No Hurricanes Please- A Redemption Trip- November 2018 PTR-Updated 11/17/18 New TR Links

The trip will be here in no time! November is such a great time to go, especially weather wise. We were there last year in September (9/2-9/10) and we had to come home 3 days early because our flight was cancelled since Irma was hitting that day. We had to rent a car and drive back to NJ. We were so bummed. As much as we have enjoyed September the last 2 trips (besides the heat!), we didn't want to risk it this year so we booked for November (which is when we always went for years). I am looking forward to nicer weather and Christmas decorations. Happy Planning!!!!

Boo rain--it's crazy thunderstorms here too. I'll admit I don't have strong feelings about Lottie one way or the other, but I loved reading about how much you love her. And those ears are ADORABLE! You should definitely do a Lottie disneybound. :)

I don't mind them, but they make me sleepy. And my poor dog can't go outside so she sits by the back door and cries.
I think I will! Like I said, I think she deserves a little credit! How much fun would she be at the parks? I mean, she's not a true princess but if those wicked step sisters can get some spotlight time, so could she!

Cute ears!

Aren't they?! I'm going to solicit my mom's awesome crafty talent and beg her to make me a pair.

The trip will be here in no time! November is such a great time to go, especially weather wise. We were there last year in September (9/2-9/10) and we had to come home 3 days early because our flight was cancelled since Irma was hitting that day. We had to rent a car and drive back to NJ. We were so bummed. As much as we have enjoyed September the last 2 trips (besides the heat!), we didn't want to risk it this year so we booked for November (which is when we always went for years). I am looking forward to nicer weather and Christmas decorations. Happy Planning!!!!

Hi! :wave2: Oh, no! I'm so sorry you had to cut your trip short! That stinks. November is lovely! You get the perfect mix of fall and Christmas. There's pumpkin flavored stuff and food and wine and I'm only slightly sweating. When are your dates? It looks like you may be a little behind us?

Hi! :wave2: Oh, no! I'm so sorry you had to cut your trip short! That stinks. November is lovely! You get the perfect mix of fall and Christmas. There's pumpkin flavored stuff and food and wine and I'm only slightly sweating. When are your dates? It looks like you may be a little behind us?

Nov 10-18th. Yes, I am looking forward to it all! It's been 3 years since my last November trip.

I Was Starting to Think Wishin on Stars was for Babies and Crazy People

Ugh. It's raining. And I'm sleepy. But it's only 6:18. Fine, I'll spend my time online researching our trip.

Today's update is dedicated to the one and only, Miss Charlotte La Bouff. In fact, she gets her own pink font. You have probably figured it out by now, but I love Charlotte. We are kindred souls. In fact, if I'm being honest, she is the spitting image of my little golden-haired self as a child. My precious grandmother made me princess dresses for Halloween that I wore to play dress up. I never kissed a frog, but I've got myself a prince now so that's all good. When I was little I wanted everyone to call me Ariel because The Little Mermaid was my favorite. She will always have a special place in my heart, but she gets plenty of recognition while Lottie does not. She is fun and spunky, and I wish Disney would give her her own spin off. Well, today, Miss Lottie, I'm going to honor you!

So, I've never Disneybound before. I'm not coordinated to put character outfits together other than I wore all blue when I went to Crystal Palace for Eeyore. I usually just wear shirts with Disney themes or characters, but I thought I may try to piece together something pink. I love pink! Here are a couple of images I saw online I thought were cute.

View attachment 322819

View attachment 322820

The first is definitely more theme park casual while the second would be more for our anniversary dinner. It wouldn't be the exact same dress, but some sort of short pink dress and maybe a cardigan since it will be November. Maybe throw in some frog jewelry for the first one.

So, I wanted some ears. I found these.

View attachment 322824

OMG SOMEONE GET ME THESE EARS!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! Seriously, they are adorable. I'm so glad someone out there took the time to make something about her.

View attachment 322825

Thanks for stopping by and helping me to honor this mardi gras princess!

Disney Bounding is so much fun! I hope you do it!

Nov 10-18th. Yes, I am looking forward to it all! It's been 3 years since my last November trip.

Aw, you'll be coming in when we leave. I hope you enjoy planning!

Disney Bounding is so much fun! I hope you do it!

I've seen great pictures of others doing it! I enjoy watching the creativity of other people putting together character outfits.

I've got the hotel blues

This has not been my week. Not only has it been a nuthouse at work, but the paths aligned to make my life as difficult as possible. Thursday, I was sitting perfectly still in traffic when BAM! I look up behind me and I just see the car behind me come plowing into me. I'm okay, just a little sore. Thankfully, there is no damage to my car, but when I talked to him he told me he had hit someone in the same spot the day before. Um, is that a sign? Slow down for pete's sake!

After that, we took the girls to the vet for nail clippings. My basenji whippet mix is terrible at the vet. So, she ripped open my arm. I'm covered in bruises and cuts.

Yesterday, I started feeling really poorly. I checked my temperature and I was running a slight fever. Great. I have strep throat, again. I don't even have tonsils! So, I keep going and when I finally get home my husband is coughing. I look at his throat and his tonsils are touching. So, he's the culprit! Someone get the Raid! We have a case of the man flu on board!

I feel about 20 times worse this morning. My pup wouldn't let me sleep. She wanted to give kisses all night. My husband just stepped on my little old dog's foot and she's crying and wants to be held. My husband is coughing and whining and complaining. Thankfully, he's going to work. Don't worry, I'm not a total unsympathetic wife--I had some antibiotics called in for him. So, I'm confined to my computer with my coffee and my tissues watching the Royal Wedding (only because nothing else is on) and planning my trip. Don't feel bad for me, I'm happy to have a relaxing day to myself.

Which brings me to the Disney portion of this long babbling. I still have the AKL pool blues. I found out it will be closed until 12/04/18, about a month after our trip. I know it really shouldn't bother me as much it as it does, but I think it's the aesthetics and not being able to use the whole resort and amenities that really bothers me. I sent an email to guest services about a week ago to see if there was anything I could do as far as moving around, but they did not respond to me. It's the blindsiding that gets to me. Also, I never received an email about the construction as others have. When we booked with Wilderness Lodge last year, I knew there was construction. If I had gone with CBR or CSR, I knew about it. With AKL I didn't expect it, and it's such a splurge for us. Had I known, I could have chosen another resort. Perhaps it bothers me more that guest services didn't respond. Please forgive my whininess--I just don't feel well. I'll eventually get over it.

Happy weekend friends.

Sorry that you aren't feeling well. That is no fun.

You might still be able to change hotels, keep looking. People are always cancelling and changing there reservations. The pool being closed is a bummer if you are planning on doing a resort day. We stayed at WL when the pool was closed but we didn't really mind since it was cool the whole time we were there.

Aw, I hope you (and your husband) feel better soon! And glad you're ok with the car accident--never fun. :(

Maybe Guest Services hasn't responded 'cause they're waiting to respond til they get a fantastic answer put together for you? Maybe? *crossing fingers for you*

Sometimes you need a good whine post to get it out of your system! It does seem like when it rains, it pours!

Sorry you aren't feeling well and yeah, man flu is no fun to deal with. I feel the same way when it comes to our puppy as I'm the one having to wake up when he's ready to on the weekends - I haven't slept in past 6AM in weeks!

Have you called Guest Services? From what the rumors are saying - you may end up with free tickets to Blizzard Beach..

Sorry that you aren't feeling well. That is no fun.

You might still be able to change hotels, keep looking. People are always cancelling and changing there reservations. The pool being closed is a bummer if you are planning on doing a resort day. We stayed at WL when the pool was closed but we didn't really mind since it was cool the whole time we were there.

Yes, I have been looking everyday. I really love AKL, though, and changing would mess with my ADRS, but if I could get WL I would happily move over. We do have a resort day built in for the purpose of spending time with the animals and lounging by the pool.

Aw, I hope you (and your husband) feel better soon! And glad you're ok with the car accident--never fun. :(

Maybe Guest Services hasn't responded 'cause they're waiting to respond til they get a fantastic answer put together for you? Maybe? *crossing fingers for you*

Thank you! I'm just grateful I'm sick on the weekend. It's rough for anyone trying to work and being sick at the same time.

Ha, you're sweet! I'm not really sure that's it, but I appreciate the thoughts!

Sometimes you need a good whine post to get it out of your system! It does seem like when it rains, it pours!

Sorry you aren't feeling well and yeah, man flu is no fun to deal with. I feel the same way when it comes to our puppy as I'm the one having to wake up when he's ready to on the weekends - I haven't slept in past 6AM in weeks!

Have you called Guest Services? From what the rumors are saying - you may end up with free tickets to Blizzard Beach..

Yes, I feel better getting it out of my system, ha. My new Disney Visa came in the mail yesterday so that made me feel *slightly* better.

No no, I'd rather be sick anytime over him. Our 1-year-old dog woke me up this morning chewing on my husband's new pair of shoes. I'm not sure which one of them I wanted to yell at more- her for doing it or him for leaving them where she could get to them. Don't worry, I don't have the strength for yelling, ha!

No, I thought about calling them this weekend, but I've completely lost my voice. I resubmitted my email and got one of those generic we'll get back to you emails, which I didn't get the first time. It's possible they didn't get my first one? I've never been to a water park. I know some people have been moved to Kidani in a studio at no additional cost and some have said they were moved to a different resort. I'd just like to see what the options are.

Feed Me Something Good

Today has been a most productive day of laundry, blowing my nose, and watching Hocus Pocus. I'm feeling some better, but I just bought stock in Kleenex with all the tissues I've been using. Actually, today was productive on the Disney front, too. I've watched a ton of videos on the Disney food blog, and I've learned a lot--mainly about food that we would like to try in November. I really enjoy watching Disney-themed videos and since I can't really go anywhere, I figure that's a good way to spend time while our clothes wash.

So, here's my list that I compiled from the 72 videos I watched. Okay, maybe 50, I lost track.

• Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Aloha Isle--I like Dole Whips and I like pineapple cake. This sounds awesome.
  • Poutine with Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at Refreshment Port at Epcot--Cheese Soup, cheese curds, and fries? Yes, please.
  • Create Your Own Beer Flight at Baseline Tap House- I really love craft beer.
  • Hand-dipped corndogs and huge Mickey shaped waffles at Sleep Hollow
  • Sour cream and chive, cheddar, and buffalo popcorn at the Popcorn Cart in Epcot- I LOVE popcorn. It's one of the things I've had to give up since being diagnosed last fall, but I saw where you can combine all 3 flavors. I can nibble on a few pieces at a time, but my husband will definitely be eating the majority of this.
  • Taste Track at Future World- apparently this is the place to watch for unique items?
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcake at Sunshine Seasons- I could live on peanut butter. I also like jelly.
  • Frosting shots and cupcakes from Sprinkles- say what? I can get frosting in a cup? I may go into a sugar coma afterwards but holy moly!
  • Citrus Swirl or float from Sunshine Terrace- all my years walking by the little birdie and I've never stopped. I think I prefer pineapple to orange but I'm going to try it this time.
  • Smore's Latte from Joffrey's Revive in Tomorrowland- Coffee and smore's. Two of my favorites mushed into one.
  • Salted caramel pretzel from The Lunching Pad- The cream cheese pretzel is one of my favorite things in both the World and the world. I imagine a pretzel stuffed with caramel is okay, too.
  • Pulled pork fries from Flame Tree Barbecue- FTB is one of our favorite places to go, especially at AK. I'm a huge fry fan. I'm Southern. I like barbecue. Gimme.
  • Kobe Brisket Poutine from Nomad Lounge- Okay, my husband loves poutine. He's Texan so brisket is like gold to him. Again, I love fries. This looks like the perfect snack.
  • Buttermilk Chess Pie from the Polite Pig- Chess Pie is my favorite pie. I grew up with my mom and grandmother making it for every single gathering we ever had. I feel obligated to try this. I don't know if it can beat my mom's pie, though.
  • Peanut butter pie from Contempo Café- Remember that thing about peanut butter? We'll be eating at the Wave so I hope I can just get one of these from the café.
  • Pongo Lumpia and Night Blossom from Pongu Pongu
  • Black cherry hard cider float from Anandapur's Ice Cream Truck- this sounds like something Jason would love
  • All American Sundae from Plaza Ice Cream Parlor- Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream covered in peanut butter sauce. Are you catching a theme here?
  • Peanut Butter Brownie from the Mara- I'll probably pick the Zebra domes instead
  • Culinary Tours from Jiko and Boma- I've eaten at both places, but I think a free tour on our resort day would be fun. I'd like to learn more about the restaurants. I've heard these tours are good.
Any tips or other must haves I should know about?

Mmmmmmmm, I'm going to have to write down a few of these!

Sorry, you're not feeling well! :( It doesn't help when your husband is feeling sick too, because you're mostly taking care of him rather than concentrating on yourself.

Speaking of mischievous pups, my 6 month old puppy has been a real naughty boy. We put in brand new carpet less then a year ago and he has decided to eat it. We have about a foot of missing carpet between our room and hallway and he's pulling it up around the wall. He'll chew up anything I accidently leave out, including my binder full of trip planning. I feel your pain! :(

Hope you have a better week and feel better soon!

Mmmmmmmm, I'm going to have to write down a few of these!

Sorry, you're not feeling well! :( It doesn't help when your husband is feeling sick too, because you're mostly taking care of him rather than concentrating on yourself.

Speaking of mischievous pups, my 6 month old puppy has been a real naughty boy. We put in brand new carpet less then a year ago and he has decided to eat it. We have about a foot of missing carpet between our room and hallway and he's pulling it up around the wall. He'll chew up anything I accidently leave out, including my binder full of trip planning. I feel your pain! :(

Hope you have a better week and feel better soon!

Ohhhhh noooo! I would be livid. I mean, what are you going to do? They're puppies. My 11-year-old dog destroyed my bedroom door a few months ago in our new house. I don't know what her excuse is. Ellie, my one-year-old took all her toys outside so she chewed on my husband's new shoes. I woke up in the middle of the night while she was chewing a hole in the blanket. We love them, right? Even when they do costly things. Bless you. Here's wishing you the best through the next year of chewing stages!

Ohhhhh noooo! I would be livid. I mean, what are you going to do? They're puppies. My 11-year-old dog destroyed my bedroom door a few months ago in our new house. I don't know what her excuse is. Ellie, my one-year-old took all her toys outside so she chewed on my husband's new shoes. I woke up in the middle of the night while she was chewing a hole in the blanket. We love them, right? Even when they do costly things. Bless you. Here's wishing you the best through the next year of chewing stages!
Somehow I found an entire fence post in my backyard the other day...... I have NOOOOO idea where it came from? We just bought him a kennel to put him in while we're gone so he doesn't destroy the carpet anymore. 1. He pees whenever I try putting him in it. He's like a 30 pound puppy, I can't just carry him up the stairs. 2. I put a pillow in the kennel with him, and the pillow seriously looked like it exploded. lol

You're right ...... What are ya going to do?!? I'm worried for my pet-sitters while I'm gone.

Feed Me Something Good

Today has been a most productive day of laundry, blowing my nose, and watching Hocus Pocus. I'm feeling some better, but I just bought stock in Kleenex with all the tissues I've been using. Actually, today was productive on the Disney front, too. I've watched a ton of videos on the Disney food blog, and I've learned a lot--mainly about food that we would like to try in November. I really enjoy watching Disney-themed videos and since I can't really go anywhere, I figure that's a good way to spend time while our clothes wash.

So, here's my list that I compiled from the 72 videos I watched. Okay, maybe 50, I lost track.

• Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Aloha Isle--I like Dole Whips and I like pineapple cake. This sounds awesome.
  • Poutine with Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at Refreshment Port at Epcot--Cheese Soup, cheese curds, and fries? Yes, please.
  • Create Your Own Beer Flight at Baseline Tap House- I really love craft beer.
  • Hand-dipped corndogs and huge Mickey shaped waffles at Sleep Hollow
  • Sour cream and chive, cheddar, and buffalo popcorn at the Popcorn Cart in Epcot- I LOVE popcorn. It's one of the things I've had to give up since being diagnosed last fall, but I saw where you can combine all 3 flavors. I can nibble on a few pieces at a time, but my husband will definitely be eating the majority of this.
  • Taste Track at Future World- apparently this is the place to watch for unique items?
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcake at Sunshine Seasons- I could live on peanut butter. I also like jelly.
  • Frosting shots and cupcakes from Sprinkles- say what? I can get frosting in a cup? I may go into a sugar coma afterwards but holy moly!
  • Citrus Swirl or float from Sunshine Terrace- all my years walking by the little birdie and I've never stopped. I think I prefer pineapple to orange but I'm going to try it this time.
  • Smore's Latte from Joffrey's Revive in Tomorrowland- Coffee and smore's. Two of my favorites mushed into one.
  • Salted caramel pretzel from The Lunching Pad- The cream cheese pretzel is one of my favorite things in both the World and the world. I imagine a pretzel stuffed with caramel is okay, too.
  • Pulled pork fries from Flame Tree Barbecue- FTB is one of our favorite places to go, especially at AK. I'm a huge fry fan. I'm Southern. I like barbecue. Gimme.
  • Kobe Brisket Poutine from Nomad Lounge- Okay, my husband loves poutine. He's Texan so brisket is like gold to him. Again, I love fries. This looks like the perfect snack.
  • Buttermilk Chess Pie from the Polite Pig- Chess Pie is my favorite pie. I grew up with my mom and grandmother making it for every single gathering we ever had. I feel obligated to try this. I don't know if it can beat my mom's pie, though.
  • Peanut butter pie from Contempo Café- Remember that thing about peanut butter? We'll be eating at the Wave so I hope I can just get one of these from the café.
  • Pongo Lumpia and Night Blossom from Pongu Pongu
  • Black cherry hard cider float from Anandapur's Ice Cream Truck- this sounds like something Jason would love
  • All American Sundae from Plaza Ice Cream Parlor- Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream covered in peanut butter sauce. Are you catching a theme here?
  • Peanut Butter Brownie from the Mara- I'll probably pick the Zebra domes instead
  • Culinary Tours from Jiko and Boma- I've eaten at both places, but I think a free tour on our resort day would be fun. I'd like to learn more about the restaurants. I've heard these tours are good.
Any tips or other must haves I should know about?

Sorry about the puddle, that's just me over here drooling.... Your list looks so good!! And makes me feel slightly less insane for looking up all the dishes from F&W last year and seeing what I would want to try while waiting for the trip! The sprinkles frosting shot sounds amazing. And you will love the citrus swirl or dole whip--it's a perfect balance of tart and sweet and hits the spot when you're hot and sweaty. :) I've never tried the cream cheese pretzel but I really want to....

Also I'm getting the hint that you like peanut butter maybe? Though I could be way off, there's just something about your post that makes me think that... :P

I'd also recommend the cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern in MK--it's as big as your head and sooooo good (though I don't know if it's honestly that good or if it's cause of the heat/tired/aching feet I have when I order it and it's just...yum). The Lefou's Brou is also good, though a bit sweet.

Somehow I found an entire fence post in my backyard the other day...... I have NOOOOO idea where it came from? We just bought him a kennel to put him in while we're gone so he doesn't destroy the carpet anymore. 1. He pees whenever I try putting him in it. He's like a 30 pound puppy, I can't just carry him up the stairs. 2. I put a pillow in the kennel with him, and the pillow seriously looked like it exploded. lol

You're right ...... What are ya going to do?!? I'm worried for my pet-sitters while I'm gone.

Ellie plays with earthworms. Yep, earthworms. She has what we affectionately call her earthworm farm outside. She tosses them around until they die and then moves on. RIP, earthworms. We found that she was more destructive in the kennel. She ate, yes ate, the bottom tray and multiple beds. She BENT the metal cage walls and doors and escaped from it. She was more of a danger to herself in it than out of it. The last time I closed my bedroom door, she found a box of medicine and ate heart medicine, my diabetes supplies, and all kinds of stuff. By the grace, she didn't get sick. So, as long as she can sleep in my bed during the day, we put up the remotes, leave on the tv for her, and make sure there is nothing within reach we do okay. Really, now who is the owner here?

Sorry about the puddle, that's just me over here drooling.... Your list looks so good!! And makes me feel slightly less insane for looking up all the dishes from F&W last year and seeing what I would want to try while waiting for the trip! The sprinkles frosting shot sounds amazing. And you will love the citrus swirl or dole whip--it's a perfect balance of tart and sweet and hits the spot when you're hot and sweaty. :) I've never tried the cream cheese pretzel but I really want to....

Also I'm getting the hint that you like peanut butter maybe? Though I could be way off, there's just something about your post that makes me think that... :P

I'd also recommend the cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern in MK--it's as big as your head and sooooo good (though I don't know if it's honestly that good or if it's cause of the heat/tired/aching feet I have when I order it and it's just...yum). The Lefou's Brou is also good, though a bit sweet.

That's okay, we have mops! When it comes to Disney and planning, we're either all really sane or really really insane. I'd never thought of taking pictures of my food before I found this forum. Seriously, what kind of whacko does that? We all do! And that's the Disney norm. You gotta know what you want to eat, right? We spend all this time planning. It only makes sense to do research on each delicious morsel we think of consuming before we spend the money and calories.

I'll admit, sometimes when I'm in a crunch for time and can't spare time for breakfast I will eat a spoonful of peanut butter just to get some protein in my stomach. I used to dip oreos in peanut butter, but I stopped doing that. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Okay, prepare yourself. I don't like cinnamon. I KNOW!!!!!! I love most things pumpkin, which is loaded with that crap but I'm not a fan of cinnamon rolls. I don't like macaroni and cheese either. You don't have to tell me I'm weird, my husband does that everyday. We had the macaroni talk a few hours ago because he could eat his weight in the stuff. We actually do stop at Gaston's Tavern every trip for the Lefou's Brew and to cool off.

If you get a chance to try one of those rare cream cheese pretzels, you will not regret it. They are warm with sweet cream cheese and so good. If I had known my last one in 2010 was going to be my last for years to come, I would have made my husband get his own. I haven't found one at Disney since. It's my mission for this trip.

That's okay, we have mops! When it comes to Disney and planning, we're either all really sane or really really insane. I'd never thought of taking pictures of my food before I found this forum. Seriously, what kind of whacko does that? We all do! And that's the Disney norm. You gotta know what you want to eat, right? We spend all this time planning. It only makes sense to do research on each delicious morsel we think of consuming before we spend the money and calories.

I'll admit, sometimes when I'm in a crunch for time and can't spare time for breakfast I will eat a spoonful of peanut butter just to get some protein in my stomach. I used to dip oreos in peanut butter, but I stopped doing that. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Okay, prepare yourself. I don't like cinnamon. I KNOW!!!!!! I love most things pumpkin, which is loaded with that crap but I'm not a fan of cinnamon rolls. I don't like macaroni and cheese either. You don't have to tell me I'm weird, my husband does that everyday. We had the macaroni talk a few hours ago because he could eat his weight in the stuff. We actually do stop at Gaston's Tavern every trip for the Lefou's Brew and to cool off.

If you get a chance to try one of those rare cream cheese pretzels, you will not regret it. They are warm with sweet cream cheese and so good. If I had known my last one in 2010 was going to be my last for years to come, I would have made my husband get his own. I haven't found one at Disney since. It's my mission for this trip.

Peanut butter on a spoon with a glass of milk is like one of my favorite things and I haven't had it in moooooooooonths cause just not worth the calories. But soooo good.

Nope, not calling you weird, 'cause I don't like cinnamon much either. My exception is cinnamon rolls, cause that frosting is TO DIE FOR. But I'm totally with you on macaroni and cheese. Husband loves it, i'm not a fan. If i have to have mac & cheese, i want it to be Kraft out of the blue box, and then I'll eat it cold the next day. But otherwise, not so much.

Oh yea, that cream cheese pretzel is definitely going on my list. I will be stalking all the food blogs to see if it's around this September! :)

and now I'm hungry. *wanders off to the kitchen and starts rummaging*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter