No Questions! EXPERIENCE!! Four teenage girls go to Disney - June 2012 UPDATE 5/8 x2

jayyyloooo

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!!!! Welcome to one crazy trip report!!! As the title says, this summer I went on a trip to Disney World with three other teenage girls... yea... anyone who knows anything about teenage girls will probably guess that there was a lot of laughter but also a lot of "I really want to rip their heads off" moments... and you would be right :lmao: This trip certainly had its ups and downs but I will always remember it as one of the best vacations of my life and it was amazing to share Disney World with my best friends!

When? - June 11- June 17
Where? - Carribean Beach Resort
Who? - Find out below :)
Why? - Do we really need a reason??? It's DISNEY WORLD!!!

Now on to the cast!

ME!!!
photo1.jpg

(I just love this picture, and it is my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram profile pics haha! I found that tiara in the Mexico pavilion and almost bought it for no reason...)

HELLO! My name is Jamee and I am 17 years old (16 at the time of this trip)! I'm going to be a senior in high school and I am VERY excited for my final year! I was the resident Disney Addict on this trip... like most people on these boards I am absolutely obsessed with Disney World! Also, this year I was a very proud Annual Pass Holder! Last summer my sisters' moved to Tampa, FL so whenever I would go visit we went to Disney! My AP expires in December and I HOPE to get one more trip in :) My favorite park is always a toss up between Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. On this trip I led the group around and impressed them with my bottomless source of Disney knowledge! :wave2:

DSC00446.jpg

This is one of my best friends, Taylor! She is the reason we went on this trip, as you continue to read you'll see that it was really a trip with her family and she invited me! When she asked me to come I was so excited!!! I think she knew that I liked Disney but I don't think she was prepared for my absolute OBSESSION! Taylor has been to Disney quite a few times but before this trip she hadn't gone in 6 years. She was very excited to go back! Taylor is also 17 and will be a senior in high school. Her favorite park is Epcot. She loves Disney World but not to the point of commando touring... which (SPOILER ALERT) may be the reason for some of the tension on the trip...

DSC02688.jpg

This is another one of my best friends, Jackie! Jackie is also 17 and a soon to be senior! Before this trip, Jackie had never been to Disney before!!! It was so amazing to get to see the parks through her eyes as she saw them for the first time!! I loved getting to share the magic with her! Her favorite park is the Magic Kingdom. Jackie was either really high or really low during this trip... she either was right with me enjoying and really appreciating everything, but sometimes she would get this attitude and I'm still not sure why... anyway, those things will come up as the report goes on.

DSC00288.jpg

This is Andrea, Taylor's younger sister! She is thirteen and will be in eighth grade this year! She, like Taylor, has been to Disney many times but hadn't been for six years before this trip. Andrea was like a little sister to me and Jackie during this trip and we all got along great! (For the most par ;) you'll have to wait and see!) Her favorite parks were Animal Kingdom and Epcot.

Finally, the last member of this trip was Taylor's dad! (I couldn't find any individual pictures of him, but you'll see him pop up) Before the trip I thought he would be annoyed with the four girls or wouldn't join us or wouldn't enjoy the parks... but I was wrong! He was great! He really did enjoy the parks and definitely could keep up with me!

The whole crew...
DSC02782.jpg

This was taken on the last night... you could see how tired we look!!! HAHA!!!

I'm think some of you are probably wondering about the title of the TR... well, the line "No Questions!" was used many times throughout the trip. One day Jackie, Taylor, and Andrea (who were too young to remember the rides or had never gone on them before) would constantly be asking "Now what happens on this ride" and other similar questions to Taylor's dad and I. So one day Taylor's dad was getting annoyed with all the questions and told everyone they just had to experience everything! I'm not sure why but it stuck for the whole trip, whenever any questions would be asked someone would always reply "NO QUESTIONS! EXPERIENCE!" and so it became one of our catchphrases of the trip!

In case you were wondering (which you probably weren't...) our other catchphrase and runner up to the title of this TR was "Law of Averages" because we either had really long bus waits, or extremely short ones. Whenever we would have a couple long ones in a row we would say "Well the Law of Averages says that the next wait will be short..." We really don't know if this "Law" is a real thing... I'm guessing not

That's where I'll leave you for now... I'll update tomorrow with our first day :)

But for now, I am an absolute Olympics junkie so I will be watching the opening ceremonies... you should all go watch :)

I'm so obsessed that I even made cupcakes!
YUM!!
photo1-1.jpg

A Tale of Two Flights - Part 1

Welcome everyone! Let's get this TR on the road!!!

Some of you may be wondering about the title of this update. The "two flights" does not refer to connecting flights. There were two flights because for various reasons, I did not fly down with the rest of the group. So I'm going to start with my flight.

On this day... I spent a lot of time waiting in two separate airports... But I was going to Disney so it was ok!

My flight was scheduled to leave at 1:20. My dad was also flying out of the same airport that day so I just went with him. However, his flight left at 11:50 so I had a couple hours to wait once we arrived. I got a Starbucks and a snack and went to the gate. I watched TV episodes on my phone and made a few playlists for the plane ride and before I knew it, it was time to board.

IMG_0312.jpg

This actually isn't my plane... this was taken from my seat on the plane of the one next to mine, but my plane looked exactly the same!

We took off very quickly and soon I looked out my window and saw this...

IMG_0314.jpg

I think the view from a plane is one of the coolest pictures ever.

It was a very uneventful plane ride (which I suppose is a very good thing). I was extremely restless though! I was so excited to get to Florida that I just wanted to be off that plane already!!! Normally I am very good on planes and I can listen to music and take a nap or read a book for the whole time, but this time my book couldn't keep my attention and my eyes wouldn't stay closed. So I just put my Disney playlist on repeat and watched these nifty screens over the seats.

They would show a map, and I would watch the plane inch closer to central FL!
IMG_0315.jpg

And then they would show the time and ETA and I would watch the minutes tick by!
IMG_0316.jpg

Finally we landed!!!! ORLANDO AIRPORT I LOVE YOU!!! The first thing I did when I got off the plane was check everyone else's flight. They were a little delayed so I had about two hours to wait.

I was starving so I searched out for the food court that for some reason I had never been to in all my trips to Orlando! I got some food from Chick-fil-a and sat down.

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

In case anyone would ever need to know this, the Chick-fil-a in MCO does not serve milkshakes!!!! I went to order one because I LOVE me my Chick-fil-a milkshakes and the girl was like "We don't serve milkshakes" WHAT!?!?!?!

So sad... but its ok, I would be eating DISNEY FOOD soon enough!

Speaking of which, I loved my Chick-fil-a and it was delicious as always but I just couldn't eat it knowing the amazing food that was coming that week!!!

After lunch I still had plenty of time so I did a little shopping!

Where you ask??
IMG_0324.jpg

Yes I know, I was going to be there in a few hours! But I had a few things to pick up...
DSC00073.jpg

My Trip Journal!!! (which is missing at the moment, oh yea, this is coming all from memory)

DSC00074.jpg

My Birthday present to myself! I didn't want to worry about carrying cash around so I just bought a Disney gift card!

I also bought a pair of Mickey earrings because I had lost mine, but I can't find the picture of them...

After making my purchases, I went to sit down where everyone else would come out and started writing in my journal while I waited. I wouldn't have to wait very long and soon I would meet up with them and the vacation would begin!!!

Waiting in the airport all by yourself is the worst! At least you were surrounded by Disney though!

Joining in!popcorn:: I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Thanks for joining in! Can't wait to share the rest!​

Waiting in the airport all by yourself is the worst! At least you were surrounded by Disney though!

That really was the worst! It was just so lonely and I was so excited to get to Disney already! But if I had to pick an airport to wait in, it would definitely be Orlando!​

A Tale of Two Flights - Part 2

I'm going to do my best to fill in what was going on in the second flight. This is going to be a short update because obviously I wasn't there... But I promise by the end of the update we will all be together!!!

Everyone else was flying out of our small local airport so they didn't have to leave until later in the afternoon.

This is them in the car on the way to the airport

DSC02460.jpg

They arrived at the airport, went through security no problem and were at the gate in less than five minutes... yea, it's a REALLY small airport! It's nice to fly out of because it's hassle free but there is really NOTHING to do!

So they just sat at the gate and waited for their flight!

DSC02468.jpg

Let me just say that I am so thankful I wasn't on this flight! Andrea and Taylor are scared of flying and they were so nervous about the flight for weeks before hand. Also, this was Jackie's first time EVER on a plane so she had no idea what to expect. But I asked them how it went and they said it was fine... THANK GOD! Had there been turbulence or anyone got sick I'm sure I would've heard about it all week!

So now we'll try and piece together what happened during the flight with pictures I took from Taylor's camera

Them waiting for the flight to take off!

DSC02474.jpg

The necessary sky from outside the window picture

DSC02476.jpg

I'm guessing Taylor and Andrea passed some time taking pictures, because there are about fifteen pictures of them on Taylor's camera in various poses...

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02478.jpg

DSC02479.jpg

And then they decided to take some with sleeping Jackie... haha! I just love this picture!! :rotfl:

DSC02482.jpg

One more window picture... They were flying over water of some sort apparently

DSC02483.jpg

FINALLY!! They made it!!! Andrea and Jackie in the airport!!

DSC02487.jpg

So once they get off the plane they text me and I tell them I am waiting right by the exit of the faux-monorail for their gate. Then ten minutes later and they say they don't see me and they are near a Starbucks. I look around and the only Starbucks is on the other side of the--- oh wait, I was at the wrong exit, just brilliant Jamee! So I tell them to stay where you are and I was coming, but they moved anyway. Lovely. So then I had to chase Jackie and Andrea around the room going "GUYS!!! TURN AROUND!!!" This must have all been comical to see. Once I caught up with them we lost Taylor and her dad... oh my!

But soon enough we all found each other and took the first group photo of the trip!! (Don't ask me why Andrea is holding Mickey's nose, because I honestly have no idea...)

DSC02489.jpg

We were then off the find the Magical Express! We were very excited at this point!

DSC02490.jpg

Now this is the first time I've stayed on property (I know right! I was sooooo excited for that!!!) so I wasn't sure where to go. I've heard stories on the DIS of how many people get lost trying to find ME... and we were one of them. We were on the opposite side.

Us searching for the Magical Express that we would never find on that side no matter how far we walked

DSC02491.jpg

But eventually we asked someone and then directed us and we were on our way, hopefully we would find it soon!!!

By the way, I'm sorry my photos are so big! I resized them on photobucket but they are still showing up huge!​

Four teenagers at disney, I remember when my two best friends and I went to Busch Gardens all the time... miss those days.... can not wait for another update

Four teenagers at disney, I remember when my two best friends and I went to Busch Gardens all the time... miss those days.... can not wait for another update

It was really amazing to be at my favorite place with my best friends! Glad you're enjoying it so far!

The Magical Express!

When we left off we were lost in the airport trying to find the Magical Express. Thankfully, after a little more walking we came across this lovely site!

DSC02496.jpg

We had a bit of a problem at the ME desk. For some reason, AAA had only given us four transfers, probably because I wasn't on the flight that everyone else had booked through AAA. But they had no problem giving us one more, we just had to wait a minute while they printed it out.

After that we went straight through the line right on to a waiting bus! I didn't even have time to snap a picture of any of the signs! I was able to get this one while we waited for them to take our luggage. And we had a real bus! I was so happy for my first ME ride I didn't have to take the fake buses everyone on hear talks about :)

DSC00080.jpg

We quickly filed on to the bus and found our seats. There was still plenty of seats open so we had a bit of a wait. We passed the time by catching up on each other's flights and of course, taking pictures!

Me and Taylor!

DSC00081.jpg

Taylor's dad with Jackie and Andrea in the background!

DSC02498.jpg

Soon we were off and the lovely movie was starting! That movie really gets you excited for everything that is about to come! I kept looking back at Jackie who was just wonder struck and I could tell how excited she was to be at Disney for the first time!

DSC00085.jpg

On our way we passed another Magical Express bus! I quickly took a picture before I realized... that's a sad bus, those people are leaving Disney :( Sorry people!!

DSC00087.jpg

Unfortunately we were sitting to far back to get a good picture of the ARCHWAY!!! But we all saw it and knew that the vacation had officially begun! I then snapped this shot of Jackie taking in the first sites of Disney World!

DSC00090.jpg

I can't believe how quickly that bus ride goes by! I mean, we all know it's a fairly decent drive from the airport to WDW but it really didn't seem long at all. Caribbean Beach Resort was the first stop on this route so before we knew it we were passing this!

DSC00092.jpg

AHHHH!!!! ALMOST THERE!!!!

I was so excited that I forgot to take pictures of the resort while driving in. Don't worry, more pictures are coming later! As we pulled in I took this picture from the bus right before we got off.

DSC00093.jpg

We waited less than five minutes for our luggage to come off the bus and then we went inside the Custom House to check in!

DSC02503.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

There was absolutely no line at check in so we walked right up to the desk! We automatically were given our room assignment and our KTTW cards! Our building was Barbados 12 which ended up being perfect! We literally had a two minute walk to the bus stop and probably a five to ten minute walk to Old Port Royale. Barbados was also a very quiet area which we enjoyed a lot. The only bad thing about out room was that it was on the second floor, but that really wasn't that bad, just a little inconvenient. At first we thought there was only one staircase and we'd have to go through a maze of corners to get to our room. But later that night we found that there was a smaller staircase right around the corner of our room that led to the main walkway to the bus stop and OPR, so that was great!

After getting our cards the lady asked if we were celebrating anything and we were given our buttons.

I got a birthday button!

DSC00100.jpg

Jackie got a first visit button (and a birthday button but I'm not sure where that is in this picture).

DSC00097.jpg

Andrea also got a birthday button but I didn't get a picture of that.

After that we were pointed on our way and we were off. Another great thing about our room location is that most people need to wait for a bus from Custom House but Barbados was right across the street and we were able to just walk on over.

DSC02511.jpg

It's a Mickey Towel!!!

We arrived at our room and started taking pictures of all the decor before the luggage cluttered up the room (and trust me, by the end of the week, the room would be very messy haha! That's what happens with four girls!).

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

I love all the little details that just remind you that you're in Disney!

A picture of the room including Taylor taking a picture and I'm not sure what Jackie was doing...

DSC00103.jpg

The bathroom areas:

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02516.jpg

The room was not too big but it was plenty big enough for four girls. If everyone was going to unpack their suitcases drawer space would have been tight but it still would have worked. Taylor and Andrea ended up just living out of their suitcase for the week so Jackie and I had plenty of room to unpack. There was a chest that was the perfect size to keep Taylor and Andrea's suitcase on that also had a drawer where they put dirty clothes. I really liked the table right when you came in the door because it was an easy place to dump our park bags and other random things. This helped for two reasons, one, it cut down on the clutter in the rest of the room. And two, we never had to look around for things because everything was on that table.

After getting our stuff in the room we were ready to go. We decided to go to Old Port Royale to pick up our refillable mugs and grab a quick snack.

Some pictures of the (short) walk to OPR.

DSC02518.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

We arrived at OPR and I thought I had more pictures of this area, maybe they come later. We got our mugs and everyone else used a snack credit but I wasn't hungry considering my snack at the airport.

We all got our refillable mugs. These were really great, especially combined with the short walk to OPR. Whenever we needed a drink you could just pop right over. The only complaint was we wish there were more colors so we could differentiate between them, but it ended up being fine.

DSC00113.jpg

Jackie and I got pink and Taylor and Andrea got blue. Which, if we are being honest, probably would have happened even if they had every color under the rainbow. I don't think either myself or Jackie would have let the other have pink! Haha! Such girls!

After this we returned to our room to drop off our mugs, it was great that our room was right between OPR and the bus stop, I absolutely hate backtracking, and went over to the bus stop. Where we waited for a little bit, and then took some pictures to pass the time.

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC02526.jpg

And then we waited some more, and more, and more.... the rest of the buses had come by but we still waited. FYI, this was really the only time we had an awful wait the entire trip. And really it wasn't horrible, I think it was maybe half an hour, maybe a little more. Sooner or later a bus came that said...

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!!!!!!!!!

MY FAVORITE PARK.... beside Magic Kingdom of course, but that's a given!

And we were off! The bus ride to HS from CBR was less than five minutes! It took way longer to stop at all the different islands (Barbados was right in the middle of the bus stops) than to drive to the park. I think you pulled out of the hotel, made a left and then went through one stoplight, turned left at the next intersection and BAM! You saw that lovely blue sign with red writing that said, Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Jackie was very excited to be on her FIRST EVER DISNEY BUS!!! I wonder if it lived up to her expectations... OF COURSE IT DID! That voice... I can just hear it in my head... WHEN CAN I GO BACK?!?!?!

DSC00119.jpg

What do you mean Pizza Planet is CLOSED!

I don't know if it was the excitement of first getting into the park or what but out of three cameras, none of us got a clear picture of the hat!!! I know! WHAT?!?! So instead you get a slightly blurry picture... SORRY!

DSC00122.jpg

Instead of racing straight to Toy Story Mania and waiting in a two hour line (my obsession with this ride and everything Toy Story will come in to play later in the trip, I promise) our first order of business was FOOD! After waiting for the bus, we were all very hungry! I had planned on us eating at PIZZA PLANENT but stupidly I had never checked the hours... We had gotten to the park at ten past nine walked over to Pizza Planet and found out that they had closed at nine! WAHHHHHHHH!!!! I really wanted my Pizza Planet! Would I get my Pizza Planet fix by the end of the trip... or any of that delicious Disney pizza??? Wait and see :)

We were so hungry so we just started to walk and decided to eat at the first place we saw open... which was...

DSC00130.jpg

The ABC Commissary! I know a lot of people dislike this restaurant and say the food is bad, but I have never had a problem with the food and I love the theme! As a HUGE television fan, I love the posters and previews of all of my favorite ABC shows! Modern Family, check. Once Upon a Time, check. Grey's Anatomy, check... the list goes on and on.

We got there at the perfect time, there was not a long line at all but by the time we sat down to eat the line was out the door... I'm guessing Fantasmic had just been let out.

For dinner, I got the Fried Fish and French Fries, Chocolate Mousse, and a bottle of water... YUMM!!! It was lovely, fried, unhealthy goodness! I've always gotten this meal because it used to be named after the show LOST, aka the best show ever! Haha!

DSC00131.jpg

Everyone else said they enjoyed their meal too! We didn't take too long to eat and we were off. By this time I was really itching to get on a ride, so where did we find ourselves... STAR TOURS! Taylor decided not to go on with us, she's not a big rider to begin with so a motion simulator right after dinner... not up her alley.

For some reason I've never seen the Star Wars movies. Even though my dad and sister are huge fans! But even though I don't get all the references I love this line and the ride itself!

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

I love this picture, I think it's so cute!

DSC00142.jpg

Unfortunately, I did not reach my goal of being the rebel spy on this ride, that was my main goal of the trip, would I get it?? We all really enjoyed this ride... For some reason Andrea could not stop laughing during the ride... I really have no clue why haha! But I think that meant she was enjoying herself...

We found Taylor on the way out and then made our way over to...

DSC00143.jpg

Only Jackie and Andrea wanted to ride. Yea I know. I call myself a Disney fan and I don't like Tower of Terror?!?! Yea, I rode it once a couple years ago and it's just not my cup of tea... so Taylor and I went to look in some of the gift shops along Sunset Boulevard while they rode. It was barely fifteen minutes later before they called us and said they had finished. They both enjoyed the ride. Jackie said the scariest part was the beginning, not the dropping part. They both said the view from the top was even cooler at night!

Even though there were EMH that night, we were all tired from our long day of traveling... such a bad DISer, leaving only one hour into EMH, at least we got two rides in. We thought maybe we would try to get one more in. I had checked the wait for RnRC on the Mobile Magic app and it was only 20 minutes so we went to check it out, but apparently so did everyone else. The line extended halfway through the courtyard. We were all tired so we just decided to end our night.

We walked out through the gift shops and started thinking about what to buy, but that wouldn't come until later. I did take this cute pic of me with the Lotso pillow pet I wanted. Yes, I know Lotso was the bad guy but he's so cute and he smells like STRAWBERRIES! I just wanted to cuddle with him!! Yes, I really wanted a stuffed animal... I promise, I am 17, I just don't act like it :wave2: Would I get the Lotso pillow pet by the end of the trip? He would have to fight a few other stuffed animals so we would see (I told myself only ONE stuffed animal on my 17th birthday trip!)

DSC00144.jpg

Seems like you had a great time, can't wait to read more especially knowing that with 4 girls in one room for more then a few days there will probably be some crazyness coming up!!

Hey everyone!!! Sorry I've been so MIA from the DIS lately! My life suddenly got really busy again with work, but I guess I can't complain about that considering I'm trying to save money for a possible future trip to DISNEY! No real plans... just some random ideas. Then last week cheering started so that took over my life. I'm also trying to finish up my summer work for school. NINE DAYS until the beginning of the end... AKA the start of my senior year! So excited!!!! So yea, I've had a long two weeks so this is my day to relax, catch up on the DIS, and watch the Princess Diaries movies on ABC Family.... sounds like a perfect day to me.

Hopefully you stuck around through that boring life update to get to the real update....

Rude Awakening

Seeing as this was the start of our first day in Disney I assumed everyone would be like me and want to get up early and get to the parks! So the night before I asked everyone if I could set a wake up call, everyone agreed... however, the next morning we would get all get a rude awakening.

When Mickey called at 7:45 that morning I jumped right out of bed and into the shower. But when I got out NO ONE HAD MOVED!!!! WHAT!?!?!? This was how our week was going to go??? I was not a happy camper! I wanted to go to the parks!

Somehow I got Jackie to get up and showered, but Taylor and Andrea had rolled over and gone back to bed! Jackie and I volunteered to walk to OPR to get breakfast and fill up our mugs as long as they promised to be ready by the time we got back. We went and picked everything up and as we were walking back I was praying that they had kept to their promise... Thankfully they did!! We all sat down to eat breakfast before leaving.

My chocolate croissant!!! I had seen these all over the DIS but had never had one! It was delicious! Buttery and chocolatey!!! These became by obsession and I would eat three or four more over the next week!

DSC00145.jpg

After we finished breakfast we had a few last things to get ready and we were out of the door a little after ten... not great by any means, but not horrible... I guess.

DSC00146.jpg

DSC02538.jpg

DSC02539.jpg

Walking up to the bus stop we saw that there was a bus waiting so we did what any normal person would do and RAN!!! We hoped it was our bus and it was! And so begins our good luck with buses!!! And which bus was it... MAGIC KINGDOM OF COURSE!!!! Where else do you go on your first morning in Disney!?!?

On the bus we decided to pass the time by taking pictures like usual... this time we decided to post the pictures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc... you know, just to make everyone jealous that we were on our way to the MAGIC KINGDOM IN DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC00147.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

Along the way we passed the best street sign ever!!! How much do you wish this was your address??

DSC00161.jpg

Very shortly we were passing under this amazing archway!

DSC02545.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

We got off the bus and made our way to the entrance! Of course there were crowds but I was in the Magic Kingdom with my best friends! I wasn't going to let a few people ruin this moment for me!

DSC00155.jpg

DSC02549.jpg

DSC02548.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

We made our way into the park... Oh wait... I just realized what I just typed... WE WERE IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC00158.jpg

Now at this point, Taylor's dad turns around and asks me whether the castle is right around that corner... I wasn't sure where he was going with this but I said yes, of course. He proceeded to cover Jackie's eyes and then I finally caught on... None of us told her what was going on but we positioned her right in the middle of Main Street and got our cameras ready to capture the moment she first saw the castle!

Warning... MAGICAL MOMENT AHEAD!

DSC00159.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

To me, this moment was a defining moment of our trip. As amazing as the rides and other aspects are, these are the things that make Disney World special. I don't think anyone could tell me there was no magic in that moment! In was just perfect and I'm so happy Taylor's dad thought of it! I know Jackie loved it and I think we all enjoyed getting to see in for the first time again through Jackie's eyes! And it didn't matter that there was construction on Main Street that partially blocked our view or anything like that... nothing was going to take away from the perfection of this magical moment.

Now, the traditional onslaught of Castle pictures!!!!

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC02555.jpg

DSC02556.jpg

BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!!!

DSC02557.jpg

Our first stop was not a ride unfortunately, instead we went into the Emporium... This would become a theme of the trip, Taylor really like shopping. Not that I mind shopping, I mean, I love it just as much as any other teenage girl (trust me, I've been to the mall three times this week!), but at 10:30 in the morning I would have rather been running towards a ride. Also, the merchandise is pretty much similar in the major shops but it was fine, we still got everything done.

This morning however I was fine with shopping because Taylor and Andrea had something very important to buy. What was so important you say???

DSC00162.jpg

MOUSE EARS OF COURSE!!!!!

(And although this reference isn't very Disney-friendly, I'm sure there are some other teenage girls reading this that know what we're talking about when I say that it became a running joke to say "I'm a mouse, DUH!" whenever one of us would wear ears! MEAN GIRLS FTW!)

Coming up next... will we ever get on a ride???

To Infinity and Beyond... Shortly

We walked out of the Emporium and went to cross Main Street when we ran into the Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it! Dance Party! So we did what anyone would do.... stop and watch!

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

After watching to parade we crossed Main Street and entered Tomorrowland! What was our destination... to get these!!!

DSC00193.jpg

The return time was only about an hour away so we didn't want to go far, but we wanted to make a classic our first ride so we headed over to FANTASYLAND! With so many classics to pick from what would we choose... DUMBO!!!!! This was just prior to the opening of the second Dumbo and the carnival tent but it was still great! The wait was posted at 40 minutes but it only ended up being about twenty minutes.

As usual.... We passed the time by taking pictures... First of ourselves...

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

Then of the ride... I loved the new water feature underneath the Dumbos (is that the correct plural? Dumbos???)

DSC00175.jpg

Finally, in the ride before we got on the lady behind us offered to take a picture... Really, after fifteen minutes of watching us switch between pictures of two or three of us or stretching our arms out trying to get all of us... but whatever, thanks person behind us! It came out to be a really great picture!

DSC00176.jpg

We then loaded onto the ride and I got some really cute pictures of Jackie and Taylor in the elephant behind us!!

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

I got to sit with this girl!!

DSC00179.jpg

I just loved Andrea this trip! She's so funny! Somehow halfway through the ride we came up with the idea "Operation: Make Dumbo a Thrill Ride" yea... only we would take the mellowest of mellow rides and have fun with it! We took hold of the controls and went up and down very quickly.... yea, it was still a very mellow "thrill" ride.

I also tried to get some pictures of the New Fantasyland construction but nothing came out well... darn, well it's gonna be done in a couple months anyway! SO EXCITED!!!!

On the way out of the Dumbo area I just saw the perfect shadow to take the classic picture...

DSC00185.jpg

After Dumbo we made our way back to Tomorrowland, but our Fastpasses weren't good for another ten minutes so we headed for the BEST RIDE EVER!!!! THE PEOPLEMOVER!!!!!!!!

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

Such a beauty right here...

DSC00188.jpg

Inside Space Mountain here we go!!!!

DSC00192.jpg

This was originally when the "No Questions! Experience!" quote started... Andrea and Jackie started freaking out in the darkness part of the ride because they thought the vehicle was gonna drop or something and couldn't see haha!

We got off the ride at exactly 11:59, one minute before our FP time. Jackie and I volunteered to run to Space Mountain and pick these up. Only three hours out at noon, not too bad.

DSC00249.jpg

Finally, we entered the Buzz Lightyear queue! Another on line picture!!!

As a huge Toy Story fan I just love this line... not as much as TSM or anything, but it's still awesome!

DSC00200.jpg

I am normally not very good at this ride at all! I can never find any of the special targets... But this time I must have found one because I got a decent score. I was so proud of myself until we got off and Taylor told me her score.... she beat me by 100 POINTS!!! NOT FAIR!!!!

My score:

DSC00201.jpg

The first set of redneck ride pictures of the trip!

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

After getting off Buzz we all agreed that we were hungry so we headed over to Cosmic Ray's. I can't say how I feel about the layout of this restaurant with the different bays... It makes the lines shorter and less hectic but you can't really change your mind about what you want. Thankfully, that's not a problem for the picky-eater in me... I was heading straight for the chicken nuggets! Then, once you get your food you wait in line to get a table. The line looked long but it did not take any longer than five minutes and this was at 12:30, prime lunch time. Once you got into the dining area, it wasn't as crowded so the line was a great idea. I thought we had a problem because we were waiting on Andrea and Taylor's dad who had a longer line at there bay, but that turned out not to be a problem, they still gave us a table for five and they just followed down later.

My chicken fingers and fries...

DSC00206.jpg

And chocolate cake...

DSC00207.jpg

As for the food, standard Disney fare. But in case I haven't said it yet, to me there is nothing wrong with that. I love the Disney fare, so I thought it was delicious!!!

Coming up next... Another Classic!!

Great report so far. Seems like you girls are having tons of fun!! What a magical moment for your friend to see the castle for the first time :thumbsup2. Looking forward to next update :) -Amanda

Great report so far. Seems like you girls are having tons of fun!! What a magical moment for your friend to see the castle for the first time :thumbsup2. Looking forward to next update :) -Amanda

Thanks for reading! I'm glad that the fun we had is coming across through this report, that was the most important part of the trip for us!

It's a Small World After All!

I wish that this chapter title was a witty pun about how we ran into someone we know in Disney proving that it truly is a small world, but no. We just went on the ride after lunch!

DSC00209.jpg

I don't get how people can't like this ride. Yes I know the song is annoying and gets stuck in your head and the dolls can give a person serious nightmares... but it's always been a favorite for me! When I was younger I used to make my grandmother ride in over and over again while everyone else rode the mountains I was too little for, so it holds a special place in my heart!

I was mad because when we went under this I tried to take like four pictures and they were all blurry, but later when I downloaded Taylor's pictures I saw that she had gotten a good shot!

DSC02594.jpg

I promise I won't overload you with Small World pictures, but I do have to post a few :)

First, England! Always my favorite!!! My grandmother is from England and we still have family over there. Five years ago we got to go on a trip to London and see everyone and it was amazing! I love travel and as one of the first times I traveled internationally, and the first time I went transatlantic, England holds such a special place in my heart! I really want to study abroad there in college, if it comes between that and doing to DCP I don't know what I'd do!!! Ok, that turned way too long! Here are the pics that started that rant!

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

Next, Spain... but more importantly DON QUIJOTE!!!!! Taylor and I had to read this novel in our Spanish class this past year so when we saw this we both squealed! I had seen this before but had no idea what windmills had to do with Spain! Gosh I hated that book... no clue why it's a literary masterpiece, but it could be that I didn't quite understand everything since it was in Spanish...

DSC00224.jpg

No story behind this one... I just always think this room is pretty :)

DSC00239.jpg

We tried counting how many of these we recognized. I forget what the actual number was, but it was a pretty decent amount I know.

DSC00241.jpg

After Small World Taylor and her dad decided they wanted to go back to CBR, so Jackie, Andrea, and I just kind of started walking around. I know at one point we ended up walking towards Pirates, then we wanted to do more Fantasyland classics... we didn't end up riding anything, we did end up at the Castle at one point and watched a little of Dream Along with Mickey! I just love this show!!

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00248.jpg

After that we had another one of our best moments of the trip! We realized we still had five Space Mountain FPs. There were only three of us left, and we didn't want to stick around for our time. We decided to start walking in that direction to see who we could give them to. I saw this family that reminded me of my family somehow, so we picked them. Sometimes people look at you like you have three heads when you offer them FPs so I was afraid of what they'd say. But I didn't have to be, at first they kind of looked at us funny but as soon as we got out "Do you want our Space Mountain Fastpasses" the lady's eyes just lit up and she was like "Really??? Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!" We could just tell that we had made their day a little better and we felt good about it. Pay it Forward and all right??

We made our way back to Main Street and cut through the Emporium to exit the park. We looked around for a little bit and exited at 2:50. I convinced them to stick around for the parade... I didn't think we'd get a spot at all but we walked out the front of the Emporium and saw that the area right as the parade comes out barely had anyone there. DISNEY TIP! This is a great spot to watch the parade. There were barely any crowds until almost 3:00 and the parade started right at three, you didn't have to wait until twenty after to see it. Without further ado, my pictures! With my commentary of course!

Took some pictures of the scenery while waiting...

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

My lovely companions waiting for the parade...

DSC00252.jpg

WHOOO!!!! IT'S STARTING!!

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

WOODY!!!! MY BOY!!!! (More on him later in the week! Trust me!)

DSC00257.jpg

MICKEY!!!!!! THE BIG CHEESE!!!! AND MINNIE!!!!!!

DSC00260.jpg

Does anyone Once Upon a Time... looking at these pictures I don't only see the princesses of my childhood, but the characters on that show as well! See this isn't just Snow White who hangs out with the Dwarves and gets Poisoned... but Ginnifer Goodwin who likes to kick butt and then gets her memory wiped and ends up in a small town in Maine... sorry for the people who don't watch this show and don't get this, you should watch though! It's great! Season 2 starts next month! Snow White was always my least favorite princess but since I started watching this show I love her!

DSC00266.jpg

My favorite movie!!!! Cindy was always my favorite princess! (In the show she is a pregnant teenager...)

DSC00275.jpg

Beauty and the Beast! My second favorite movie! Or, in Once Upon a Time, they are Rumpelstiltskin and Claire from LOST (Another one of my favorite shows! Miss that show!)

DSC00278.jpg

The Little Mermaid and Rapunzel! They haven't had either one of these couples on the show yet, hopefully this season!

DSC00282.jpg

After the parade ended we were able to scoot right out the exit and made our way to the bus stop. Unfortunately a CBR bus was pulling out right as we walked up BOOO!!!!! We got comfy and waited...

DSC00285.jpg

Don't worry! We were still having good bus luck! We weren't waiting long when this bus pulled up!!!

DSC00286.jpg

We hopped on and were off to CBR! Once we got there, Andrea and I decided to take a quick jump in the pool before getting ready for dinner and Jackie took a shower. Taylor and her dad were taking a walk to OPR at this point.

Coming up... Our first dinner ADR, where would we be going??

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Once we got back from our swim, we got changed and ready for dinner. Switched out my big day bag for my small purse, took some obligatory pictures, and we were out!

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

We left the room and realized we didn't know where Andrea or her dad were... didn't take long to find them, we looked over the railing, and there they were already waiting for us... and we thought we were ahead of them.

DSC02600.jpg

Then Andrea started doing some odd dance moves... and I caught them on camera :)

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

After that we all made our way to the bus stop to go to our park of the night.... which park??? EPCOT!!!! And why were we going to Epcot???? (As if we need a reason?!?!) For our first ADR of course! With so many great restaurants in Epcot you can bet that we'd be eating a fair few this week!

On our way to Epcot, we noticed the skies getting darker... we just wanted the rain to hold out until we got to the restaurant, then it could rain for an hour and we would be safely inside... But no, as we were pulling into the bus stop at Epcot it started to pour. Thank God I hadn't spent time doing my hair! The walk from the buses to the turnstiles is mostly covered which was nice! We stopped at the gift shop under SSE to break down and buy the Disney ponchos! Since our ADR time was approaching we couldn't wait out the storm so we put on our ponchos and went into the storm... Because of the rain I didn't get any pictures at that time, but there are plenty more coming!

We walked through the storm and water was flying everywhere but we were getting to that dinner!!! Where is this dinner you ask....

DSC00291.jpg

Les Chefs de France!!!!

This was Andrea's meal to celebrate her birthday! She loves France and wants to go to Paris one day so this was a substitute for right now! We walked under the awning and there were so many people there. I think some people were trying to get a walk up because of the rain. When we got to the front desk and said we actually had a reservation they were very happy. We had a little bit of a wait.

Waiting picture.

DSC00292.jpg

Soon we made our way inside to a lovely table next to the window. Very good for people watching

The front of the menu.

DSC00296.jpg

Our view from the windows

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

The placemat

DSC00301.jpg

We ended up getting a female server... wahhh there were so many cute men to pick from! It's ok, we still had a good view of the waiters ;) Our waitress, I forget her name, was polite and decent, just not overly personable. She was very efficient, filling our drinks and bread often.

Speaking of which, let's get on to the food!

The bread, sorry it looked so good I just had to rip off a piece and take a bite before remembering to take a picture. This was so good! Probably the best of the trip! I just love bread! THis was nice and warm and delicious!!!

DSC00302.jpg

For dinner I got the Filet but asked for it without the sauce on top, and they were very accommodating. I asked for it cooked medium and it was nice and pink in the center, perfect. It was a little tough for filet. Pretty good, but nothing spectacular.

DSC00303.jpg

As we were eating our dinner we saw Sleeping Beauty walk by outside with her handlers! It was like a celeb spotting in Hollywood! So of course I had to snap a pic!

DSC00304.jpg

Since we had put Andrea's birthday on the reservation they brought her dessert over along with singing waiters... sadly none of the reallllly hot ones... mostly girls, awwwww

DSC00305.jpg

We all agreed that dessert was the highlight of this meal. Between our five desserts, we had three different ones and they were all pretty good. I forget what everyone else had but I had the profiteroles and they we DELICIOUS!!!!

DSC00306.jpg

I had seen these on a bunch of dining reviews and they definitely lived up to the hype! The chocolate sauce was great and the pastry was nice and fluffy. YUMMM!! I could really go for some right now!

Our overall consensus was that this meal was good but nothing spectacular... and the desserts were great! We paid and made our way out of the restaurant with full bellies ready for a nice night strolling the World Showcase!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter