No More "Structures" at Halloween ?

Fundytrail

Our 1988 Ticket
Did anyone hear the rumor "structures" will not be allowed at camp sites this Halloween?

Yes, that is what the news is on a few of the FB groups. No large structures that have to be "constructed". Blow up are ok. It is said that those of us that have reservations for Halloween will be getting an email with the new policy and guidelines. Will let you all know.

It was reported here that the Haunted House that annually in the past is put up in 1600 across three sites was supposedly told they couldn't do it for 2019. May be related.

Bama Ed

PS - see post #75 in the October 2019 Trip Report thread. https://www.disboards.com/threads/october-trip-reports-w-activity-calendar.3762205/page-4

Wow - that's really too bad. Some of those set-ups were remarkable and really added to the environment. I wonder if they are running into issues with 'constructed' items not being built to code.

Wow - that's really too bad. Some of those set-ups were remarkable and really added to the environment. I wonder if they are running into issues with 'constructed' items not being built to code.

When we were there in October the last time the CM I talked to about it said that they were concerned about the traffic buildup in the loop, as well as the traffic on the main road behind the site backing up as well. Campers in the loop, while impressed, were complaining about not being able to get out or around due to the backed up traffic. At that time it was just a complaint they were getting regularly, not sure if that was the final reason or not, but I could see where it could cause problems for others.

When we were there in October the last time the CM I talked to about it said that they were concerned about the traffic buildup in the loop, as well as the traffic on the main road behind the site backing up as well. Campers in the loop, while impressed, were complaining about not being able to get out or around due to the backed up traffic. At that time it was just a complaint they were getting regularly, not sure if that was the final reason or not, but I could see where it could cause problems for others.

Hmmm, interesting. That's too bad. I understand the back-ups that could take place - but we sure enjoyed the sites!

When do campers decorate for halloween? We are looking at camping and the end of august- is that too early?

MNSSHP starts in August now (last 2 years)... sounds like it’s not too early!

Some folks did not get the word. A guy has been building a giant structure in the 700 loop all afternoon. Several trailers full of large wood sections. Hope it is done tomorrow, will get pictures. 1200 and 1300 loops seem to gave the best stuff so far. Decorated carts everywhere.

Some folks did not get the word. A guy has been building a giant structure in the 700 loop all afternoon. Several trailers full of large wood sections. Hope it is done tomorrow, will get pictures. 1200 and 1300 loops seem to gave the best stuff so far. Decorated carts everywhere.

Waiting to see it completed
And what they do with the full size coffin.

They brought in a 24 ft. Uhaul and unloaded yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter