No longer solo at YC in Jan! Update-p.16- photos & leaving in the AM!!!

aprilisis

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Some of you know that I returned from WDW at the beginning of this month a very unhappy camper. I was sick pretty much the entire trip with a fever. :sad2: It was just me and my DBF. I was looking forward to spending time with him since we never see each other because he works in a family business so much (leaves at 4am, gets to my house by 8pm). Needless to say I was very disappointed to not have more quality time with him. If you are interested in the TR, there is a link in my signature. Even though I will miss my DBF & dog, Isis, terribly, I HAD to book a January trip. There is actually another reason for the trip...I suffer from severe Seasonal Affective Disorder or "Winter Depression". I try to get to FL every year sometime in the dead of winter to pull me out of the funk & give me something to look forward to. Last winter was particularly bad for me because of a week-long power loss due to an ice storm. The power loss resulted in the death of my Grandmother who I have lived next door to or with for my entire life & cared for the last few years. Last December was rough. This December, I am going to try really hard to focus on the positive & spend a lot of time with family- as well as plan my behind off for my January trip!
I've been known to ramble on & on & overload the reports with photos, so prepare yourselves! :rotfl: I will post some past WL photos and my ADR’s soon. I hope you follow along. :goodvibes

How did I miss this? Glad you started a new ptr. I love looking at your pictures. You will be well, you will be well, you will be well.

Ginny

Here is a little overview:
The cast of characters is pretty small….just me! I have asked a few different friends if they want to join me, but so far no one can. John NEVER takes weekends off from work because they are too busy, so that rules him out, too. I have been to WDW 2 times before by myself & I enjoyed it to a degree each time. Now- I say “to a degree” because each time had a different circumstance associated with it. The first time I went to WDW solo was in January of 2005. I met a friend I used to work with & we went to Universal together the first day. She stayed over with me at WL- AND she was sick. Not only did she keep me up all night snoring- she was sick with a terrible cold AND gave me that cold. I also got a flat tire on my rental car & had to wait 3 hours for their roadside service to get to me to change it. That put a bit of a damper on that trip. It was only a head cold, though, so it wasn’t TOO bad. My next solo trip was in November 2006 & earlier in the year I had lost my Grandfather (who was more like my Dad) and the relationship I was in had just fallen apart (In hindsight that was the best thing that ever happened to me, but it still hurt then). It wasn’t a bad trip, but I was overly sentimental & a little sad the whole time. I didn’t have anyone to meet up & hang out with at all, either. This time my situation is much different.

I am flying Southwest for the first time ever. I’m a little apprehensive about it, too, just for the lack of assigned seating. I DID go for the extra $10 for the “Early Bird Check-in”, so I will be able to tell you if it is worth it or not. Although- if any of you have done this before, I would be happy to hear your experiences with it! Since John works in Woonsocket & has to be there EARLY, I asked if he would drop me off at TF Green airport in Warwick, RI. Thankfully, he agreed! I am arriving in WDW on January 14th & departing on January 18th. It is not a long trip, but it will give me the chance to make up for what I missed out on during the last trip.

Here is my plan so far:
Thursday Jan. 14th – Arrive at 11am & take Magical Express over to WL. (I haven’t done this in 3 years, so I will have NO idea where I’m going or what to do!) I’m planning to use online check-in, so hopefully my room will be ready. I am also hoping my Garden Grocer order will be there when I arrive. I plan on heading to Downtown Disney & SHOPPING. I’m also dying to try the food at Paradiso 37. If not, I belong to the Rainforest Café safari club, so I can always go there. I’m hoping to take tons of photos, shop my behind off & soak it all in. Then I will head back to WL & maybe stop for a drink at Territory Lounge. I’m planning to head back to the room exhausted every day, so I should fall right to sleep.
That is just day 1 so far. I have to actually go and EAT during my lunch hour now! :laughing:

An old, scanned photo from our room at WL in 2001:
wlpool-1.jpg

Um excuse me.......why didn't you tell us you had started a pre-trip report? I just happened upon it. Consider yourself scolded. Just kidding!

Yay! You started your PTR.

I'm so excited we are going to be in Disney at the same time. I can't wait to see how our plans overlap.

Taking Magical Express is super easy! You'll be fine.

I usually fly Southwest and I love them. I did pay for the early bird check in too especially for the way home so I don't have to worry about checking into the flight. I like the no assigned seating, it seems like people get into their seats quicker if they are not looking for a specific one.

We fly Southwest often. Have never paid the extra fee. You can check in on line 24 hours in advance and get your boarding assignment then. It is always nice to get A but B is not bad. They do not overbook like a lot of airlines.

Um excuse me.......why didn't you tell us you had started a pre-trip report? I just happened upon it. Consider yourself scolded. Just kidding!

:rolleyes1 Sorry! I am a slacker.

Yay! You started your PTR.
I'm so excited we are going to be in Disney at the same time. I can't wait to see how our plans overlap.
Taking Magical Express is super easy! You'll be fine.
I usually fly Southwest and I love them. I did pay for the early bird check in too especially for the way home so I don't have to worry about checking into the flight. I like the no assigned seating, it seems like people get into their seats quicker if they are not looking for a specific one.

That is good to know. All I know about Southwest, I know from the show “Airline” which was always about disgruntled customers. :rotfl:
I hope we get to meet up & hang out a little- that would be fun! Are there signs to direct me to Magical Express?

We fly Southwest often. Have never paid the extra fee. You can check in on line 24 hours in advance and get your boarding assignment then. It is always nice to get A but B is not bad. They do not overbook like a lot of airlines.

I’m glad to hear that you have had luck with Southwest. After I booked, I was regretting my decision, but not anymore!

:yay:
need to go back and read what you have so far...just subbing in for the moment
be back later!!!:wave2:

Yay! You’re here!!!

Yes, there are signs. Also when you get your Magical Express booklet it will have a little map in there too I believe.

Yes, there are signs. Also when you get your Magical Express booklet it will have a little map in there too I believe.

THANKS! That is good to know. I could picture myself wandering the airport looking like a lost tourist! I usually arrive at MCO & feel completely at home & know just where to go for the rental & baggage, so this will definitely be a different experience for me.
Thanks again for the info!

Sorry for another phone update. Tonight we went to see David Gray at the Wang Theater in Boston. I love going to Boston, anyway, but this was my 1st visit to this particular theater. It was built in 1925 & was just what you would expect from that era- very opulent. I will post the couple of photos I took from my cell on Monday. The concert was great. David Gray's music is pretty mellow, but THANK GOODNESS John stopped off for ear plugs along the way. It was much more enjoyable for that reason. When we got home, Isis completely ignored me & she STILL is 3 hours later.
I dropped off my death trap rental car today & can finally pick up my car tomorrow. I know it sounds silly, but I missed my car! I also decided that for my only 2 grandparents I have left (stepmom's mom & stepdad's mom), I am going to scan tons of old photos & use some new ones to make photo dvds set to music for them for Christmas. I just hope they will like it & that it won't make them too sentimental. What do you guys think? Should I drop it or continue?
Other than that, I am hoping that tomorrow night (really tonight!) John & I get to go back to an inexpensive Italian restaurant we discovered last week. They had $8 entrees on the menu & the food was awesome! That's it for this weekend other than household stuff- laundry, cleaning, etc.
I have no idea why I can't sleep tonight, because I am exhausted. I think I may try now, though.

Friday I finally dropped off my rental car & got my OWN car back. :woohoo: I was SO happy! I took a few photos from Worcester airport while I was waiting for a ride home (after dropping off the rental).
Worc2.jpg

Worc.jpg

Then Friday night was David Gray at the Wang in Boston. I took some cell photos- they aren’t good quality, but here they are:
Photo_102309_001.jpg

Photo_102309_002.jpg

Saturday night & Sunday I began scanning in old photos for my holiday gift projects (the photo dvds for my step-Grandmothers). While I was scanning, I thought I may do a pet one for my mom of all of the pets we have had. I took a few photos of my Mom’s dog, then the neighbor’s dog showed up & I thought maybe I would get them a photo gift with their dog on it. Here are a few shots:
My mom’s dog, Gracie (120 pound yellow lab)
Graciegreen.jpg

Graciegreen1.jpg

A couple of Isis:
Goobs2.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

The neighbor’s dog, Brady- he is a much smaller yellow lab:
IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

I'm going to post more PTR stuff today, too (I hope!)

So glad you were able to get rid of the rental car.

I think the pet photo gift is a really great idea for you mom!

So glad you were able to get rid of the rental car.

I think the pet photo gift is a really great idea for you mom!

Thanks!! I missed my car so much- I mean- I only drive a Hyundai Santa Fe (nothing fancy), but I missed being a little "higher up" so I could see more in front of me. I really have had great luck with this car- almost 200,000 miles & so far I have only had to get general maintenance done to it. (Knock on wood) Plus it is strange, but I am attached to the car, you know?

I love your itinerary cards, by the way! :love:

I know that MLK weekend is usually kind of crowded, but I don’t care! I realized that I went for that weekend in ’03, ’04, ’05, & ’06, but skipped the past 3 years. I have to get back in the habit of going in January!!! It is such a nice break to the 10 degree Massachusetts weather. In ’03, it was a balmy 30 degrees in Orlando a few nights!! :beach:

Day 2- Friday, January 15th- If I get up early enough, I will go for a run. If not, so be it. I have a breakfast at Whispering Canyon Café- this will be my first time dining here. I’m not exactly sure what I will do after breakfast- I will probably head to EPCOT & stay there for the PM EMH. I have a dinner ADR at Tutto Italia- this will be my first time there. I was looking at a menu online & I will have a very tough time deciding what the heck to order. I can literally browse WS all day long, so in that respect, it is a good thing I will be there solo. My EPCOT “must-do” list:
Soarin’
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Test Track
Shopping in World Showcase- I want to browse EVERY shop!
Try to find our “Leave a Legacy” tile from 2000
Stay for the entire EMH
Usually, my first ride is SSE & then I go to the Land to see if I can get a FP for Soarin’ & go to Living with the Land. The Seas with Nemo & Friends is next, followed by the Imagination pavilion. I may skip Universe of Energy & Mission Space, but I will definitely get to Test Track in the single rider line. I usually tour World Showcase from Mexico to Canada. I think I spend the most time in Mexico, Japan, and the UK, so I will try to spend more time in the pavilions that I usually go through quickly. During pm EMH, does anyone know what parts (if any) in World Showcase stay open?

I found my January 2005 photos…that was my first solo trip! As you can see, I made it there for rope drop that day- I can’t promise that will happen on this trip! :rolleyes1
100_4939.jpg

100_4940.jpg

100_4941.jpg

100_4955.jpg

Thanks!! I missed my car so much- I mean- I only drive a Hyundai Santa Fe (nothing fancy), but I missed being a little "higher up" so I could see more in front of me. I really have had great luck with this car- almost 200,000 miles & so far I have only had to get general maintenance done to it. (Knock on wood) Plus it is strange, but I am attached to the car, you know?

I love your itinerary cards, by the way! :love:

I totally get being attached to a car!!

Thanks on the itinerary cards.

I think your plans sound great. I want to say that WS stays open for the enitre PM EMH's. I think you can find out on wdwinfo.com somewhere. I think they have a list of the attractions that are open.

I think 1/2 the attraction of going in January for me is escaping the snow. I absolutely HATE IT! :headache:

I totally get being attached to a car!!

Thanks on the itinerary cards.

I think your plans sound great. I want to say that WS stays open for the enitre PM EMH's. I think you can find out on wdwinfo.com somewhere. I think they have a list of the attractions that are open.

I think 1/2 the attraction of going in January for me is escaping the snow. I absolutely HATE IT! :headache:

I’m with you on winter. I hatehatehate it!

Morning April,

My boss is going to see David Gray in Chicago this week. How was the concert?

The concert was great! I loved it. I was glad John reminded me to bring ear plugs. I mean you know David Gray is very mellow, but it was still VERY loud. It was great with the ear plugs, though! No ringing afterwards. :thumbsup2

I’m with you on winter. I hatehatehate it!

The concert was great! I loved it. I was glad John reminded me to bring ear plugs. I mean you know David Gray is very mellow, but it was still VERY loud. It was great with the ear plugs, though! No ringing afterwards. :thumbsup2

I'll have to remind my boss. He is sitting on the front row in the pit....Row AAA right in the middle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter