No discount with Sun & Fun. AP have more availability?

JustinS30

Mouseketeer
So I called and found out that my room at the Poly in September isn’t part of the Sun & Fun discount. *sigh* The CM did offer a room at GF that would have saved us a little bit, but we’re both excited for Poly.
Either way, when the AP room discounts eventually (hopefully) drop, do they typically have better room availability than the general public discount??

No availability for my dates for AP. I can get a regular discount but that's 25% not 35% so I'll probably rent points.

AP discounts came out this morning.

No availability for my dates for AP. I can get a regular discount but that's 25% not 35% so I'll probably rent points.

The AP dates came out until July 9, and I’m going in September. My question is more generic, in traditionally, do the resort AP offers typically have the same or better room selection than the general public room discounts?

The AP dates came out until July 9, and I’m going in September. My question is more generic, in traditionally, do the resort AP offers typically have the same or better room selection than the general public room discounts?
Traditionally, the AP discount for the Polynesian is almost always much lower than the AP discount for the GF. In addition to that. there is usually much more availability at the GF than at the Poly. As far as general public discount versus annual passholder, that is hard to answer. I ran a search for random dates at the Poly in June and there were AP and GP discounts available for the same room types.

Traditionally, the AP discount for the Polynesian is almost always much lower than the AP discount for the GF. In addition to that. there is usually much more availability at the GF than at the Poly. As far as general public discount versus annual passholder, that is hard to answer. I ran a search for random dates at the Poly in June and there were AP and GP discounts available for the same room types.

Thank you for running that! I guess we will hope for the best when the next line of AP discounts release!

Sorry - missed the September date.

So far I've seen the opposite. I can get public discount - same room, same dates but not AP discount the whole month of June for a 1BR at OKW. Same happened on my bounceback last month. I took a Fort Wilderness cabin but there's going to be 5 of us and that space will be too small. I was worried that I wouldn't get anything so I went with rented points.

So far I've seen the opposite. I can get public discount - same room, same dates but not AP discount the whole month of June for a 1BR at OKW. Same happened on my bounceback last month. I took a Fort Wilderness cabin but there's going to be 5 of us and that space will be too small. I was worried that I wouldn't get anything so I went with rented points.

That seems odd to be but maybe that’s how it is. I do have a request for renting points in that I’m waiting on. We were both really set on the Poly, but I can get Boardwalk or Yacht Club for our dates for about $200 cheaper per night

That seems odd to be but maybe that’s how it is. I do have a request for renting points in that I’m waiting on. We were both really set on the Poly, but I can get Boardwalk or Yacht Club for our dates for about $200 cheaper per night

Yes just proof that they don't love AP holders lol! We're a captive audience they don't have to entice us to come they know we will so we get use out of our pass. Renting points at OKW (privately) is costing me about as much as the bounceback on the cabin, plus golf cart and daily parking so I'm happy about it from a cost perspective.

Either is really fantastic if you don't plan to spend a lot of time at Magic Kingdom, that bus is a long ride but having the boat for Epcot and DHS is great.

Yes just proof that they don't love AP holders lol! We're a captive audience they don't have to entice us to come they know we will so we get use out of our pass. Renting points at OKW (privately) is costing me about as much as the bounceback on the cabin, plus golf cart and daily parking so I'm happy about it from a cost perspective.

Either is really fantastic if you don't plan to spend a lot of time at Magic Kingdom, that bus is a long ride but having the boat for Epcot and DHS is great.

haha I guess that’s true. And we’re very accustomed to the Epcot area as we’ve frequented the Swan/Dolphin. We’re actually doing some nights at the Dolphin for this trip (it’s two weeks for our honeymoon so we have time and wanted to see a few resorts). So granted we’ll be right next door to Boardwalk or YC. But then again we’re renting points for BLT at the tail end of our trip so we’d be right next door to Poly anyway haha. If my rental request for the Poly eventually goes through then it’s the best of both worlds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts