No Park - what to do?

We always allot the first arrival day for DTD -- especially if we're just coming in midday (though some members of our party have a much longer flight so they aren't up for a partial day at Disney). Walking/shopping around DTD is great but something we've tried is the spa and a nice dinner at either Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55. The hotel might have some great amenities -- whether it's the pool or maybe one of the fitness classes as well.

We are arriving (in September) mid-afternoon and won't be going to the parks until the next day as well. I will have a 14 year old and almost 13 year old. We plan to just wander DTD, pick out some ear hats or a t-shirt, pick a spot for dinner and then relaxing by the pool. We want to go to bed at a reasonable time to be ready for rope drop!

We did Medieval Times in Buena Park once. It was OK.
I had fun doing this a few years back. You have to be in the right frame of mind for sure and be willing to accept or even embrace the more cheesy aspects of it, but once you do, it’s a good time.

We usually do Goofy's Kitchen on arrival day and then wander around DT Disney. Gets us excited for the parks.

Stuff we've done on non-park late afternoon/evenings:

- cocktails & snacks at Trader Sam's
- The Void, especially if it's the Star Wars one. That was totally fun.
- the big Disney store in DTD. I could spend an hour in there.
- browse through the other shops. The fancy Disney art gallery store is cool.
- have dinner somewhere in DTD. There's a lot of great options. this would be a fun meal to do a character meal if you like character meals.
- swim in the hotel pool
- browse in the hotel gift shop

LaSt year we got a 4 day instead of a 3 day. It was $15 more per ticket through LMT. MY SIB AND I got there around 4 and watched the last showing of frozen. Not something I’d want to do on my full day. But it was good despite me not liking frozen and never having seen the animation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter