• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more water play areas at MK

Ali

Resorts are my favorite part of the vacation
Just got back from the World and we are very dissapointed to find out that Donald's Boat and Ariels Grotto will not be water play areas any more. Donalds boat is the soft playground material like in the play area nearby, but it is not under cover so it is hot. I can't believe Disney took away one of the few things a little kid could do to cool off. My son is 4 months old and he won't eat a popsicle, won't drink anything cold yet, and it is darn near impossible to get him cooled off in the summer.

On a side note, we went to the fountains at the Disney Marketplace and my baby got nailed in the face by a surprise stream of water when he ventured out onto the water area - he was not a happy camper but we couldn't stop laughing!! It was so unexpectedly hard that it almost knocked him over and he was so mad! We didn't even get a picture, but I don't think anyone there will forget the sight of it.

I'm hoping you meant your DS is 14 months old?

That is a shame about the fountains being turned off though. Wonder what happend?

Wow! I must be bad luck or something! All of my favorite things are steadily being taken away from WDW. First, the sno-cones at Scuttle's Landing, now this! My kids & I used to spend a half day EASILY playing in these places. What a hoot! It was always fun to watch the other kids as well when they got *surprised* by water shots! LOL

These water areas have been off for a while due to drought conditions. The weather patterns in Florida seem to be hinting that the drought may be breaking, but the rainy season is just starting so we'll have to wait and see. Plus, I think Donald's boat is under rehab, which is another reason it's all shut off.

As a consolation, most of the Epcot water play areas are working. We were there in May and my 21 month old DS had a blast at the fountain near TT (which made for an easy baby swap for me and DW - he played in the fountain while we rode TT - no wait in the single rider line!).

We were there in May and found some "tiki logs" over by the Jungle Cruise that were squirting water. Great place for the kids to cool off, but we also missed the grotto and Donald's boat.

Do a rain dance! The drought conditions in the southeast have existed for a couple of years at least. We still can't use a garden hose or water our yards between 5am and 10pm. We miss the fountain play areas too. My kids are growing up without the joy of running through the backyard sprinkler. :(

Am I the only one who is glad that these areas aren't on?? Nothing worse the wet kids who then complain that they are wet.

We were at WDW in April, both Ariels and Donalds were closed at MK. But Epcot had lots of WET FUN! My kids had a blast there! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter