No reservations before 8:00 for Steakhouse 71 at 60 days +10?

BillSears

DIS Veteran
I made my reservations this morning and I couldn't find any Reservations for Steakhouse 71 dinner before 8:00. I started at 7:00 AM and I got Up Close with Rhinos and Space 220 but there were no dinner reservations for Steakhouse 71 that weren't after 8:00 PM. Are these times closed off for convention attendees? Will the reservations open later? Or is Steakhouse 71 now the hardest reservation to get?

I find it hard to believe SH71 is booked that far out. It hasn't been that difficult of a reservation, so I'd keep looking and keep trying. How many people?

Just one person. I've been looking around on this forum and it seems some other restaurants have had similar issues in the past. Where 60+10 days out there were no reservations for San Angel and some others. Disney may have an issue with some restaurants showing sold out and then having reservations opening up. I'll check back later this week. Thanks.

I’m assuming you know that unless it’s a prepay like CRT, you shouldn’t search for 1 since Disney doesn’t like odd numbers or singles in their reservation system.

I got Steakhouse 71 at 6 PM on Sept. 9 by booking for 4. I then went back and immediately modified to 1 which the system was happy to do.

When I travel solo, I always search for at least 2 but 4 if I need to.

I put in a search for September 14th for 1 and 2 people. Earliest was 8:20. I put in a search for 4 people and saw 6:20. So that may be part of it.

I picked a date later in my trip and was able to see earlier reservations with a party size of 2. I reserved one and then after reserving I changed the party size to 1.

Thanks for the suggestions on how to work around this crazy Disney reservation system. They really should make it easier for the smaller party sizes.

Thanks all for the 'book for 4 tip'. It'll just be DH & I but now I know what to do if 'party of two' gets us an 8 pm or later ressie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter