No DVC guide assigned

As a current DVC member, do you need a guide?

• Total voters

FFMickey

DIS Veteran
It looks like I don't have a guide assigned. When i purchased my last contract, the guide we were working with had retired by the end of the week we were there:confused3. We tried to to her to ask a question that we forgot when adding on our the CCV contract. Just asking out there, do I really need to find a guide and am I missing anything not having a guide assigned to me? If I should get one assigned, who do you guys recommend? Over the years, we've met with 3 guides and our last guide was great, but now retired.

From my experience, I’m sure they’ll assign you one soon enough.

When our guide left, another emailed us after awhile, letting us know he add our new one.

Just call the general DVC sales number, and the first guide that picks up will be happy to be your new guide and answer any questions.

After not getting good results on trying to get direct points from our current guide, I cold called the DVC sales phone number and got a new guide that was able to get me some direct points.

You likely have a new one assigned. That's what they usually do when someone leaves or retires.

But guides is DVC speak for timeshare sales person. There seem to be some that do a bit more but it's just as likely MS can answer your question. Or maybe even people here. IMO - guides are only needed if you want to buy.

We still have our original guide assigned, but we rarely talk to him. He did call before our last trip to wish us a good trip, but that's about it.

Funny you posted this yesterday. Shortly afterward I got two emails from my guide. One was sent in my last name, talking about adding on. One was in my ex husbands name, talking about becoming a new member (we had the deed changed for the membership to be mine during the divorce). Both to my email.

I’ll probably have to contact him at some point about that. Amazing that one email is on those two mailing lists.

Our guide just retired as well. A few days ago DVC called me and left a message to call them back. When I got back to them they just let me know the name of our new guide and left me their contact info. I’m pretty sure there is a section on the member site that allows you to indicate your preferred contact method.

As with all things, I guess some are better than others. I emailed our guide about the “closed” resorts when we were first looking to buy. He never responded and I decided that resale was a better fit for us anyway. Haven’t heard from him since, except for a few mailers trying to get me to add on at Riviera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter