will now only add DDP to a basic package if folks are AP holders or TA's using a discount. Folks with split stays will not be able to add DDP for the second half.

Yes, that is what Disney said when the DDP announcement came out. The DDP had to be booked along with room and tickets if not AP or DVC. It is unfortunate for people who do book split stays, though they will probably come out ahead with the changes that were made to the plan for 2024. Now it is definitely more for convenience.

Yes, that is what Disney said when the DDP announcement came out. The DDP had to be booked along with room and tickets if not AP or DVC. It is unfortunate for people who do book split stays, though they will probably come out ahead with the changes that were made to the plan for 2024. Now it is definitely more for convenience.
The CM said there are a couple of additional exceptions as well...including TAs using discounts. I am having trouble wrapping my head around this policy. I totally understand not allowing the DDP to be added to a non-split stay package, but if someone can show that they have a lodging/6-day ticket/DDP package from (in this case) 7/11-7/14 and want just lodging and DDP from 7/14-7/17, I don't understand why it can't be done. Obviously it's possible to do since they can do it for TA/AP/DVC. In this case, the DDP would save my client $$ as they have several children in the 3-9 sweet spot and want to do character meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter