No more shenanigans at Whispering Canyon Café!

Its off the list now - especially as it is challenging to get there when you always stay at the Boardwalk. We'd take a boat from the MK - but that was awfully slow traveling.......

Actually, if you went to the Studios and took the Wilderness Lodge bus from there, you’d be spared the boat ride from MK—but you would still need to ride a boat to the Studios unless you walk.

On a different note, we found the skillet not very good this time around. I have felt it's been declining for a while now, but my teen boys still liked it, not so much this time. And my son's GF was super bummed that they no longer have the meatloaf. She ordered it last summer when we had a meal there, but according to our server they redid the menu about a week ago.

The skillet has always been inconsistent, and I would guess that has as much to do with the restaurant underperforming as anything else. If that skillet was consistently good, I think the WCC would be far more popular.

About the meatloaf—my husband tried to order that at least twice when we dined there, and the waiter talked him out of it. Different waiters and the trips were a few years apart. We have no idea if the meatloaf was that bad because we didn’t dare order it, but as small as Disney menus are, everything should be decent.

And a comment of my own—in 2010 when we went there, most of us ordered the S’mores cheesecake. I read raves about it here and ordered it for that reason. The people in my group loved it.

When we went back in 2012, it was gone from the menu. Why? It was so popular and seemed like the easiest thing in the world to make: Graham cracker crust with vanilla cheesecake filling, topped with fudge and mini marshmallows. It fit the theme, and I would speculate that they lost return business based on inconsistency of the food quality and the loss of the S’mores cheesecake.

Lastly, I stayed in a 4th floor room directly above the WCC in 2012, and I didn’t hear a peep out of it. I thought it might be noisy, but it was not at all.

Went tonight with my daughter, they were very reluctant to help us with the ketchup request asked us to yell, problem was the ketchup was way on the other side of the hall, eventually we walked up and got it ourselves. It just doesn't work the same way anymore and was pretty disappointed. I really can't recommend the place any more.

To those asking if the antics are still there or not, the answer is mostly not, since now they make you do them instead of the staff participating, and it lacks the charm it once had but its still fun.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter