No Halloween, no Christmas, no New Years 😭

Given that I plan trips to Japan specifically around TDR's event calendar, this means I probably won't be going to Japan more than once until at least Spring 2021. I really feel for people who bought annual passes specifically expecting to visit during each event though.

Right now, there is sort of a "pandemic event" that's on the level of the New Years (minus NYE) event. They have a character greeting type mini-show in each park and instead of food/merchandise, they have "rethemed" queues. I imagine that once they have shows again, they'll probably change parts of "Hello New York", "Let's Party Gras" and "Jamboree Mickey" for social distancing which could be a fresh experience. If they space people out on the seats, the viewing experience will be even better because traditionally, the slopes aren't quite enough to see over people for these shows. Definitely doesn't make up for the cancelled events but just a bit of silver lining.

So while hard ticket events are cancelled, will they still decorate the parks for Halloween and Christmas ?

So while hard ticket events are cancelled, will they still decorate the parks for Halloween and Christmas ?

The only hard ticket event Tokyo does is New Years Eve. There are no decorations for the cancelled summer events so I think that most likely there will be no decorations for Halloween or Christmas. Seasonal shows and character greetings are almost certainly cancelled. Easter merchandise is available for purchase through the app but that may be a fluke of having already manufactured it.

We'll know if they decorate at all by early September for Halloween and early November for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!