No One Loses Weight Like Gaston - November 2015 W.I.S.H Challenge

So dining reservations were about... 90% successful. The only one I couldn't get us into was Victoria and Alberts - I am so bummed! Tried every darn day and was willing to arrange times for it. But - no dice.

Here's what we did manage to score - keep in mind we're staying at the Port Orleans in May.
Arrival day - Fulton's Crab House (Disney Springs) - Dinner. never been.
Day 2 - Nine Dragons (EPCOT) - Dinner. Had this 2 years ago; was pretty good.
Day 3 - Le Cellier Steakhouse - Dinner. This is a temporary placeholder for Victoria and Alberts. Hubs may change this.
Day 4 - T-Rex - Dinner. we've never been and it seems hilariously stupid.
Day 5 - Be our guest lunch; tea at grand floridian (late seating). Two old standards - do them every trip!
Day 6 - no ADR, just munching around the world at epcot before we leave for our magical depress bus ridehome.

Any others I should be considering? We've eaten at about 65% of the restaurants at WDW and want to leverage our tables in wonderland for new dining experiences (dinners only). We're doing this more as a "water parks and more" trip to hit the things we typically won't. Also Florida's weather is terrible in May and we'll probably be dying if we leave the hotel room LOL.

EDIT: It looks like Victoria and Albert's reservations can only be made by calling their special reservation number... at 6am PST. Off to sleep for two hours and to see if I can do this today or if I have to call back in two days from now. >:(

Last edited:
@courtneybeth I would look into some of the new option at Disney Springs, the Boathouse, Marimotos, The Edison (not sure if it will be open by May). Otherwise, my favourites are Flying Fish (might still be closed for renovation in May though), Boma and Jiko. last trip we tried Yak & Yeti for the first time and loved it as well as the Turf Club (Saratoga Springs), which was wonderful as well.

Hope you get your V&A ADR!!

Question of the Day - November 24
giphy.gif

Obligatory "I AM THANKFUL FOR..." Reflection Question.
We're heading into Thanksgiving and many of us have already taken off on vacation -- which is why I'm asking this question a few days early. This time of year is for reflection and to remember all the things we've been blessed with. It is a time for "thanks" - or in Belle's case, backhanded compliments that Gaston's unfortunately too dumb to understand. (Not his fault - he just really likes her!)

What are some things that you're thankful for this year?
If you're not feeling thankful this year, what are some things that you'd like to politely tell to jump off a cliff?
Any other blessings (or curses) you'd like to share?

I knew I was going to be faced with this question at some point this season. Good practice for the going around the table and saying what you're thankful for that I know is going to happen tomorrow. I am very thankful for my DH's family. DFIL is the one who gave me a job when I was miserable in my last job. And while not my dream industry (they sell painting and faux finishing stuff-- my majors in college were English and Theatre so there's not a whole lot doin' in those departments other than teaching), I am finding a somewhat artsy outlet in faux. Working for DFIL allows us a super flexible schedule for Disney and other travel and I am grateful that they made room for the first woman of the family to get involved!

Also super thankful that Thanksgiving is being held 45 min from Disney -- Osborne Lights woo hoo! :santa:

So dining reservations were about... 90% successful. The only one I couldn't get us into was Victoria and Alberts - I am so bummed! Tried every darn day and was willing to arrange times for it. But - no dice.

I was about to tell you you have to call when I read that you saw that. I hope were able to get that ressie! We got in in May this year with 180+10 without any problem so I am hopeful you will be able to as well. SOOOOO worth it!

Also, if you are steak people, I recommend Yachtsman. We loved Le Cellier until we found Yachtsman. Amazing service and food. It holds 2nd place for us (after V&A of course) to our WDW eating. But take that with a grain of salt since we haven't had California Grille which I have read is awesome. But I can't convince DH to go anywhere else special now that he is a serious relationship with Yachtsman.... rude.... Maybe for my birthday this year! haha!

I've got some catching up to do-- Jury duty yesterday threw off my groove so I'm off to read all I've missed! Have a wonderful Wednesday y'all!

giphy.gif

Obligatory "I AM THANKFUL FOR..." Reflection Question.
We're heading into Thanksgiving and many of us have already taken off on vacation -- which is why I'm asking this question a few days early. This time of year is for reflection and to remember all the things we've been blessed with. It is a time for "thanks" - or in Belle's case, backhanded compliments that Gaston's unfortunately too dumb to understand. (Not his fault - he just really likes her!)

If you're not feeling thankful this year, what are some things that you'd like to politely tell to jump off a cliff?

Let's see.......

I'm thankful that we are married! And I am no longer wedding planning! Hahaha. I'm thankful for my friends and my family and my health (however poor it may be currently because I'm overweight) and my new WISH forum friends and my sweet puppy and our little home and my incredible DH who I met 7 years ago tomorrow (Happy Thanksgiving indeed!) and our Disneymoon and his newfound Disney love and my talents and lots of things that I take for granted every day.

What can jump off a cliff? The "extra love" I carry around every day in the form of 50lbs, most around my stomach and thighs. Hahaha. And that's where I'm going to end my "jump off a cliff" list, because there are other things on it but I want to be positive this week. :rotfl:

Here's what we did manage to score - keep in mind we're staying at the Port Orleans in May.
Arrival day - Fulton's Crab House (Disney Springs) - Dinner. never been.
Day 2 - Nine Dragons (EPCOT) - Dinner. Had this 2 years ago; was pretty good.
Day 3 - Le Cellier Steakhouse - Dinner. This is a temporary placeholder for Victoria and Alberts. Hubs may change this.
Day 4 - T-Rex - Dinner. we've never been and it seems hilariously stupid.
Day 5 - Be our guest lunch; tea at grand floridian (late seating). Two old standards - do them every trip!
Day 6 - no ADR, just munching around the world at epcot before we leave for our magical depress bus ridehome.

Any others I should be considering? We've eaten at about 65% of the restaurants at WDW and want to leverage our tables in wonderland for new dining experiences (dinners only). We're doing this more as a "water parks and more" trip to hit the things we typically won't. Also Florida's weather is terrible in May and we'll probably be dying if we leave the hotel room LOL.

EDIT: It looks like Victoria and Albert's reservations can only be made by calling their special reservation number... at 6am PST. Off to sleep for two hours and to see if I can do this today or if I have to call back in two days from now. >:(

We LOVED Tusker House breakfast. It's a character meal but we so did not feel out of place only being two adults. Crystal Palace made us feel SO awkward only being the two of us with no kids - the character handlers acted like we didn't need to see the characters (um, hello, the food selection is not that great, why else did we pay that price?) so they rushed them by our table (we didn't even get to see Eeyore and we were going to ask to see him before we left but he went on a 15-minute break right as we finished our food and we wanted to get out into the park) and then they spent a TON of time with the tables around us because they had kids. Also, the food sucked. Tusker, on the other hand, was INCREDIBLE. Seriously, even if you don't go for the characters (honestly, we didn't - but we're super glad we did it!) the FOOD is INCREDIBLE. It's a great mix of themed foods and every day breakfast foods, so there's great choices for the adventurous and the non-adventurous alike.

Paradiso 37 at Disney Springs was SO good - but it's apparently a chain (we don't have any anywhere near us so we had never heard of it) so you might have one near you.

If you like sushi, the new restaurant in Disney Springs is supposed to be INCREDIBLE.

I'm also a big fan of Brown Derby and Sci-Fi Dine In at DHS.... :rolleyes1:teeth:

---------------------------------

So sorry for the lack of conversation this month. It's been a strange month here.

@pjlla - you had requested pictures a minute back of my hair and Christmas decor! I will post a hair picture tomorrow because I will actually take the time to blow dry and style it for Thanksgiving, lol, but here are a couple quick iPhone photos of my Christmas decor! I will be getting better camera pictures of everything this weekend.

12274410_10205454844919503_725503064142926409_n.jpg 12249639_10205454889000605_2711165027553979195_n.jpg 12274415_10205463088005575_235964922161592447_n.jpg

We are doing DH's family Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow, and I made a yummy autumn trifle to bring.. Trifles are kind of my thing, haha. I just think they're so pretty! Last Thanksgiving (or maybe it was the one before?) I made a s'mores trifle... Christmas was a red velvet trifle with Oreos and homemade peppermint white chocolate whipped cream. This Thanksgiving it's a homemade pumpkin pound cake, caramel, graham cracker, and homemade cinnamon whipped cream trifle... And it's pretty amazing. Even DH, who HATES pumpkin, ate two helpings of this last night, haha. So I'm excited to take that tomorrow. We also made up some mason jar versions for our neighbor who watched our house for us while we were in Disney. I'm going to Hobby Lobby tonight to get some Thanksgiving-themed fabric to cute up the jar lids.

12294803_10205464681285406_6450840244732297107_n.jpg 12247175_10205464649004599_8692534936680624922_n.jpg

I hope everyone is having an amazing Thanksgiving week! Anyone hitting any Black Friday sales? We are going to play tourist around town Friday and photograph some Christmas decorations so long as the rain holds off and maybe hit some Black Friday sales just to say that we did because we never have, haha. Anyone working on Christmas lists yet? I've been wanting a Silhouette Cameo for a long, long time, so I think that's what I'm going to tell DH I want, if we can swing it financially... And then I will (hopefully!) launch an Etsy shop for crafty creations! So fingers crossed we can make it all work out. I'm nervous to do an Etsy just because I'll be one of many sellers... but I've always wanted to do this, so! Hopefully it will allow me to work from home so I can generate some income while I try to land some photography work. Why oh why couldn't I have wanted to be a nurse or lawyer or something with more stability! Instead I was a theatre major and a visual arts minor hahaha. Anyway. For those of us who celebrate Christmas - what's on YOUR Christmas list this year?

Sharing this one with all of you Disney lovers! This is DH on his first Disney trip (and only Disney trip before our Disneymoon!) 23 years ago when he was just 5... on the right is DH from our trip last month. They've change the Oscar's logo in the last 23 years, LOL, but he was so excited to find something he remembered from that first trip. Does anyone else think he looked like Mark from Home Improvement when he was little? Haha. I keep telling him that but he doesn't see it.

12243285_10205459492995702_3499954179630269196_n.jpg

Last edited:
Grrr. The guests are all tucked in their beds, my house is finally quiet, and I'm going to confess my dirty little secret. I hate Thanksgiving. It is my least favorite holiday. I've spent the better part of the last two days cooking foods I don't like and won't eat. I'm tired and grumpy and ready to move on to the December holidays. 24 hours to go and it will be over. Yay!!! 36 hours and the house guests leave and the tree trimming boxes come out. Double yay!!!

I'm indulging in this mini rant know so I don't have it tomorrow afternoon when some (well meaning) relative asks me for approximately the 900th time in the 40+ years I've been alive how it can be that I don't like gravy. Everybody loves gravy! If I would just try a little I would see how delicious it is....

Just called and we got in! Omg! Queen Victoria room - squeeee.

Woohoo! Your list looks so great!! Super jealous of the V&A reservation as that is one that has always eluded me. I think you are going to have a fabulous trip!

Let's see.......

I'm thankful that we are married! And I am no longer wedding planning! Hahaha. I'm thankful for my friends and my family and my health (however poor it may be currently because I'm overweight) and my new WISH forum friends and my sweet puppy and our little home and my incredible DH who I met 7 years ago tomorrow (Happy Thanksgiving indeed!) and our Disneymoon and his newfound Disney love and my talents and lots of things that I take for granted every day.

What can jump off a cliff? The "extra love" I carry around every day in the form of 50lbs, most around my stomach and thighs. Hahaha. And that's where I'm going to end my "jump off a cliff" list, because there are other things on it but I want to be positive this week. :rotfl:

We LOVED Tusker House breakfast. It's a character meal but we so did not feel out of place only being two adults. Crystal Palace made us feel SO awkward only being the two of us with no kids - the character handlers acted like we didn't need to see the characters (um, hello, the food selection is not that great, why else did we pay that price?) so they rushed them by our table (we didn't even get to see Eeyore and we were going to ask to see him before we left but he went on a 15-minute break right as we finished our food and we wanted to get out into the park) and then they spent a TON of time with the tables around us because they had kids. Also, the food sucked. Tusker, on the other hand, was INCREDIBLE. Seriously, even if you don't go for the characters (honestly, we didn't - but we're super glad we did it!) the FOOD is INCREDIBLE. It's a great mix of themed foods and every day breakfast foods, so there's great choices for the adventurous and the non-adventurous alike.

Paradiso 37 at Disney Springs was SO good - but it's apparently a chain (we don't have any anywhere near us so we had never heard of it) so you might have one near you.

If you like sushi, the new restaurant in Disney Springs is supposed to be INCREDIBLE.

I'm also a big fan of Brown Derby and Sci-Fi Dine In at DHS.... :rolleyes1:teeth:

---------------------------------

So sorry for the lack of conversation this month. It's been a strange month here.

@pjlla - you had requested pictures a minute back of my hair and Christmas decor! I will post a hair picture tomorrow because I will actually take the time to blow dry and style it for Thanksgiving, lol, but here are a couple quick iPhone photos of my Christmas decor! I will be getting better camera pictures of everything this weekend.

We are doing DH's family Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow, and I made a yummy autumn trifle to bring.. Trifles are kind of my thing, haha. I just think they're so pretty! Last Thanksgiving (or maybe it was the one before?) I made a s'mores trifle... Christmas was a red velvet trifle with Oreos and homemade peppermint white chocolate whipped cream. This Thanksgiving it's a homemade pumpkin pound cake, caramel, graham cracker, and homemade cinnamon whipped cream trifle... And it's pretty amazing. Even DH, who HATES pumpkin, ate two helpings of this last night, haha. So I'm excited to take that tomorrow. We also made up some mason jar versions for our neighbor who watched our house for us while we were in Disney. I'm going to Hobby Lobby tonight to get some Thanksgiving-themed fabric to cute up the jar lids.

I hope everyone is having an amazing Thanksgiving week! Anyone hitting any Black Friday sales? We are going to play tourist around town Friday and photograph some Christmas decorations so long as the rain holds off and maybe hit some Black Friday sales just to say that we did because we never have, haha. Anyone working on Christmas lists yet? I've been wanting a Silhouette Cameo for a long, long time, so I think that's what I'm going to tell DH I want, if we can swing it financially... And then I will (hopefully!) launch an Etsy shop for crafty creations! So fingers crossed we can make it all work out. I'm nervous to do an Etsy just because I'll be one of many sellers... but I've always wanted to do this, so! Hopefully it will allow me to work from home so I can generate some income while I try to land some photography work. Why oh why couldn't I have wanted to be a nurse or lawyer or something with more stability! Instead I was a theatre major and a visual arts minor hahaha. Anyway. For those of us who celebrate Christmas - what's on YOUR Christmas list this year?

Sharing this one with all of you Disney lovers! This is DH on his first Disney trip (and only Disney trip before our Disneymoon!) 23 years ago when he was just 5... on the right is DH from our trip last month. They've change the Oscar's logo in the last 23 years, LOL, but he was so excited to find something he remembered from that first trip. Does anyone else think he looked like Mark from Home Improvement when he was little? Haha. I keep telling him that but he doesn't see it.

The Christmas decorations look beautiful! What tpes of crafty creations do you plan to off in your Etsy store? I'm sure you will do an amazing job! Nursing and lawyering and stability isn't always the greatest - I admire those with the courage to follow their creative streak! Finding a career path just sometimes takes its time I've tried on more than a few.

I am absolutely not Black Friday shopping. The mall is officially off limits until after the first year - I just can't deal with the crowds and the parking disasters. Shocking I love Disney parks! Christmas presents are already all purchased and wrapped. Yes, I am one of those people!!

I am hoping that Santa will bring me the Mad Men Complete Collection and the Big Bang Theory Lego set. I know that a new Le Creuset soup pot will be waiting under the tree.

Your DH is adorable!

Grrr. The guests are all tucked in their beds, my house is finally quiet, and I'm going to confess my dirty little secret. I hate Thanksgiving. It is my least favorite holiday. I've spent the better part of the last two days cooking foods I don't like and won't eat. I'm tired and grumpy and ready to move on to the December holidays. 24 hours to go and it will be over. Yay!!! 36 hours and the house guests leave and the tree trimming boxes come out. Double yay!!!

I'm indulging in this mini rant know so I don't have it tomorrow afternoon when some (well meaning) relative asks me for approximately the 900th time in the 40+ years I've been alive how it can be that I don't like gravy. Everybody loves gravy! If I would just try a little I would see how delicious it is....

Woohoo! Your list looks so great!! Super jealous of the V&A reservation as that is one that has always eluded me. I think you are going to have a fabulous trip!

The Christmas decorations look beautiful! What tpes of crafty creations do you plan to off in your Etsy store? I'm sure you will do an amazing job! Nursing and lawyering and stability isn't always the greatest - I admire those with the courage to follow their creative streak! Finding a career path just sometimes takes its time I've tried on more than a few.

I am absolutely not Black Friday shopping. The mall is officially off limits until after the first year - I just can't deal with the crowds and the parking disasters. Shocking I love Disney parks! Christmas presents are already all purchased and wrapped. Yes, I am one of those people!!

I am hoping that Santa will bring me the Mad Men Complete Collection and the Big Bang Theory Lego set. I know that a new Le Creuset soup pot will be waiting under the tree.

Your DH is adorable!

Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday, too! I don't know what it is. I feel like it should be my favorite because it is SO autumnal and I adore autumn, but... it's not. It's not the driving because I still love Christmas and we do the same amount of driving in the same amount of time for Christmas. I don't know what it is, but I could do without Thanksgiving every year. Feel free to come here and vent at any time tomorrow! I'll be checking consistently LOL. I do look forward to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year, but mainly because of the Broadway performances.

Don't feel bad! I am usually one of "those people", too. We have all of our wrapping and cards and whatnot purchased, but not the actual gifts yet. We're using all of our Bed Bath & Beyond gift cards that we accumulated from showers and wedding for that, haha, so I'm holding out to see if there's any Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales before I order. Just because I have the credit doesn't mean I can bring myself to throw away that money, lol.

Thank you, thank you! Ideally, it will be all sorts of crafts. Monograms and shirts and bows and onesies and handpainted signs and various things. Lots of Disney related items, though probably not a Disney specific store. I just love to craft! Haha.

We will only venture near stores on Black Friday to say we did - not to shop, not to score a deal, DEFINITELY not to fight the crowds. I'm with you! It's amazing I love Disney World because I CAN NOT HANDLE crowds. My anxiety flares up and I get overwhelmed and it's generally bad. But not at Disney!

Have you seen Mad Men already?? I want to watch it so badly. I've heard it's amazing and I LOVE the 60's so it sounds right up my alley.

I am hoping that Santa will bring me the Mad Men Complete Collection

Have you seen Mad Men already?? I want to watch it so badly. I've heard it's amazing and I LOVE the 60's so it sounds right up my alley.

Ladies, you are going to ~love~ this show when you watch it. Don't let anyone spoil you on the series, especially the first season. It's a slow burn, that when things start to pay off you're going to giggle with glee! You'll have favorite characters - mine are Pete and Peggy. You'll learn to love all of them through their faults - there is no single "good" or "bad" characters.

Woohoo! Your list looks so great!!

THANKS! :D We added the Ohana breakfast for the departure day. We don't have a flight home yet, so we're not sure when we're leaving. But I figure a big breakfast is a good way to start a trip home. I think Cyber Monday will be a great day for airfare sales - found a great deal on the flight out but the flight back home hasn't hit that sweet spot just yet.

We are heading there on December 18 - cannot wait. It's our arrival meal. So ready for this trip!

Hello everyone and happy Thanksgiving for everyone in the US :)

I've been a bit MIA this week - we got off of work after Tuesday (thank you academic schedule), and so I've been enjoying a bit of rest and days with no work.

Definitely not going to meet my goal unless something crazy happens - I saw my lowest weight so far this week, but due to some eating out (and I think mostly water weight since I tracked everything), I'm back up to a higher weight than I would like.

But I'm not going to let that ruin my Thanksgiving! I'm still planning on enjoying the holiday and eating moderate portions. I'm also planning to save my calories for the really yummy stuff, so working not to have little bits of absolutely everything, just the things I really enjoy.

Im taking an hour walk on the treadmill before we make the drive to my in-laws for the weekend. No good place to walk there, but I'm making it work!

And last of all, today I'm so thankful for my husbands family. Mine too of course, but we are spending the holiday with his since they are closer. I'm very happy to get along with everyone and to not be stressed out as I go to my first thanksgiving celebration with them.

I hope everyone who is traveling has a safe trip, and I'll be back on Sunday to post my results (good or bad)!

mickey thanksgiving.jpg

Good morning and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my US friends! And Happy Thursday to all others!

This week has been (of course) crazy and busy and I just haven't found the time to check in here like I would like! So sorry!

I am (not surprisingly) up just a touch today from last Friday. Frustrating way to head into the holiday, but no one to blame but myself. That means I OFFICIALLY start the "holiday eat-a-thon" s bit over my maintenance range. But I have a plan in place to have a successful holiday and weekend (two T.giving dinners for me) and hopefully that will show next Friday on the scale!

Hugs and love to all... gotta dash. Hoping to walk a few miles before heading to our family gathering!.............P

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!!

I know some of you mentioned that they don't like Thanksgiving, but I think it is a wonderful holiday. I like that it is so inclusive of everybody since it is not religious. And at the same time it is still a holiday that is about personal reflection and not just a celebration of a country like national days (like the 4th of July). In that sense I think Thanksgiving might be the most modern of all holidays - spiritual, but in a secular way. ;)

Sorry for the philosophical musings! I just spent 5 hours watching students taking an exam. Sooooo boring!!

Even though I am not in the US, I think I will join in and think about what I am thankful for: That I did not get the promotion that I applied for (in hindsight I am much more happy with the job I currently have even though it is slightly less "prestigeous", but I only came to that conclusion when I realised that the news of not getting the promotion made me feel relieved, not unhappy), that I have a wonderful boyfriend and that we so far are still making that long distance thing work and that my sister and I were able to go on a one-week cruise together this year.

I also like the cliff idea... Some of my work projects are welcome to walk over that cliff!! And anyone who thinks that violence against other innocent humans is a way to promote their crazy ideas!

I am thankful for my jobs and ability to provide for myself and my loved ones. There are a lot of things that could walk off a cliff, but I'm going to keep a positive attitude and not discuss them today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those in the USA!

So I went to the doctor on Wednesday because I didn't want to take this stupid cold with me to WDW (in 6 days!!!!). Turns out I have a sinus infection, the start of an ear infection, and bronchitis. I can't even run up the stairs without feeling winded and coughing :guilty: I'm super disappointed about this because I haven't worked out since Tuesday and I probably won't today. Which means good eating alone is the only thing that'll undo the damage from yesterday. I'm hoping that by Sunday, when I take my last prednisone for the bronchitis, that I'll be back to normal so I can at least squeeze in two workouts before the trip.

Final Weigh-in:
Pounds Lost: 4.5 of 6
Percentage: 75%

UGH. I MAINTAINED THIS WEEK. :mad:

For some reason this typically happens when I run a 5K and/or have a big loss from the week before. Not bummed just... annoyed. Being 5 pounds from goal is super frustrating.

Hi, all! Just caught up on this reading this thread - been crazy busy like everyone else!

Surprised to hear folks not liking Thanksgiving. It's my absolute fav holiday ( besides Christmas) - I just love everything about it - the autumnal colors, family, food, gratitude, and especially that the focus is on family togetherness. We just hosted our 30th T-day dinner ; great day! Then on to my daughter's favorite tradition - Black Friday shopping!

My weekly WW meeting is Friday 9:30. I was busy getting the deals then but attended the 12:30 meeting. I reached 100% of my goal - 4 weeks of meetings. ( I lost .5 this week !)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter