No more delivery

I have never order groceries to be delivered to the resort and I don't see myself doing this in the future so that part of the change doesn't affect me. So far we don't need ECV but I do rent strollers for my grandchildren. I know eventually they won't need strollers but for now they do. I think if Disney is going to put this kind of policy in place they should offer a similar service at a similar rate to accommodate their guests. Maybe we have become spoiled by being allowed to have these items delivered to our resort so they are there upon our arrival but that isn't our fault. Disney has created there own monster and now they want to take something else of value away from their guests. This isn't acceptable but I guess they figure they have a captive audience...In the past we have brought strollers on the plane with us but seeing how the baggage handlers throw them around we no longer wish to have our personally owned strollers damaged. Not sure how this will all work out but I'm hoping Disney will figure out a way to arrive at a satisfactory solution for all. JMTCs

I wonder how much longer Uber will be around with the changes in the laws in California, plus the big loss they had in the third quarter. Big loss.

This is a very basic service that any decent hotel offers (even in high volume tourist places). So many people rent strollers and wheelchairs not because they want to, but because they have to. It’s going to inconvenience many. I may ship a cheap stroller via amazon if I can’t take ours (very hard to handle car seat and stroller esp if I am alone) instead of trying to meet a vendor.

I heard from a CM it is because they have hd a lot of instances of rental companies supplying goods that were not fit for purpose (broken wheels etc) and the bell services don't want to be dealing with that. Also with the increase in scooter use they just don't have the space. Seems reasonable to me.
I heard from a CM it is because they have hd a lot of instances of rental companies supplying goods that were not fit for purpose (broken wheels etc) and the bell services don't want to be dealing with that. Also with the increase in scooter use they just don't have the space. Seems reasonable to me.

Probably. They should offer stroller rentals at all resorts or a few larger resorts. That would help tremendously.

Walking to a room In Kidani is very hard for a friend who is coming in December. I have asked her to rent her scooter now, before Oct 1, so the scooter can be there when she gets there.

I have written to WDW guest relations. Some people need access to an ECV right away!

Walking to a room In Kidani is very hard for a friend who is coming in December. I have asked her to rent her scooter now, before Oct 1, so the scooter can be there when she gets there.

I have written to WDW guest relations. Some people need access to an ECV right away!

Good for you for writing that letter! I just looked up the address for WDW guest relations for others who feel strongly about this and wish to let Disney know. bobbiwoz please confirm if the address I have supplied match up to the address used by you, if not please supply the address you used. I plan on writing a letter. I'm going to call DVC member services to get and address from them as well.

Contact Addresses for WDW Officials. Walt Disney World Guest Relations P.O. Box 10000 Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

My home resort is BWV and the address is: Walt Disney World Guest Communications P.O. Box 10,040 Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040.

I can see how storing many bundles of groceries and having to refrigerate some could be a real problem but strollers are fairly small when they are collapsed and ECVs are in a whole other catorgagory. Again I hope Disney rethinks this new policy.

So far, I'm hearing only mobility companies are affected. Grocery deliveries, not. Likely because most grocery deliveries are going into units with full kitchens, and that is only the DVC 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units. Likely, what is really happening, Disney had issues with scooter and wheelchair companies or guests claiming they left equipment with bell services, when they did not. Besides, the resorts charge $6 for grocery delivery already, unless you are there to meet the driver and tote your own groceries. Plus the amount of room it takes to store mobility equipment in bell services areas has to be large, and they maybe running out of room for regular luggage storage. Why would they want to interrupt that supplemental revenue stream of $6? Now, if the mobility companies were willing to pay a fee for each item they deliver to Disney to build a specific storage area, and for an employee to man it 24/7, then the issue would probably go away. For instance, if you aren't there to meet the delivery driver, there is a $10 charge. and a $10 charge to drop it off for pickup by the mobility company.

Okay, so one Stroller Company reported this to one website and the boards and Facebook have gone insane.

WHAT DOES DISNEY SAY? WHAT TO OTHER "DISNEY PREFERRED PROVIDORS SAY?

I have seen nothing in their press releases. When they changed the size of carriages it was all over the place. They way I read it is deliveries. What does that mean?

Granted they are leaving equipment worth over a thousand dollars with a third party and playing "he sad - she said" with it."

Disney is one of the few companies I know of, that are becoming LESS wheelchair friendly and I know what I'm talking about (I'm in a wheelchair and am an annual passholder). This, if true, certainly wouldn't surprise me.

But what is Disney's Version. Haven't seen anything from them

Okay, so one Stroller Company reported this to one website and the boards and Facebook have gone insane.

WHAT DOES DISNEY SAY? WHAT TO OTHER "DISNEY PREFERRED PROVIDORS SAY?

I have seen nothing in their press releases. When they changed the size of carriages it was all over the place. They way I read it is deliveries. What does that mean?

Granted they are leaving equipment worth over a thousand dollars with a third party and playing "he sad - she said" with it."

Disney is one of the few companies I know of, that are becoming LESS wheelchair friendly and I know what I'm talking about (I'm in a wheelchair and am an annual passholder). This, if true, certainly wouldn't surprise me.

But what is Disney's Version. Haven't seen anything from them
Multiple companies, ECV & wheelchair rentals and stroller rentals, have confirmed with their customers that there is a policy change effective October 1, 2019. Anyone who made a reservation with a company that is currently a “featured provider” (the only ones authorized to drop off equipment to bell services right now) prior to Oct. 1 will be grandfathered in. Disney is expected to make their official announcement on that day, as well as announcing the name of a company that will be the only one permitted to drop off/pick up from bell services going forward.

So now we have to sit around a wait in the lobby for the scooter co to deliver. If I could walk with out it I would go to my room. Not a great change.

Michael, Do you think we can still use the featured vendors and have the scooter waiting for us when we arrive?
Kingdom Strollers says it is going to scheduled deliveries six times a day so likely they will give you a specific time to be there.

Again, who said? I am quite involved with the Disabled park-going community (through two , let's just say, on-line groups) and have heard nothing about this. I've only been able to find the one stroller company and the one website who are reporting this. All other posts return you to these. (Kenny has been wrong before.)

Companies pay money to be "Disney Preferred Providers" so I can't see Disney limiting this to one. And so far the only restriction is, someone must meet them.

I have contacted Disney and am awaiting a reply.

I've also asked them how this will effect "door deliveries" like at Fort Wilderness Campground.

So when I know something I'll pass it on.
Seriously, thanks for your reply.

Again, who said? I am quite involved with the Disabled park-going community (through two , let's just say, on-line groups) and have heard nothing about this. I've only been able to find the one stroller company and the one website who are reporting this. All other posts return you to these. (Kenny has been wrong before.)

Companies pay money to be "Disney Preferred Providers" so I can't see Disney limiting this to one. And so far the only restriction is, someone must meet them.

I've also asked them how this will effect "door deliveries" like at Fort Wilderness Campground.

Okay. You seem to have the inside story. Let us know what you find out.

Hi, I heard this yesterday from WDWNT.co. After reading the article that said strollers and ECVs deliveries will no longer be allowed I called Magic Strollers who is part of Owners Lockers and the company I used to rent a stroller for our upcoming trip to WDW. I spoke to John the owner who confirmed that it is true beginning 10/1/19 strollers and ECVs have to be delivered directly to the renter, they can no longer leave these items at the resort for a later pick up by the guest. If you made your reservation prior to 10/1/19 you are ok but after that date you have to be present to received the rented item.

This is two sources confirming this information. After speaking with John of Owners Locker I called WDW @ 1-407-939-5277, the person I spoke with was not able to confirm this new policy probably because no official word has been issued by Disney at this time. I'm guessing that's because they know there will be blow back and that's probably why you can't find anything. This is similar to this past December when the hours of operation for the boats in Epcot area was changed due to the new skyliner, guests weren't notified of this change by Disney until much later. Poor behavior on the part of Disney IMHO.

Here is one link from these boards, I know there was a whole discussion on the DVC links just can't find it...

International a Gateway to close 11/27 to 12/17? Do a search using this title and you will see a list of posts about this issue. Disney didn't notify their guests until it was too late to make changes but guest staying at Swan and Dolphin where notified much earlier...It wouldn't be the first time that Disney didn't put out official word about a change until the last minute...Just sayin...

Check out this link.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/09/update-wa...strollers-or-mobility-aids-for-resort-guests/

I spoke to one of the "Disney Preferred Providers" yesterday and they are no longer under contract with Disney.

One question I have would be in regards to these companies abilities to enter the park to exchange faulty equipment. As an ecv user myself, I have had to do this twice out of my last 7 or 8 trips. It’s not feasible for a person who needs the use of a mobility device to have to bring it to a park exit without the use of it. So I really hope that part won’t be changing.

So it appears that a company called Scooter Bug is being named the exclusive provider for third-party mobility devices for ECVs. Appears Disney only wants to work with certain companies. Hopefully they will come to a company they will work with for strollers. I also hope that the companies Disney chooses to work with will give fair pricing on their equipment, no more competition unless you pickup equipment outside of the park or meet company at time of delivery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter