No Email Show on Itunes For This Past Week Yet

farmergirl

DIS Veteran
Hi still no email show yet can some one explain to me how I could save it manualy to my ipod from the main page I tried the save target as thing which I thought I was suppose to do and that don't work. Thank you!

edited to add iTunes is now downloading the podcast for me - hit refresh (in iTunes) to see if it'll do it for you.

First, what browswer are you using? It's a little different for each browser.

Second, make sure you are right-clicking on the link "Download this weeks email show (MP3) "

In Firefox, I right click (click with the right mouse button) on "Download this weeks email show (MP3) " and choose "Save Link As" (on Internet Explorer, it probably is "Save Target As").

The browser then asks where I want to save the file - are you getting that prompt? If you are, make sure you're saving it someplace you can find it (like the desktop). I've downloaded things in the past and dumped them in strange places.

Then if you want to import it into iTunes, open iTunes. Click on File. Choose import.

Hope that helps. I just downloaded the file again to make sure it was working.

Really, it shouldn't be this complicated. Maybe Pete will fix the iTunes url when he gets a chance.

I was hoping that removing my subscription and re-subscribing would help...nope. The URL does not exist, according to my iTunes.

edited to add iTunes is now downloading the podcast for me - hit refresh (in iTunes) to see if it'll do it for you.

First, what browswer are you using? It's a little different for each browser.

Second, make sure you are right-clicking on the link "Download this weeks email show (MP3) "

In Firefox, I right click (click with the right mouse button) on "Download this weeks email show (MP3) " and choose "Save Link As" (on Internet Explorer, it probably is "Save Target As").

The browser then asks where I want to save the file - are you getting that prompt? If you are, make sure you're saving it someplace you can find it (like the desktop). I've downloaded things in the past and dumped them in strange places.

Then if you want to import it into iTunes, open iTunes. Click on File. Choose import.

Hope that helps. I just downloaded the file again to make sure it was working.

Thank you so much for your help. I got it on my Ipod now... not in the podcast folder it went into music as untitled but it don't matter much to me just as long as I can listen to it....I am not very ipod savy.....thank you again.:banana:

Don't feel bad. iTunes can be weird. Most of the time, it just works. Occasionally something strange will happen and it doesn't work. When that happens, I just sigh and realize that it's gonna be a really long day. I do always try to take a deep breath and remember the bad old days before my wife got an iPod. Ripping and transferring music pre-iTune with a wife with a severe visual impairment was not fun. Now she just moves me away from the computer and does it all herself. Much less shouting! :)

It's on iTUNES now. (At least it was for me).

Great news.
Unfortunately I've got the iTunes helper not loading error, so not sure I'll be downloading it anytime soon.
Every time I load up Apple itunes page to re-install iTunes it closes IE7 down :headache:

Reid, I'm not a fan of Firefox on the PC, but I keep it installed for just such an occasion. Sort of an insurance policy. Firefox isn't perfect, on my mac right now it seems determined to crash whenever I hit certain sites, but it's good.

Reid, I'm not a fan of Firefox on the PC, but I keep it installed for just such an occasion. Sort of an insurance policy. Firefox isn't perfect, on my mac right now it seems determined to crash whenever I hit certain sites, but it's good.

Thanks for the suggestion :)
I'm asking on some technical forums for a step by step guide to unpick iTunes/Quicktime and will then give Firefox a go :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter