No One Loses Weight Like Gaston - November 2015 W.I.S.H Challenge

Still stuck at the same weight as pre trip. So down 1.5/4 for the month, which is 37.5%.

I blame post vacation/race recovery tiredness, which led to lack of exercise and some poor eating choices. This is a tough week to turn things around, but I'm determined!

Today has been insanely busy with school project work and trying to still recover from a sinus infection. Our Disneyland trip for this evening got bumped to either tomorrow or Tuesday. I love extended park hours - allows for us to walk more and check out the holiday decorations. We haven't really been much this month because of school.

I think I have most of the weight-loss totals updated. But I am on cold meds so clearly I may still screw this up!

Please remember to post your progress!!!

Late checking in -

Weighed in at 144.2 this week (finally, some movement)!

I know it's not anywhere near where I wanted, but I'm remembering that any progress is progress.

So that's 1.4 lb down and 47% or so of my goal. We'll see what happens over Thanksgiving, but woo!

Morning all! Working today, but at least I have some computer access! Kids go to computers at 9:15, so I'll be able to pop on and catch up at that time! Hope you all had a great weekend!.............P

Weighed in yesterday, but forgot to check in! I'm now at 2.5 pounds lost (ugh) which is 50% of my goal. Doesn't look like I'm going to finish this month at my goal, but at least I'm losing something, right?

This meeting was an eye-opener -- counting all the points of a typical Thanksgiving meal and then modifying the meal - decreasing portion sizes, no cranberry sauce, baked sweet pot instead of candied sweet,etc) Even with the modifications, the meal came to 33 points! Now, that did include dessert -- but no wine or biscuits.

Wow! That puts things in perspective for sure! I've been tasked with making a veggie platter for the big day so I plan to make it large and full of things I like to eat. And then pack my will power to stay away from the dressing!

I'll gladly eat veggies and a little turkey to save calories for wine... especially at an all in-law holiday! :rotfl:

Doesn't look like I'm going to finish this month at my goal, but at least I'm losing something, right?

Exactly!! That's the way I look at it! And if you continue that way, you will end 2015 weighing less than at the start of 2015. In my book that counts as success!

---

Happy Monday everyone!

I am once again in a funk. The weekend at my aunt was not good for my eating. Why can't I show more moderation in these circumstances? I go in with the best intentions and then just forget about them. Well, not totally. I think I stuffed myself a bit less than I did the previous years. But I am still up two pounds this morning. And I am struggling with getting back into the program. ARG!

Weekend QOTD:
Personally, I would prefer if Disney came up with more original stories for their rides instead of basing everything on films that are already out. Some of my alltime favourites are not Disney character rides (Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, Kilimanjaro Safari). But if it has to be from a Disney film, i have two ideas:
1) reviving the Wonders of Life Pavillion at Epcot with an Inside Out dark ride/rollercoaster hybrid through the brain.
2) a Up! themed flying ride in a new South American addition to AK. I think it should be a modern version of Peter Pan or Soarin or maybe even the ride system of Spiderman or Forbidden Journey. I guess I just want to travel in a version of the Up! house!

Well.... TWO attempts at posting replies here and the computer has had to do a "restart" in the middle of both attempts.... so I give up!! We have pathetic classroom/student computers here.... painfully slow and old! It is nuts that we expect these students to grow up in a world DOMINATED by computer usage, programming, etc, but we can't provide every classroom with a few decent working desktop PCs!!

Anyhow...... my eating went "off the rails" late Saturday night.... not sure where my brain went but I'm trying to put the guilt and self-loathing (and belly ache) behind me and move on and just hope for a maintain this week. I'll be weighing in on Thursday morning.

Since this reply has now officially taken up 30 minutes, I'll have to dash for now! Need to grab a cup of tea and hit the ladies room before getting my class! Probably won't have any other time to chat today.... so tty soon!................P

WO attempts at posting replies here and the computer has had to do a "restart" in the middle of both attempts.... so I give up!! We have pathetic classroom/student computers here.... painfully slow and old!

Do you see the little floppy disk symbol on the right end of the symbols of the top of the reply box? When you click on that, you get the option of "save draft" and if you choose that, even when the computer crashes inbetween, the DIS will save whatever you typed in your reply for you. It should actually do that automatically after some time. When you then return to the DIS and go to the reply box in that thread, you should the saved text in light grey. Once you activate the reply box by clicking in it, it will become black text and you can work with it like you did before. This is one of the best features of the new (now not so new anymore...) software!

Question of the Day - November 23
giphy.gif

A Strong Finish!
We've been following in Gaston's footsteps for the last 3 weeks. We've done our best to get biceps to spare. We've changed our eating habits to include 60 eggs and copious amounts of red meat. We've even changed our routines - I think someone out there may have tried expectorating! Suffice to say -- we're in our last week and now is the time to finish strong!

This is it folks. The big finish!
What will you do this week to maintain your momentum and not lose track?
For those in the USA, what will you do to prepare yourself for Thursday's holiday?
If you haven't seen the results you've been wanting... what will you do to change it this week to finish strong?

Only 50% of my goal.

I knew I would slow down after the first week but to only have the scale budge 1 pound is sad!
I blame Mr. Linzjane88. He is such a bad food influence on me. We were kidless on Saturday and what does he do? Brings me an overflowing plate of cheese, prosciutto, salami and a mixed drink.

We need a hobby other than cuddling and eating cheese.

giphy.gif

A Strong Finish!
We've been following in Gaston's footsteps for the last 3 weeks. We've done our best to get biceps to spare. We've changed our eating habits to include 60 eggs and copious amounts of red meat. We've even changed our routines - I think someone out there may have tried expectorating! Suffice to say -- we're in our last week and now is the time to finish strong!

For those in the USA, what will you do to prepare yourself for Thursday's holiday?
If you haven't seen the results you've been wanting... what will you do to change it this week to finish strong?

My goal for this week is to maintain my 100%, I don't want to get greedy! Of course this would be the week that I've come down with a cold. It was the worst yesterday so I didn't get the run in that I wanted. I'm taking another rest day today and then getting back into workout mode tomorrow! I plan on working out through the rest of the week and staying at points, no weeklies and no activities. I did bad on Saturday and ate lots of weekly points. I'm going to consider this week a win if I don't gain and if I track everything. Unfortunately for me, I have two thanksgivings and one of them is all italian food.

I'm going to continue my habits of this week, not eating dinner AND something on my way to work AND something at work, but picking only 2 of these. I will pack smart snacks for the end of this week, as I will be going from work to work to Thanksgiving lunch to work to work to work to work to work to work Wednesday-Sunday with sporadic naps in between. I have a feeling that regardless of what I eat Thursday, I will feel guilty after, so I'm just trying to minimize that guilt by making better selections. Also, working retail this weekend is guaranteed to keep me moving, so I won't feel so guilty about missing any scheduled active time.

Week 3 - Weigh In Results
giphy.gif

Great work this week! I know some participants have taken off for vacation.
If your numbers are incorrect, please let me know via PM so I can fix immediately.

@courtneybeth - 75%
@JacknSally - 100%
@DisPup75 - 0%
@flvy - 30%
@CruisingKate - 75%
@Flossbolna - 40%
@LindseyJo22 - 47%
@bigsis1970 - 25%
@pjlla - 0%
@ThistleMae - 0%
@summermom2 - 0%
@Lady Marie - 68%
@dvcmom14 - 50%
@DVCFan1994 - 37.5%
@mickeyfanachey1999 - 107%
@charlene130 - 0%
@meghammy - 102%
@ohMom - 0%
@talleyhopper - 0%
@Awholenewdisney - 20%
@MickeySP - 7%
@linzjane88 - 50%
@dsnyfn1022 - 100%

Question of the Day - November 24
giphy.gif

Obligatory "I AM THANKFUL FOR..." Reflection Question.
We're heading into Thanksgiving and many of us have already taken off on vacation -- which is why I'm asking this question a few days early. This time of year is for reflection and to remember all the things we've been blessed with. It is a time for "thanks" - or in Belle's case, backhanded compliments that Gaston's unfortunately too dumb to understand. (Not his fault - he just really likes her!)

What are some things that you're thankful for this year?
If you're not feeling thankful this year, what are some things that you'd like to politely tell to jump off a cliff?
Any other blessings (or curses) you'd like to share?

Cooking cooking cooking cooking studying cooking. I swear that some year I am going to tell the family that the dog, the cat, and I have rented a seaside cabin in an undisclosed location in Maine. And then I am going to enjoy the calm at that cabin while the rest of them figure out Thanksgiving on their own.

I should invite my DH to this magic cabin since I managed to forget to add the two (simple) things he requested we included in the Thanksgiving menu. Oops!

If you haven't seen the results you've been wanting... what will you do to change it this week to finish strong

This week I've been concentrating hard on a healthy breakfast, and healthy lunch, fruit filled snacks and moderate dinners. Thanksgiving Day isn't going to be so light but cooking keeps me on my feet and out of the snack bowls. Lexi and I will take an extra afternoon walk and the menu is pretty carefully planned to produce little to no leftovers. Woohoo!

Question of the Day - November 24
giphy.gif

Obligatory "I AM THANKFUL FOR..." Reflection Question.
We're heading into Thanksgiving and many of us have already taken off on vacation -- which is why I'm asking this question a few days early. This time of year is for reflection and to remember all the things we've been blessed with. It is a time for "thanks" - or in Belle's case, backhanded compliments that Gaston's unfortunately too dumb to understand. (Not his fault - he just really likes her!)

If you're not feeling thankful this year, what are some things that you'd like to politely tell to jump off a cliff?

I love the way you worded thus question! I love my family and my improved healthy. I'm thankful I made 20 pounds disappear. Im very to have the opportunity to start my job in a few weeks!

I'd like to tell my in-laws jump off a cliff. Unfortunately I just smile at them and offer mimosas in the morning because they are in my house. Complaining about my freshly ironed bedding and my failure to include ham and turkey.

I don't think I'm going to share where the good cinnamon rolls are.

Sorry I have been MIA on this thread. I have lost 7 pounds so far. I wanted to lose 10. But still have 6 days left in November. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I am trying to shake myself out of feeling sad about the world so I giving myself a week news fast.

It's 245 am right now and I'm awake preparing for my 180+10 for the May trip. The Google spreadsheet is ready to go and I am excited to get these reservations made. This is the one reason we've switched to staying on property -- waking up everyday at 230am to make reservations is harsh. Doing this once for a trip is okay .... well, you know what I mean. Early is still early. :flower1:

This year is filled with many blessings: I am thankful to my network of friends/family/classmates for encouraging me to get out of a toxic work environment. This lead me to making a career transition and losing 60 pounds this year! (WHAT?!) I've meet awesome people through these boards and challenged myself through running. I'm doing a Turkey Trot tomorrow (5K) -- who ever thought at the beginning of the year that I'd be doing 3, 5K races by the end of the year?! And to top it off I am less than 3 weeks from being done with the MBA program. AHHH! YES!

While my MBA program is winding down, I'd love to politely shove some classmates off the cliff for many reasons. Maybe some family members as well. But mostly it's been a great year!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter