No more Swaps for Me

Ohana 4

DIS Veteran
If I try to join any more swaps this summer, someone stop me please! I think I'm in 7 or 8 right now. One of these days I'll lose my mind in scrap materials!

:joker:

:crazy:

:stir:

Ohana 4 said:
If I try to join any more swaps this summer, someone stop me please! I think I'm in 7 or 8 right now. One of these days I'll lose my mind in scrap materials!

:joker:

:crazy:

:stir:
I hear ya!! I've decided that come Nov/Dec..there is absolutely no way... With Thanksgiving/Christmas/school...whew! I have to get all my swapping done this summer because I can only imagine the chaos when school resumes (all 5 in school this year; and all 5 play sports). I guess I don't really need to complain.. I have my scrap area next to my laundry room :laundy: where I spend most of my time anyway!! I at least can find some peace and quiet down there and work to the hum of my dryer! :rotfl:

Ok add me to the crazy swapper list. I have four out that I've finished and I have nine more to do. And to top it off I move into my first hosue next week. I must be a crazy lady but the work by everyone is so good and I love getting all the goodies in the mail.

I am with you on this one. This will be "Summer of Swaps" for me. On the plus side, I have just converted my den into an official scrapping room. On the minus side, I am so busy working on the swaps that I don't have time to reload the room and organize it the way I want to so my stuff is spread out over 3 rooms right now! My DH keeps "saying" he'll help me bring all the stuff back into the room (we had to empty it because we re-did the floors) but I can't get him to actually do it. Maybe if my paper and stickers and scissors start infringing on his personal space he'll actually be motivated to help me out!

*stands up*
*looks around the room*

"Hi, My name is Kat. I am addicted to scrapbook swaps"

I agree, I am in so many swaps. My husband looked at me last night and said "Another one?" I have 8 swaps & a monthly circle journal that I am working on and several have several groups. I am also waiting for 3 to be returned. These are so addicting!

"Once you swap, you can not stop"
"betcha can't just do one"

I have enough to keep me busy for some time. Although I am trying to get everything done before July 4th.

I hear you on the space. I was used to having a huge area to scrap, not anymore. Right now I have several swaps spread out on my kitchen table and my coffee table in the living room as well as a table next to my desk.

Kat!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You are so funny! I feel the same way! I think I'm going to take a moment today to actually figure out exactly how many swaps I'm in and when each is due. I think my earliest due date is late July, but still....
I'm still currently trying to encourage all my previous swap participants to send their elements that were due June 9! :teeth: So I could get them all sent out and have one less pile in my house. :rotfl:

*arms secured in a straight jacket*

legs flying in the air, screaming " Just one more! Just one More" :crazy:

yup that is gonna be me if I sign up for anymore..lol..

(disclaimer and fine print: I reserve the right to edit my crazy-ness if a really really good swap comes up.. :rolleyes1 lol)

I finally had to put the brakes on. I did seriously consider signing up for Kat's ABC swap, but I had to just say no!

I've got one on another board (and waiting to get one back). That one is done.

Then over here I've got 9 swaps, most with 3 groups, making multiple elements per group.

So far I've been able to keep up with them, but I'm finding it harder and harder to come up with ideas, so I guess that means I am getting burned out a bit. Or to get my ideas out of my head so they look good.

I still have to finish one of KAMommy's Disney Couples, 2 of my 4 groups for Kat's Disney General swap, and then the Rare Character swap 3 groups. I also have to buy eyelets/brads for my group in the Resort swap. I had ordered some, but when my order came they were marked as sold out, so now I have to figure something else out. (GRRR)

But that Holiday one coming up is tempting, but I'm also going to WDW in September, and I don't want to be too swapped out to enjoy that!

KatDisney said:
*arms secured in a straight jacket*

legs flying in the air, screaming " Just one more! Just one More" :crazy:

yup that is gonna be me if I sign up for anymore..lol..

(disclaimer and fine print: I reserve the right to edit my crazy-ness if a really really good swap comes up.. :rolleyes1 lol)

:lmao:
Isn't that the truth!!! I got some inspiration today and my one element is coming out great..so I'm not so frustrated with that swap any more!! Yeah!!!

KatDisney said:
*stands up*
*looks around the room*

"Hi, My name is Kat. I am addicted to scrapbook swaps"

*sitting in the circle with the rest of the swapaholics*

"Hi Kat!"

I'm right there with you on this one. They are addicting. After I finish the ones I'm in now, I'm going to actually USE the things I've been collecting!

Well, unless a really good one comes along..... :3dglasses

*getting ready for the cookies and looking over the CM catalog at the end of the meeting* :lmao:

ddavis860 said:

"Hi Kat!"

I'm right there with you on this one. They are addicting. After I finish the ones I'm in now, I'm going to actually USE the things I've been collecting!

*getting ready for the cookies and looking over the CM catalog at the end of the meeting* :lmao:

Oh to USE the stuff!! I keep putting off starting my album from our June trip, thinking, "Oh, I'll just do this swap, and when I get the stuff back, I'll use it!" Then, I find another swap!

Nancy, I'm like you--I have decided Nov./Dec. are "cannot swap" months!

I love our swaps, though! They are so much fun! You know that even though we are all swap :crazy: , you have to get in on the Holiday Swap on Saturday!

*Brooke, as evil pot-stirrer, draws the helpless victims further into addiction* :rotfl:

ddavis860 said:

"Hi Kat!"

:rotfl: :rotfl2: you all have me laughing so hard right now!

This thread has been the highlight of my *scrappy* day

*scoots her chair closer to ddavis*

*oogles the catalog*

*fights the force that is calling her checkbook*

Good grief! we are supposed to USE the stuff we get back, who would have ever thought of that!

KatDisney said:
Good grief! we are supposed to USE the stuff we get back, who would have ever thought of that!

We could have a thread that shows the swap stuff in a LO. Maybe get a sticky at the beginning of the swap board...

"USING YOUR SWAP STUFF!!!"

Actually, I have mine all in a box, and I like to take it out and look at everything. I love to see how creative everyone is. And when that mailer comes...well, it's like CHRISTMAS!! :santa:

Anyway, I know I'm always wanting to use stuff on the "perfect page" and I end up looking at the things I really like, and then not using them. You know, like the "good towels" that you use when guests come?

I would love to see how everyone is using the swaps...maybe it would help me get mine out of the box :confused3

Interestingly enough, I asked about that not too long ago... Here is the link. You can tell most people were stumped by this thread. :rotfl2:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1128862

I think a sticky would be lovely to show all our hard work. Maybe a help line for "How to use your swap stuff."

Or an instruction manual at the least :crazy:

Ohana 4 said:
Interestingly enough, I asked about that not too long ago... Here is the link. You can tell most people were stumped by this thread. :rotfl2:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1128862

I think a sticky would be lovely to show all our hard work. Maybe a help line for "How to use your swap stuff."

Or an instruction manual at the least :crazy:

Then I second your idea. I would love to see the swaps posted. It would be GREAT!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter