No new amaryllis buds!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
I've been keeping amaryllis plants for years and last year was the first that I had no buds from old plants. Now, this year I just checked my dormant plants and no new buds have sprouted there either.

I also would like some information on my clivia plant that has not bloomed for a few years now. I've given it a dry spell, I've potted it in an orchid medium a few years ago when someone here recommended that, but still nothing. Does anyone have some ideas about these things?

Thanks.
Bobbi:goodvibes

Sorry no help here, but bumping it up in hopes that someone can help you.

Are you up for a flower/garden exchange in a couple of months? If so, when would be good for you?:flower3:

Sorry no help here, but bumping it up in hopes that someone can help you.

Are you up for a flower/garden exchange in a couple of months? If so, when would be good for you?:flower3:

Sure. Whenever it's convenient. Last year I got lots of gladioli, I wonder if they will bloom again. Sometimes it gets too cold here, but I do have some that have been in the ground for about 5 years, and they come up again.

I think the amaryllis bulbs may just be too old.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I had checked the stores here, and I found just one store that has bulbs. Of course we can also send seeds, and other gardening things.

Shall we hold the exchange now on the gardening board Bobbi, and see if anyone else is interested?

I had checked the stores here, and I found just one store that has bulbs. Of course we can also send seeds, and other gardening things.

Shall we hold the exchange now on the gardening board Bobbi, and see if anyone else is interested?

I've just had a toe operation, so I'm staying away from stores for a few weeks, and then my driving will be limited because my right foot is involved. I know I'm anxious to get some gardening done, but I think the beginning of February may be the time to get things started. :goodvibes

I've just had a toe operation, so I'm staying away from stores for a few weeks, and then my driving will be limited because my right foot is involved. I know I'm anxious to get some gardening done, but I think the beginning of February may be the time to get things started. :goodvibes

:( take care. If you want, you can send me your info. now and I will have it for the exchange when I open it.

Take care!

I got home from my spring break cruise, and I now have 2 of my older amaryllis with flower buds. I'm so glad I didn't just throw them away!

Welcome back! Hope you had a fun time.

:cool1: woohoo for your bulbs. I need to plant some bulbs later today. After spending one hour replanting seedlings, and tending to those nasty weeds, my body needs a break.

Welcome back! Hope you had a fun time.

:cool1: woohoo for your bulbs. I need to plant some bulbs later today. After spending one hour replanting seedlings, and tending to those nasty weeds, my body needs a break.

Thank you, and yes, we had a fun time! We had never been to Grand Turk and the snorkeling was wonderful. Do you like to snorkel? For our 25th anniversary we took a cruise around the Hawaiian islands with our 2 sons and we went snorkeling at Kealakekua Bay, Big Island. The cruise line we went on is no longer around, but I was so glad we did the cruise when we did. It was our first family cruise ever.

We have huge snowflakes coming down now. I hope the hyacinths make it through the night, they have just begun to open and haven't reached full fragrance yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter