No more H&V; where to go for lunch at MGM?

Svenson

Mouseketeer
I just found out that our Priority Seating booked weeks ago at Hollywood & Vine for lunch on May 11th (Mother's Day!) is useless. Any suggestions for lunch with a 2-year-old and 4-year-old at MGM? Anybody hear of any new plans for character meals at MGM? Thanks!

Since H&V's only just will be closing for B&L next week, no one has really heard if anything else is in the pipeline for character meals.

For a 2 and 4 year old, I'd guess Pizza Planet would be a good substitute. Lots of Toy Story stuff around that should still be fun for them to look at...plus I don't know a kid who will turn down pizza so at least you won't have to wonder if they will eat the food there or not.

Not a lot of kid friendly restraurants left at MGM, other than fast food. Most likely the 50s PT, but with H&V closed for lunch (why do I feel like dinner closure is soon to follow), sounds like PS may be a must for my May trip now.

50's Primetime & Sci-Fi Theater are good places to dine. If dining with characters is a must, why not have a light lunch and then do dinner at the 1900 Park Fare or the Garden Grill?

I would definitely suggest 50's Primetime. The food is similar to that found on the buffet at Hollywood and Vine... good home cooked food! The wait staff is SO much FUN! MY DD loves going there and setting up her Daddy to be reprimanded by "Mom". She always tells him to keep his hat on, to put his elbows on the table, etc... and laughs so hard when they "punish" him! We really have a blast eating there... and is now one of our "NOT TO BE MISSED" restaurants!

Only go to 50s primetime if you think your kids can handle it. Mine would feel so embarrassed and it wouldn't surprise me if DD burst into tears if she got a CM who was really in character. DS on the other hand would give out as good as he gets.

I would think a 2yo and 4yo would not get much enjoyment out of this.

Someone's suggestion of a light lunch followed by a Character dinner does sound like it would work if your primary concern is eating with characters.

We moved to Sci-Fi. My kids do not want to get picked on.

If you have some time...take a boat ride to the Dolphin and eat in the Dolphin Fountain, or the Beach Club and eat in Beaches and Cream, or go to the Boardwalk and check out the many eateries.

It's the boat which goes to the resorts - MGM, thenSwan/Dolphin, Beach Club, Yatch Club, Boardwalk, and then EPCOT.

Your kids may like the boat ride too :)

Please explain to your kids what they will be seeing at the SciFi. It's pretty "cheesy" stuff for us, but for a 2 and 4 yo, they might be frightened by a few of the brief trailers.

I can remember having nightmares as a small child from watching a movie with Charlton Heston that ants crawled on people in a jungle and ate them so that only bones were left. I'd probably laugh at something like that now, it would seem so tame, but to small eyes, that was major.

And prior to being seated, ask the hostess if everything on the menu is available. When we were there this summer, as we were leaving the soda machines broke and you couldn't order pop. Just to be on the safe side, I've learned to ask.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I second Pooh2001's suggestion - leaving MGM and heading over to Beaches and Cream. My children (14, 12, 9, 9) have enjoyed doing this on our past 3 trips.

Thank you for all your suggestions. We got a call from Disney dining, who had rebooked us for Sci-Fi. Strange choice, I thought, with ages 2 and 4 on our reservation. Is it even possible to use high chairs and booster chairs in those cars? (I've never been there, only seen pictures.) Looks like a difficult place to handle little ones, not to mention scarey. I may end up cancelling that PS.

I like the boat ride idea -- might provide some needed wind-down time. Thanks for your help!!

I would pick Mama Melrose. It is kid friendly and has great food. No one will be picked on and you won't have to worry about them being scared. No characters though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!