No One Loses Weight Like Gaston - November 2015 W.I.S.H Challenge

Morning friends! Welcome back from the long holiday weekend (for some of you) and Happy Monday to all!

As expected, things were quiet on here this weekend. I am home today ( caught a cold and don't want to cough all over the students) but I plan to spend the day making sure that our DECEMBER challenge is ready to go!!! Look for it later today/tonight and be ready to grab your seat!

My eating was mostly good over the long weekend.... had a small splurge last night but it wasn't crazy and considering the temptations around all weekend I think I did remarkably well! Actually Thursday and Friday were great! The downfall was the leftover goodies calling to me.... but honestly, it was a very successful weekend!

Time to eat breakfast and get rolling! TTYL.....................P

Finishing the month at 201.8, up a touch from December 1 and so still at 0%. At least I've been consistent!

@courtneybeth - thank you for doing such a spectacular hosting job this month (and being an all around inspiration on how to just do it). I haven't had time to post much but I've truly enjoyed reading along.

Ladies, you are going to ~love~ this show when you watch it. Don't let anyone spoil you on the series, especially the first season. It's a slow burn, that when things start to pay off you're going to giggle with glee! You'll have favorite characters - mine are Pete and Peggy. You'll learn to love all of them through their faults - there is no single "good" or "bad" characters.

THANKS! :D We added the Ohana breakfast for the departure day. We don't have a flight home yet, so we're not sure when we're leaving. But I figure a big breakfast is a good way to start a trip home. I think Cyber Monday will be a great day for airfare sales - found a great deal on the flight out but the flight back home hasn't hit that sweet spot just yet.

We are heading there on December 18 - cannot wait. It's our arrival meal. So ready for this trip!

Mad Men might just be my favorite thing ever made. I've watched it from beginning to end more than a few times and covet the box set so I can have the director's commentaries. I love all of the characters but Sally might just be my favorite with an honorable mention for Betty. If Santa doesn't bring me the set, I'm sure Amazon can have it in my hands by the end of Boxing Day. :)

Final Weigh-in:
Pounds Lost: 4.5 of 6
Percentage: 75%

UGH. I MAINTAINED THIS WEEK. :mad:

For some reason this typically happens when I run a 5K and/or have a big loss from the week before. Not bummed just... annoyed. Being 5 pounds from goal is super frustrating.

You are so close! I predict a big loss this week and goal one of the following two weeks.

Unfortunately, I did gain 1.5 this week which puts my month at 70%. There were a lot of things that factored into it. Not being able to work out really put a damper on the weekend for me, plus poor decisions from Thursday through Sunday. Being on a steroid hasn't helped either. But I definitely acknowledge my part in the gain!

I had to put myself into perspective because I was feeling really bummed about the gain. But I still lost 3.5 pounds this month! Which is great! When I see a bad weigh-in on the scale I automatically think that means I look like I did 30 pounds ago and that's simply not true. I'm very grateful for a new day and a new week. Granted this new week leads to Disney eating but I have a plan to keep myself from tail-spinning!

Just caught up after being away for the weekend. Thanksgiving wasn't too bad for me, but Disney sure was.... I undid all of last weeks work and finished out the month with a 2.5 lb loss. 50% of goal.

I'm a little bummed but still give myself credit for loosing something this month dealing with Thanksgiving! I have a feeling next month will be about the same, but I am still going to shoot for 5lbs next month too! Lesson learned that I need to get moving and keep moving the first two weeks and keep that momentum going throughout the month to finish strong!

I second what @DisPup75 said-- A big thank you to @courtneybeth!!! You did an awesome job this month!

You are so close! I predict a big loss this week and goal one of the following two weeks.

Thanks for the encouragement and positivity! I went to the grocery store last night and am trying some new things to 'change it up' this week. Found some new 3 point snacks from Special K and Annie's crackers. I'm going to see if that helps, along with getting back to meeting my usual step goal.

I am still going to shoot for 5lbs next month too! Lesson learned that I need to get moving and keep moving the first two weeks and keep that momentum going throughout the month to finish strong!

You got this, girl! Soon you'll be at the Grand Floridian :)

I got to 50% of my goal. Not what I wanted but considering all I was dealing with I'm happy there was a loss.

You had a great loss this month - even though you didn't hit your goal, remember that you still lost in a crazy month with a holiday dedicated to eating. Go you! :cheer2:

I reached 100% of my goal - 4 weeks of meetings. ( I lost .5 this week !)

You're a super star - congrats on reaching 100% of your goal. Keep up the momentum for next month. :jumping1:

I plan to spend the day making sure that our DECEMBER challenge is ready to go!!! Look for it later today/tonight and be ready to grab your seat!

YEAH! I am happy to pass the proverbial baton to you. Thanks for volunteering to keep the party going.

@courtneybeth - thank you for doing such a spectacular hosting job this month (and being an all around inspiration on how to just do it). I haven't had time to post much but I've truly enjoyed reading along.

Aww - I'm blushing. Thank you for the kind words. These challenges are a lot of work and I didn't realize how hard it would be to come up with a topic each day.:rotfl2:

Final weigh in 8.8 lbs lost this month. 110% of my goal. Thank goodness for the quick start to the month. Thanksgiving week was a bear!!!

Great work this month - that's fabulous!

But I still lost 3.5 pounds this month! Which is great! When I see a bad weigh-in on the scale I automatically think that means I look like I did 30 pounds ago and that's simply not true. I'm very grateful for a new day and a new week. Granted this new week leads to Disney eating but I have a plan to keep myself from tail-spinning!

Have fun in Disney! Don't go crazy at the buffets :)

Question of the Day - November 30
giphy.gif

And that's a wrap! Great job, folks!

Today marks the end of our crazy journey for this month. With the help of our good friend Gaston we've emulated his methods to: improve our diets (5 dozen eggs!) and generate workout routines (biceps to spare!). We all took on the challenge to lose weight and saw the scale tip gently in our favor - huzzah! While I'm not sure that anyone here embraced his philosophy of using antlers in all of their decorating, I guess I made a small effort by taking a reindeer paint class for the holiday at Pinot's Palette last night. Gaston would be so proud!

Think about your progress for the month.
Did you achieve your goal? If not, what will you do different next month?

It's been a pleasure, everyone. Thank you all for your participation!
I look forward to joining you all in the December thread.
I'll get final results posted tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hi You All! Just got back from my 10 days at Disney! Had a blast! Only gained one pound....unbelievable! We ate oatmeal every morning and we shared most lunches with a dessert every day. We ate full on buffet's every night with multiple desserts. I am completely amazed that I only gained one pound. And....I have to say I am so grateful to be eating well today...my stomach just can't do all that sugar anymore....I had a stomach ache every day...but still ate the sweets...of course. I'll post some pics later...got lots of unpacking and house work to do. So I am at 0% for this month, which was expected. Look out December!

My final weigh-in for the month comes to 270.3, for a total of 4.3 pounds, which is 86% of my goal!

Though I did not achieve my goal for the month, I am still happy with the loss. I will continue to monitor my eating and will increase my physical activity, and stay positive about any losses.

Thank you @courtneybeth for hosting a wonderful month!

giphy.gif

Today marks the end of our crazy journey for this month. With the help of our good friend Gaston we've emulated his methods to: improve our diets (5 dozen eggs!) and generate workout routines (biceps to spare!). We all took on the challenge to lose weight and saw the scale tip gently in our favor - huzzah! While I'm not sure that anyone here embraced his philosophy of using antlers in all of their decorating, I guess I made a small effort by taking a reindeer paint class for the holiday at Pinot's Palette last night. Gaston would be so proud!

While I did not achieve my goal I'm happy that I did lose. Next month, I think that continuing to work out will be key to keeping me on track for my December goals. There are going to be days where I'll overeat, that's inevitable. But I don't need to let that spiral into multiple days with no regard to what I know is best.

Thanks for hosting @courtneybeth ! Love the theme and questions!

giphy.gif

I did not meet my goal this month. 6 pounds was an ambitious goal and I achieved only a 4.5 pound weight loss... but it was still a LOSS. So I am thrilled! This month was filled with many obstacles - I ran two 5K races and came down with a flu. To lose what I did was excellent and now I'm only 5 pounds from my goal weight.

That said - I know that these last 5 pounds will be a bear to lose. In the midst of being so close I am heading into my MBA Finals and I'll be done with my program in just 15 days. I don't want to stress eat at all! And then I leave for Disney World in 18 days... so of course I'm going to gain/maintain while there.

I think I'm going to set my goal for a 3 pound loss next month. That would put me at 152 with just 2 pounds remaining for January.

@courtneybeth thank you for this wonderful month! I had so much fun with all the Gaston pictures and questions!

I totally forgot to step on the scale this morning. I have been sick with a horrible bronchitis for the last week and my eating has been all over the place. So I really don't want to step on the scale as I am afraid that I will end the months with a negative success. But I will get a start weight for December tomorrow to see where I stand. It can't be all horrible as I still fit in my skinnier clothes. So, hopefully the damage was not too bad. I just wished that I would get healthy again so that I can become more active again!

See you all in December!

Hello all!

Well, I did quite badly at the end of the month - Thanksgiving day was actually all right. I managed to keep portions mostly in check, but the rest of the weekend was quite bad. I forget how difficult it is to not snack when literally everyone in my husband's family snacks all the time!

However, I did manage to get back on track at the first possible moment - we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch on our way home, and instead of getting my usual unhealthy meal, I got something off of their lower calorie menu - still had a biscuit, but for me that's a huge victory.

We've still got some leftovers to munch on, but dinner is pretty healthy tonight, and I've got a plan.

I weighed in at 144.8 today - so I only ended up at 27% of my goal for the month. But honestly, I'm ok with that. It's still lower than I started the month, and I've been maintaining some good habits. I saw the lowest weight yet on the scale (144), and I think I can get back there pretty easily. However, the next two weeks I'm really going to try to reign it in and exercise more because December 14 we're starting a huge road trip for the holidays with a few days in Disney.

So about half of December is going to be driving food, food at home where I don't know any of the recipes, and Disney food - so it's going to be real interesting. I think December I'm going to just try to maintain and any loss will be a bonus.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your outstanding hostessing this month! The paint class sounds like fun!

Did not achieve my goal, nor did I bother to actually keep track of my percentage of success. I knew that an exercise goal would be difficult.... but at least knowing that I had made some sort of committment did get me out and moving a few more times than I probably would have otherwise!

Hi You All! Just got back from my 10 days at Disney! Had a blast! Only gained one pound....unbelievable! We ate oatmeal every morning and we shared most lunches with a dessert every day. We ate full on buffet's every night with multiple desserts. I am completely amazed that I only gained one pound. And....I have to say I am so grateful to be eating well today...my stomach just can't do all that sugar anymore....I had a stomach ache every day...but still ate the sweets...of course. I'll post some pics later...got lots of unpacking and house work to do. So I am at 0% for this month, which was expected. Look out December!

Welcome back! Sounds like lots of fun to be had for just a pound!!

Hey all! I'm MINUTES away from posting the December challenge!! Everybody ready for the move? I hope so! BB in a few minutes to post the challenge and a link!.................P

@courtneybeth - THANK YOU for being such an incredible host this month and setting the bar so high for all of us. I'm so sorry I wasn't a more active participant in November but I loved following along and your daily posts were incredible.

Hope to see all of you more over in the December thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter