NO MORE lap dances for EROS

E

EROS

LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AP) -- Exotic dancers and strip club supporters are up in arms over a new ordinance restricting lap dance gyrations and barring customers from stuffing bills in G-strings at clubs outside Sin City.

"It's the image of Vegas," strip club customer Tony Anziano, 25, said Wednesday before the Clark County Commission voted 5-1 to adopt lap dance restrictions. "Now they're trying to make it like it's some sort of Disneyland."

Lap dances are illegal in Clark County, but the law is so vague that it's rarely enforced in the clubs in the county outside Las Vegas.

Things are looser in Las Vegas itself. Lap dances are permitted in six clubs in the city, and tips may be slipped into G-strings -- though fondling is off-limits. The new county rules will not apply within Las Vegas.

An 18-month undercover police investigation had found lap dancing led to simulated sex acts, "excessive grinding" and, in some cases, prostitution. County Commissioner Yvonne Atkinson Gates wanted to change that, so she proposed banning dancers and customers from touching each other's buttocks, genitals or breasts during lap dances.

As of September 1, lap dances will be legal, but dancers won't be able to touch or sit on the customer's genital area. They are allowed to touch and dance on a customer's legs. Stuffing dollar bills in G-strings will be prohibited. :(:(:(

Most people attending the commission's meeting were displeased with the new rules.

"You're confusing sex with titillation," Dr. Jeffrey Arenswald told the commission. "You have some repressed sexual ideas."

"I'm not doing this because of my sexual anything," Gates said. "I'm doing this because I think it's right."

Commission members viewed two surveillance tapes of undercover activity at strip clubs before voting. The public watched the racy videos, too, in a separate room.

I'm a bit confused by this.

Isn't prostitution legal in Nevada? Why is that O.K., but not lap dances?

JANICE, your point is well taken;) ;) ;) . However, lap dance establishments are NOT licensed in Nevada as brothels.

My (purely theoretical:) ) argument would be that lap dancing is a form of "safe sex" as opposed to legalized prostitution;) ;) ;) .......

NO MORE lap dances for EROS ..well I am sure you won't even miss them;)

Originally posted by trayletha

:confused: It is ???? - Really I did not grow up under a rock, but I did not know that.

It is legal in Nevada but not in Clark COunty (where Vegas is) Most clubs will send out limos for their Vegas Customers though.

Trayletha, there are several state regulated/inspected brothels, but street prostitution is still prosecuted. Of course,my own knowledge of such affairs is purely theoretical, though I did get to Mustang Ranch with a group of fraternity brothers years ago. I only "looked" at the merchandise:p :p :p :p ...........EROS would never "pay" for loving;) ;) ;) ......

EROS, If you have to PAY it isn't loving....It's only mechanics!

Eros, you can always visit the Golden Banana, is that place still open? ;)

Originally posted by Blondie
Eros, you can always visit the Golden Banana, is that place still open? ;)

Blondi, not that I have ever been there but don't they have MALE dancers there for the most part? LOL

Originally posted by trayletha

:confused: It is ???? - Really I did not grow up under a rock, but I did not know that.
Yup. It's not called "Sin City" for nothing.

It seems like there would be more pressing crimes they'd need to inforce, no? Seems like when a city says they're gonna get tough on crime & the extent of that means they'll issue speeding tickets to anyone going 6 miles over the speed limit :rolleyes:

My question is are they going to arrest people in the local dance clubs that are essentially doing the same "dance" moves?

BEAUTY, you Mississippi belle you, you DON'T need the Golden Banana, you DO need THE FULL MONTY ;) ........

fm_sneakpic.gif

Blondi, not that I have ever been there but don't they have MALE dancers there for the most part? LOL

Really?

I was under the impression it had dancers of the female gender!

Maybe it has changed "hands" so to speak since I lived up that way???:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter