No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip - UPDATED 6/5

Your photos from the Safari are exceptional! You must have a really great zoom!

I was pleasantly surprised by the Festival of the Lion King the first time I saw it too. We had done Finding Nemo earlier in the trip, and I pretty much hated it (even though I was fond of the movie at the time). One of our bus drivers recommended the FotLK to us, so we decided to go back for it, and yeah...amazing.
Now it's a must do for every trip. It will be nice when they move it to a more convenient location!

Thanks for all the lovely comments about my pictures you guys! I've been working really hard to improve my photography, so it's awesome it's being noticed. Sorry for the delay in updating, I've just gotten busy! But here's Day 4!

:mickeyjumDAY 4 - MAGIC KINGDOM AND BOMA:mickeyjum

This day was a little gross weather-wise. Not TOO bad, but it rained on and off and wasn't all that sunny. I've never let a little bad weather stop me from having a good time though!

8719583618_862c0ca6f3_z.jpg

I got to see the rope drop show for the first time, and it was adorable! I definitely want to see it again next time.

8790700020_11304f80b1_z.jpg

One of my favourite things to do while taking pictures anywhere, but most especially in Disney World, is to look for the little things. I've always loved this plaque above the entrance to Magic Kingdom, so I snapped a shot.

8718464047_a74d3db59d_z.jpg

I love this statue.

8719580372_84eb36bfcf_z.jpg

The first thing we did on this day was Enchanted Tales with Belle. It was the first time for both of us, and it was quite cute!

8710840395_affc6f221b_z.jpg

The technological aspects of the show were pretty incredible. The Imagineers really outdid themselves. I'm not sure if I would see it again without small children in my party, but I'm really glad I got to see it once. The little boy who was chosen to play the Beast was absolutely smitten with Belle, it was precious.

After ETwB, we did the classics - Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, it's a small world, etc. I really love these rides (it's a small world, maybe a bit less ;), but it's still a classic I have to ride once a trip).

8719580964_ecf527a8d8_z.jpg

Then I met the oh-so wonderful Gaston! If you have a Tumblr, you may have seen these pictures floating around. I posted them and they got over 300 000 notes! Crazy, right?

8831456364_78eac7e5f4_z.jpg

8831455658_d7ee9a7de7_z.jpg

Here's the conversation we had:

Gaston: “Your hair is red. That’s my second favourite colour.”
Me: “What’s your first favourite colour?”
Gaston: “Reflective.”
Me: “Is that technically a colour though?”
Gaston: “It is if I say so. I control words, they don’t control me. Now I imagine you want to touch my muscles. You may want to use both hands, they’re quite large.”

What a charmer, right? :thumbsup2

Gaston's Tavern was awesome, a really great addition to Fantasyland.

8718463181_16ab58ef68_z.jpg

8718460711_fbf1be7653_z.jpg

I got LeFou's Brew, and it was super tasty. I'll definitely be getting it again. I'm a big apple juice fan, and it's basically like an apple juice slushie. It's got something like whip cream on top that really mixes nicely with the flavour of the drink. Do recommend!

I saw the new Tangled washrooms, and while people were really underwhelmed that they were just washrooms, the tower and surrounding area was quite nice. The Imagineers did a good job.

8790676056_c566438fc4_z.jpg

We ate lunch at Be Our Guest, which had a bit of a wait but the line moved quite quickly.

8790704606_fb077d0bcd_z.jpg

I thought the food was delicious. I got the turkey sandwich with green beans. The turkey was nicely cooked and the baguette was yummy. The beans were a great side dish. I had the strawberry cream cheese cupcake for dessert - it was ridiculously good.

8711959188_dfd68717f0_z.jpg

We saw the Celebrate the Magic parade in the afternoon, which is one of the few parades I have seen before. It's still great every time!

8790687842_5c4cda02a7_z.jpg

8790695318_e27a9da292_z.jpg

8710831399_47d9ed33e6_z.jpg

For dinner, we headed over to Boma. I cannot speak highly enough of this restaurant. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was nice and relaxed. The chicken I had was really delicious, and the fish too. There were many kinds of salads and hummus and the like. And the desserts! Holy cow was the selection ever huge! I ate tons, that's for sure. I want to go back next time.

And that concludes our first day at Magic Kingdom! Stay tuned as we head over to the dark side to visit Harry Potter!

I was down there for the same dates so I'm trying to figure out what date this is. If my math is right, it's May 1 I think? If so I was in MK that day too.

I had to comment on that particular Gaston. I remember seeing him and thinking, my Gawd that IS Gaston. The smile is perfect, so cartoony and brilliant. I was really blown away. I didn't get a good picture of him so I was so glad to see your photo.

Oh my gosh! You have amazing photos! I'm caught up with your wonderful reivews.

Love the Gaston interaction! He's so very suave. He told me that I was a great mom to give my daughter the gift of 'him' for her birthday since she was wearing a birthday button in February. So perfect!

I had the pleasure of having the strawberry cream cheese cupcake too at BOG - one of the best cupcakes in all of WDW might I add! :thumbsup2

Yay for being the rebel spy! How cute that you gave a squeal of excitement! Totally understandable! I would have said hold that photo for a second longer I want to take a picture! :lmao:

Awesome interaction with Baloo and King Louis! I'm so impressed with their hilarious antics. Speaking of antics, too bad your 50's PT server wasn't more into the role but at least the food is good.

Your photos are really gorgeous! Good job!

My sister is entering into her junior year of college and is also a film major! I have no idea what she wants to do with it because she doesn't want to move to LA so who knows... but she is very artsy and creative so hopefully she can do something with it.

I was down there for the same dates so I'm trying to figure out what date this is. If my math is right, it's May 1 I think? If so I was in MK that day too.

I had to comment on that particular Gaston. I remember seeing him and thinking, my Gawd that IS Gaston. The smile is perfect, so cartoony and brilliant. I was really blown away. I didn't get a good picture of him so I was so glad to see your photo.

Yes that was May 1st! He really was the perfect Gaston. I was smitten, I must admit.

Oh my gosh! You have amazing photos! I'm caught up with your wonderful reivews.

Love the Gaston interaction! He's so very suave. He told me that I was a great mom to give my daughter the gift of 'him' for her birthday since she was wearing a birthday button in February. So perfect!

I had the pleasure of having the strawberry cream cheese cupcake too at BOG - one of the best cupcakes in all of WDW might I add! :thumbsup2

Yay for being the rebel spy! How cute that you gave a squeal of excitement! Totally understandable! I would have said hold that photo for a second longer I want to take a picture! :lmao:

Awesome interaction with Baloo and King Louis! I'm so impressed with their hilarious antics. Speaking of antics, too bad your 50's PT server wasn't more into the role but at least the food is good.

Thanks so much!

Yeah I was thrilled with my character interactions on this trip! They were all really great.

Your photos are really gorgeous! Good job!

My sister is entering into her junior year of college and is also a film major! I have no idea what she wants to do with it because she doesn't want to move to LA so who knows... but she is very artsy and creative so hopefully she can do something with it.

I don't know what I want to do with my degree either, to be honest! There are so many jobs I'd love to have, it's difficult to choose which to pursue. I'm just trying to accumulate as many skills as possible right now.

I'm working on my next update so stay tuned everyone!

Sorry for the huge delay! My dad surprised me with another trip so I've been busy planning that one. I've started a PTR/TR that you can find here! Anyhow, on with the show!

:mickeyjumDAY 5 - THE DARK SIDE:mickeyjum

Universal! We only went to Islands of Adventure, and the weather was HORRENDOUS. As such, I wasn't able to get very many pictures, and the ones I did get did not turn out well, so unfortunately I've got nothing to show you! It rained and rained and rained. So miserable!

But, as always, we were able to have a blast. My mom loved the Wizarding World. It was her first time seeing it, and she was blown away by all the little details. Then we rode Spiderman and the Cat in the Hat ride. We also managed to ride the Hulk in the brief hour it wasn't raining cats and dogs. We didn't ride anything in Jurassic Park but we did explore the area. Jurassic Park is one of my favourite movies, and I really hope they expand the land when the 4th movie is released.

We ended up leaving mid-afternoon and heading back to the resort. We finished the night at Disney Quest. Now THAT was a blast! I love video games, so I really enjoyed having a huge building of them to play. I also discovered that my mom is a pinball nerd! Who would have thought? She told me she used to go to the arcade all the time and play pinball for hours when she was a kid. She's really good! I was impressed.

Sorry for the short report! As I mentioned before I don't have any pictures due to miserable weather so this day feels a bit thin. I promise more and better pictures when I report on our last park day!

Hi!! :wave: I’m late but I’m here to read along!!
Where abouts are you in Canada?! Ah! We’re staying at POFQ in Sept on our Mother daughter trip! Yay!

Wow, you’re definitely more east than me if you can get there by 11!!

Yeehaw Bob?! Totally have never heard of him, but I’ll definitely have to check it out!

Oh my gosh your Minnie Mouse disneybound is absolutely adorable!! The new character spot is super cute too!

Yay for a good meal at Via Napoli, we’re doing that for lunch too! Love Fantasmic!! It’s such a great show, really, the last three minutes do it the most for me, but everything as a whole is fantastic too!

I feel the same about DHS, it’s got some great rides an a good show or two, but that’s about it, and the food, way less than par!

Love the pic of the clouds behind TOT, great shot!

Bahaha, I’d totally post all 1600 photos if I were you lawl! My updates go on FOREVER because of it, but I like sharing lawl.

Oh my gosh!! Your animal pictures are not only amazing, you also got one of TWO lions, now that’s impressive and awesome!

We have the same brain I’m pretty sure, FOTLK is like, my favorite thing on Disney property, whereas I’ve only seen the Nemo show once and definitely didn’t like it!

Ah! You do have tumblr! I was going to say I thought I’d seen the one of you and Minnie kicking around! Have yet to see the Gaston ones, but my he is a dream boat! He’s always been my favorite! Baha! “my favorite color’s reflective” too funny!

Nice parade pics! And glad you liked BOG, the food and atmosphere in there is just too amazing. The Strawberry cupcake was what I went with last time I ate there, having tried the lemon meringue one before and both are just delectable!

Boma’s so delicious right?! YUM! Loved it!

Glad you guys liked HP land! I’ve only been over there once, figured I’d wait til it’s all expanded to go back as not much else in Universal really interests me haha!

Quickly read though your PTR, what an awesome birthday trip!! We’ll be down there just a few weeks after you! And as for birthday drinks: DON’T MISS: The Grand Marnier, orange slush in France, and the Fiesta Margarita in Mexico. Dad’s Electric lemonade at fifties prime is also apparently really good.

I would suggest just looking through the drink menus and picking some fun stuff you haven’t heard of before!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!