No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

What a fabulous morning you had! Such low crowds/ wait time! I love how empty Frontierland looked! And so funny that you kept encountering the same 2 guys!

I felt like they were everywhere! They must have good planning skills :rotfl2:

Those emoji stuffies are so cute!

Balloon pictures are always the best on Main Street!

Even if you left the park at 12:30, you still had a super successful morning!

Haha hey at least you were able to eat lunch and do laundry at the same time!

I loved them so much! I think it was the reversible factor. I also play the Disney Emoji Blitz game on my phone, so I was extra into it!

The balloons are so pretty and they add are a perfect complement to the castle in photos!!

I think I had a very good morning, and I was a little surprised by the time. I felt like I'd been at the park for hours (and I guess I had, but not has many hours as usual!). I was kind of amazed at how quickly one can get around the park alone.

Haha, the laundry/lunch combo meal...on sale now for just $9.99! They should run a special :rotfl:

Looks like a fun morning at MK. I always hate coming back and the room isn't done yet. It's hard to hang out and wait for the mouse keepers. AKL does have some nice areas to explore.

The wait for mousekeeping is so awkward! I had things I needed to do and it felt like wasting time just sitting. I mean, I had wanted to rest, but it isn't very restful when you know you're waiting to get back into your room. I considered just hanging the sign and not worrying about it, but I needed new shampoo and the trash taken out. (and they also left a free bottle of water every day, so I liked getting that!!)

All caught up!

I LOVE PPO meals, it even gets me to wake up in the morning! DH loves them even more than me because then he can ride Mine train multiple times.

Haha cute! I love WDW ducks! Maybe cos one of them is named Donald.

I love it when the Castle is crowd-free! Sadly it is rare now.

It sure is!

Hahaha!

I actually really enjoy breakfast at BoG. It is not that much different than having breakfast at a fancy place in NYC, and I would much rather have breakfast at WDW!

I always get this too. I did prefer the baguette but that's cos I like crunchy breads. I like croissants but the bottom of the croissant got soggy so I just ate the top!

Uh Oh, that is the worst! I hope they found it!

The power of FP+!! It always astonishes me how PP goes from 0 wait to 40 minutes in a span of 15 minutes within park opening.

I always listen to Disney music when I write my TRs and we watched the live stream too!

That's a great idea! Maybe we can get our girls trip started with your CM discount!:thumbsup2

That's an amazing idea! You have great ideas, they should name you honorary imagineer!

Apparently everyone has flocked to the character meets today!

Never noticed that either thanks for point it out!

Well when you get to be imagineer you can probably drum one up yourself. :rotfl:

Me too, great shot! Reminds me that I have to get another balloon shot soon!

Yeah we saw those lines too! But if you go during the FoF parade apparently Mickey has barely any wait.

YUM I'd take nuggets and laundry at Disney any day over laundry at home. Haha.

I feel the same about PPO breakfasts making it easier to get up in the morning! Disney is the only place I actually enjoy being up early :rotfl:
I didn't see as many Disney Ducks this time, so I was happy to see that one reporting for work, haha! I do have an encounter with a squirrel on the next day though...:scared1:

I should definitely be an honorary imagineer!! If I can't win the lottery to bring all of you to WDW, I will just get you in on that employee discount :rotfl:
(My big regret is that I never got to use my CM discount at Disney World when I worked at the Disney Store. But the job DH had at the time would not have made it possible to take that much time off. )

Everyone must have been visiting characters that day. This was May 4th, and I don't think the weather was that bad?? Maybe kind of humid, but I feel like this is one of the days the weather was most manageable. (I know the next day is) Maybe everyone wanted to be inside instead of outside? I have no idea!

I'm considering a FP for Mickey in October with my mom, but I'm not sure yet. I'm kind of creeped out by talking Mickey! I know we'll meet him at the Character Spot in Epcot, so I feel like I can avoid the talking version forever and ever :rotfl2:

Disney laundry is ALWAYS better than home laundry!! (home laundry is exactly what I need to be doing right now, but...:confused3)

Beautiful pictures as always. I love that area by Rapunzel's tower it so well done.
I like your ride photo on Splash.
This November my older DD and her family are going to Disney a week before us in November. We have a couple days that overlap and Dumbo is the one ride my 4 years old granddaughter is most excited about. Can't wait for her to see Storybook circus.
We saw the GOTG2 bus in May very cool.
AKL has a nice laundry area.

The Rapunzel area is so beautiful! Even though it's just the restrooms/charging area, I'm so glad they included it in the park. It just looks so perfect!!

Aww, she will love the Storybook Circus area! It's so cute, and I hope her Dumbo ride is amazing :lovestruc It's one of the rides I'm most excited to take my mom on!!

I love the buses with the themed wraps! My youngest LOVES Ant Man, and we got excited to see those a couple of years ago. I think I took a picture every time I saw one, LOL!!

I was really impressed with their laundry area! I know it's not the most glamorous thing to take pictures of on a vacation, but it was super nice! People need to know!! :rotfl:

Good morning!! Friday, woohoo!!

I'm going to finish off this MK day in two posts. I have too many photos for one, but as soon as I get the first section finished I'll immediately get to work on the second part to get things moving along!! After these two updates, we only have my last day and departure day left to go!

Here we are with...

Chapter Five Part Four

There is no more laundry in this chapter! Everyone rejoice!! We're back to some in-the-park fun!

I had finally returned to my room after mousekeeping, rested, showered, changed, and all that other boring stuff, and headed back to Magic Kingdom for the evening...and for my goodbye to Wishes :sad:pixiedust:

Continuing with the "It's a long walk to/from the AK bus so let's take a monorail pic to kill time" thing from before:

The first rule of monorail is, if you see a monorail you take a picture of a monorail.

Hey, let's keep this consistency going and do another Main Street balloon picture too, while we're at it. Why not??

You'll notice a couple of changes from the similar pictures from early in the day...more people and more clouds. The pretty blue sky from this morning was gone for now and it was getting gray and cloudy.

I decided to brave the ugly scrim and visit the Emporium for awhile. I wanted to buy the AP holder Wishes shirt!!

I also found this awesome 80s/90s-esque Minnie:

I thought she was awesome. There was another Mickey and Minnie plush that I loved and almost bought every time I was in a store, with big anime style eyes and bright colors, but I never managed to photograph them. Seems odd since I was apparently in a plush photo taking mood on this day!!

Anyway, I wandered through The Emporium, eventually getting my Wishes shirt.
I had asked the CMs about the AP version, and they said they didn't know if they had any. So I bought the regular Goodbye Wishes shirt, and as I was getting ready to leave, one of the CMs came over with the AP version! So I returned the plain one and excitedly claimed my AP shirt. It will show up in the next chapter!!

I noticed people lining up along sidewalks and sitting in groups, and thinking it was AWFULLY early to be staking out a spot for Wishes, I realized they were there for Move it, Shake it.

I decided to hang around and catch part of it, since I was waiting for my first Fast Pass time to open up. I wanted to see Nick and Judy!! Unfortunately, there was an announcement that it wasn't going to take place this evening, so I kept moving.

What is the number one BEST way to kill time in allll of Magic Kingdom??

With the Country Bears!!!!! Even better, a show was just getting ready to start and I managed to get in right before they closed the doors.

I never miss the Country Bears, and hadn't seen them yet this trip, so it worked out perfectly.

After having a foot stompin' good time with my old pals, I left the theater with the plan of just meandering slowly toward the Haunted Mansion for my fast pass, stopping in shops along the way to waste a little more time because I wanted to hit the FP toward the middle/end of the window. But THEN I had an amazing surprise.

The Frontierland Hoedown was happening!! Ahh!! I was so excited to see all of the characters out dancing!!

(the CMs look so bored in this shot, lol!!)

The hoedown ended and the characters mingled with the guests for a minute before clearing out, and I was happy to get pictures!

Horace Horsecollar!! Ahh!!

Then suddenly, it was like this slo-mo magical moment...Big Al was walking RIGHT TOWARD me. Big Al is the BEST Country Bear!! I was thrilled to finally say hello to him and get a picture...and then the guy behind me bumped into me and stuck his own camera ON TOP OF MY HEAD to get his own shot. Leading me to end up with this:

I whirled around and in a not-very-Disney-friendly tone informed him that despite appearances, I was not a tripod, thankyouverymuch. You know what he did??

Shrugged and walked away.

You know in movies or shows when they show that scene of someone throwing themselves across a table to attack someone (I'm thinking in particular of Monster in Law or the episode of The Middle when Axel is dating the girl from Spy Kids) and then it stops and shows that it's just in the character's imagination?? That might have happened to me just then!

Ugh.

By the time all nonsense was over, the characters were gone and the pathway was clear again, so I walked on over to Haunted Mansion for my fast pass. Everyone else must have been killing time for that at the Hoedown too, because there were several people in front of me.

I let them all go through and tried to get artsy with the roses in front of the Mansion:

I missed going into the Mansion after my little flower picture detour, but they were moving everyone through pretty quickly so my wait wasn't long, and soon I was reunited with the Happy Haunts.

**side note...on our December trip, DH had put that I was celebrating my birthday (which I didn't want him to do, because my bday is in February) and the ghosts kept hitting me in the face with a birthday cake every time we rode during that trip. I guess it somehow stuck, because the SAME THING happened every trip through the mansion this time when I got to the Hitchhiking Ghost part.

In an effort to keep mixing it up and sharing different HM pictures, here's a really terrible one of the pet cemetery:

After this, I had two specific goals in mind: Dinner and my second Fast Pass. Both were nearby, so Fantasyland, here I come!

On the way, I detoured through It's a Small World.

I was given the red time card, which you can see peeking into the corner of this picture:

I'm here to give you the best quality experience here, guys :rotfl2:I should go into the photo business, obviously.

Even though the wait was posted at 15 minutes, it was loading quickly and was essentially walk on. A 5 minute wait time would have been more accurate.

As the boat was getting ready to sail away, the clock went off and I was sooo excited. I always miss seeing it!

This was not my favorite sail around the world...the couple behind me were loud and obnoxious and had commentary about everything and the guy was the worst. At first I thought he was drunk, but then I heard the girl talking about landing at the airport this morning (they were Australian) and figured maybe they were just loopy from being tired?? Always trying to give the benefit of the doubt over here, but I wanted to dump the guy into the water!!

My second fast pass window had opened by the time I exited the ride, but I was hungry and decided that I'd eat before riding rather than after. I was afraid that if I didn't eat now, I'd talk myself out of it later in order to wait for Wishes, and then I'd be mad at myself and starving later.

I wanted Friar's Nook and the roast beef mac and cheese. This was a priority for me, and I think I even mentioned it in my PTR!

Unfortunately, when I got up there, it was nowhere on the menu, and had been replaced by BBQ chicken mac and cheese. No thanks! :crazy2:

So it was plain for me, but still sooo good!

When I first got it, I didn't think it looked like all that much food, but about halfway in I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to finish! It was so good though, that I stuck it out and finished all of it. The crispy, buttery panko on top was pretty irresistible.

Now it was finally time to take advantage of my next Fast Pass for...Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! The line was pretty long:

but moved fairly quickly, and soon I was zipping through the mine with those seven bearded Snow friends!

I got to sit up front which was a first. I like this ride anyway, but being in the front was definitely the best!

I hate the way I look in this ride photo, but I LOVE the woman next to me looking back over her shoulder at her son. I thought it was so cute!

Goodbye Snow White, it's been real! Don't eat any apples, ok??

Next part coming up as quick as I can type it!

Last edited:
I also found this awesome 80s/90s-esque Minnie:

I thought she was awesome. There was another Mickey and Minnie plush that I loved and almost bought every time I was in a store, with big anime style eyes and bright colors, but I never managed to photograph them. Seems odd since I was apparently in a plush photo taking mood on this day!!
I bought that for my daughter! She was a bit 'meh' about it (she's 3) but I loved it so she was my excuse to buy it!

Chapter Five Part Five

After my trip through the mine, I knew I needed to be mindful of the time so I could get a decent viewing spot for Wishes. I figured I had time for at least one more thing before heading to the hub, so I kept moving.

I did stop to admire the lanterns in the trees by the teacups, and briefly considered riding, but thought it might be super awkward by myself.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143888229@N08/

Saw more ugly construction walls on my walk through the park:

While here, I helped a family go the right direction for Barnstormer, as they were going the complete opposite way. I kept on going to Tomorrowland.

I wanted to take one more spin on the People Mover before staking out my Wishes spot.

How many different angles can you photograph the castle from on the People Mover?? It seems like I was trying to figure that out here:

I think the last one is my favorite!!

The car rolled back into the station. I was people. It had moved me. Success.

It was time to get into Goodbye Wishes mode...it was sad!

Bye Tomorrowland!!

I was starting to have a little Post Disney Depression creeping in already, since I wasn't really planning on being back in the Magic Kingdom again after this. :sad::sad:

I decided to check out the Hub Grass and see what the crowd situation was...it was pretty good! As just one person, I don't take up a lot of space, so I knew I could cram in if I needed to, but it turns out I didn't have to cram at all. There was still a lot of room, even with one hour to showtime. There was a big open space so I walked toward it and noticed the guys from this morning sitting there. I asked if anyone had claimed the spot, they said no, so I claimed it for my own!

I sat and this was my view:

It was so nice. I had room to sit comfortably! A Wishes miracle!

I took a LOT of castle pictures. Every time the light changed :rotfl: Too much is not enough!

I facetimed DH and the kids while waiting to pass the time.

Everyone was still sitting until about 5 minutes til showtime when two older men walked up and stood by the fencing around the topiaries in front of me. We were all super annoyed by them, because it meant the rest of us had to stand for the show, and I think by then everyone around me was pretty content to stay seated.

So we all got to our feet and prepared for Wishes to begin.

The music began and as if by magic...everyone raised their phones :rotfl2:

Nothing like watching a nighttime show through someone else's phone screen, right??

I wanted to really immerse myself in it tonight, since it would be my last time seeing Wishes, so I elected to skip picture taking for the most part. I did video some of it, and got some still shots from that.

We did have a kid-on-shoulders situation up ahead:

It wasn't as bad as the preteen girls who were climbing on the fence around the topiaries though (the older gentlemen who forced us all to stand had moved on to another area), it was actually kind of cute!

After some initial noisiness from the people around me, everything eventually settled down and it was quiet as we all stood together to say our goodbyes to such a special show.

Farewell, Wishes. You will be so missed!!

After a lovely show, my intention was to hang around and wait for Once Upon A Time. I had called DH again, and he was encouraging me to stay, but I didn't want to deal with another long wait for the buses, so I made the decision to leave.

Goodbye Magic Kingdom!! I'll see you in October!!

I was sad to leave the park because I knew the next day was my last full park day. I did have a very important DisMeet the next evening to look forward to though, which certainly helped my mood!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

The Frontier Hoedown looks like fun. I can not believe people sometimes :sad2: but your response was perfect :rotfl:
That's funny about getting hit with the cake at the end of HM
I had read on another trip report at the end of IASW her DH name appeared with hers even though she was solo that trip.
I don't blame you skipping the BBQ mac and cheese :crazy2:
We always request the front for all the coasters even if we have to wait. It's the best and I like your ride photo.

I'm glad you were able to find a good spot for Wishes. While I will miss it we saw HEA in May and were blown away. The projections and fireworks are so amazing. Your Mom and you will love it.

Such a cute Minnie plush! Glad you were able to get your AP shirt!

Woo hoo what a Country Bear filled afternoon! But UGH at that man ruining your Big Al shot!!

What a great time to ride People Mover, such beautiful sunset pics!

You got a great spot for Wishes!! Love the shots you were able to get.

Always sad to say goodbye to MK but it sounds like it was a really great day!!

A ride where you swing around on her hair? I'm afraid I'd get motion sick depending on how it was done. No 3D!! Or maybe something where you ride Maximus around while trying to escape? Escape from who I'm not sure - Mother Gothel or the castle guards maybe? In the new cartoon on Disney channel she is always sneaking out of the castle and going on adventures, so if they did it Star Tours style they could do a bunch of different scenarios like that.

If there was a ride where you swung around on here hair I think we're better off not having that :crazy2: Maybe you could ride a little boat and see the lanterns :rotfl: That's the least motion sick inducing thing I can come up with.

If I ever win Powerball or Mega Millions, I'm going to rent out the park and invite all of you guys to come play in an empty park!!

:cheer2:

I. Emma Spook makes me giggle way more than it should. I do not know why it strikes me so funny, but even typing it now made me chuckle!!

Wee G. Board :rotfl:

There is no more laundry in this chapter!

I always make Josh do the laundry :rotfl:

The Frontierland Hoedown was happening!!

We caught the end of that one day! Josh had no idea what I was talking about.

Then suddenly, it was like this slo-mo magical moment...Big Al was walking RIGHT TOWARD me. Big Al is the BEST Country Bear!! I was thrilled to finally say hello to him and get a picture...and then the guy behind me bumped into me and stuck his own camera ON TOP OF MY HEAD to get his own shot.

Maybe it was the guy that put his camera on top of the butterfly when I was in the butterfly garden? :rotfl:

I let them all go through and tried to get artsy with the roses in front of the Mansion:

Ooo I like it!

I was people. It had moved me. Success.

:laughing:

I did have a very important DisMeet the next evening to look forward to though, which certainly helped my mood!!
:thumbsup2

Big Al is the BEST Country Bear!! I was thrilled to finally say hello to him and get a picture...and then the guy behind me bumped into me and stuck his own camera ON TOP OF MY HEAD to get his own shot. Leading me to end up with this:I whirled around and in a not-very-Disney-friendly tone informed him that despite appearances, I was not a tripod, thankyouverymuch. You know what he did? Shrugged and walked away.

raw

I love this one too.

I hate the way I look in this ride photo, but I LOVE the woman next to me looking back over her shoulder at her son. I thought it was so cute!
I love that you said this, because as a mom, I would also look at this and be like "aww, I'm glad she has this moment" :lovestruc

The first rule of monorail is, if you see a monorail you take a picture of a monorail.

Of course.

The Frontierland Hoedown was happening!! Ahh!! I was so excited to see all of the characters out dancing!!

So exciting! Especially with your Country Bear love! I always seem to miss this.

Then suddenly, it was like this slo-mo magical moment...Big Al was walking RIGHT TOWARD me. Big Al is the BEST Country Bear!! I was thrilled to finally say hello to him and get a picture...and then the guy behind me bumped into me and stuck his own camera ON TOP OF MY HEAD to get his own shot. Leading me to end up with this:

What. The. Heck.

I whirled around and in a not-very-Disney-friendly tone informed him that despite appearances, I was not a tripod, thankyouverymuch. You know what he did??

Shrugged and walked away.

You know in movies or shows when they show that scene of someone throwing themselves across a table to attack someone (I'm thinking in particular of Monster in Law or the episode of The Middle when Axel is dating the girl from Spy Kids) and then it stops and shows that it's just in the character's imagination?? That might have happened to me just then!

WHAT. THE. HECK???

Being on vacation just seems to zap the common sense right out of people! Like the guy who smoked me in the back of the head with his stroller getting onto the tram and didn't apologize or say a word about it when I turned around to look at him, stars in my vision. Hah.

But, like...what. the heck.

My millennial generation is showing now, but I thought of this example of imagination-attacking:

kBJovd7.gif

**side note...on our December trip, DH had put that I was celebrating my birthday (which I didn't want him to do, because my bday is in February) and the ghosts kept hitting me in the face with a birthday cake every time we rode during that trip. I guess it somehow stuck, because the SAME THING happened every trip through the mansion this time when I got to the Hitchhiking Ghost part.

This is hilarious! You're the ghost cake girl!

As the boat was getting ready to sail away, the clock went off and I was sooo excited. I always miss seeing it!

It's the little things, really.

So sweet!

I love these two <3

Bye Wishes! I already miss you so much!

Oh my gosh, I love this picture and I LOVE your shirt!!! I work in a library and I feel like I need to have this in my life :laughing:

Yes, alllll that food was for me!
Super envious. Especially of that plate 'o pastries. :cloud9:

I mean, how can you go wrong with melted brie on a buttery croissant?? You cannot.
No, you absolutely cannot.

If I ever win Powerball or Mega Millions, I'm going to rent out the park and invite all of you guys to come play in an empty park!!
I look forward to it! :thumbsup2

I wanted to hang out with one of my favorite Disney families for awhile, since it was closed the previous MK day
I have to do CoP every trip :goodvibes

and then gagging again over Tink and Mickey wait times
Remember how you've said that you find certain things unreasonably funny? I have this "issue" too and this struck a chord for me :rotfl:

Then I went to The Mara for food to go, and ate my lunch in the laundry room.

Does that sound depressing??
Yeah, a little bit :laughing: But at least you were on Disney property, right?! That sure beats doing laundry at home I suppose.

Agreed! :thumbsup2

I was thrilled to finally say hello to him and get a picture...and then the guy behind me bumped into me and stuck his own camera ON TOP OF MY HEAD to get his own shot.
What?! :sad2:

I'm here to give you the best quality experience here, guys :rotfl2:I should go into the photo business, obviously.
I don't know why it's taken you this long to realize your potential!

I was starting to have a little Post Disney Depression creeping in already, since I wasn't really planning on being back in the Magic Kingdom again after this. :sad::sad:
Ugh, I HATE that! It usually hits me the second to last day, too. And it's the worst. Also, am I the only one who gets anxious right before a Disney trip only because not only are you so close to the trip (YAY!) but you're also that much closer to it all ending :sad: I know this sounds totally neurotic, but I get that way before every trip! :sad2:

There was a big open space so I walked toward it and noticed the guys from this morning sitting there.
How funny!

Beautiful ending to the day with your Wishes farewell. Very sad, but I think you made the most of it at least :goodvibes

And with that... I'm finally caught up! You were throwing out updates at an impressive pace and I hadn't realized how far behind I'd gotten!

Here's the one good thing about my mom being a ride chicken: more meet and greets in October! We'll HAVE to take the time to do them.
Yes! That's a good trade off for not riding some of the rides :thumbsup2

Instead, I settled for a walk through the tent and found some cute things inside:
I love the Big Top tent. I always seem to find good merchandise in there, and a few things I haven't seen anywhere else. Maybe it's my imagination lol but I just like window shopping in there. Plus I can get my big chocolate chip Mickey cookie there!

I have never caught this and I want to SOOOO bad! Was it around 5, 5:30?? Must make every effort to stalk that area next month!!

I have to say, the AK laundry area IS pretty spiffy. I would've eaten nuggets in there, too!

I never miss the Country Bears, and hadn't seen them yet this trip, so it worked out perfectly.

I hadn't seen it in a while but it was a favorite of mine as a kid, so I'm glad I caught it in May!

I don't think I've ever seen this! I'll have to see if I can catch this one day.

Then suddenly, it was like this slo-mo magical moment...Big Al was walking RIGHT TOWARD me. Big Al is the BEST Country Bear!! I was thrilled to finally say hello to him and get a picture...and then the guy behind me bumped into me and stuck his own camera ON TOP OF MY HEAD to get his own shot.

UGH. How RUDE!!

tumblr_m6o5mlwD8t1rycw41o3_500.gif

Haha that's so funny!! I wonder if it recognizes your bday through the magic band?

Unfortunately, when I got up there, it was nowhere on the menu, and had been replaced by BBQ chicken mac and cheese. No thanks!

My same reaction too. I guess it's seasonal. I hope it's back this fall!
The music began and as if by magic...everyone raised their phones :rotfl2:

201300.jpg

Farewell, Wishes. You will be so missed!!

Bye Wishes!! Glad you got to catch it one last time!

The Frontier Hoedown looks like fun. I can not believe people sometimes :sad2: but your response was perfect :rotfl:
That's funny about getting hit with the cake at the end of HM
I had read on another trip report at the end of IASW her DH name appeared with hers even though she was solo that trip.
I don't blame you skipping the BBQ mac and cheese :crazy2:
We always request the front for all the coasters even if we have to wait. It's the best and I like your ride photo.

I just don't think it would ever occur to me to use a stranger's head as a place to rest my camera, but what do I know?? Anything for the perfect shot I guess :rotfl2:

That's funny about the husband's name showing up on her HM visit! DH and the kids would get the name of our state on their hitchhiking ghost sign, and I'd get the cake. I wish I knew exactly how they farmed the magic band info...I like knowing how things work!!

Being in the front is always the most fun, but I've never thought to ask to wait for it. I know that sounds silly, but I just never have!

I'm glad you were able to find a good spot for Wishes. While I will miss it we saw HEA in May and were blown away. The projections and fireworks are so amazing. Your Mom and you will love it.

I am SO EXCITED for Happily Ever After!! We have only two nights where we have a chance to watch it b/c of MNSSHP, so I want to make sure we have a great location to watch. I loved what I saw of it from the livestream (forgot to watch live, but caught it on youtube) when it began, so I know it will be awesome in person.

Such a cute Minnie plush! Glad you were able to get your AP shirt!

Woo hoo what a Country Bear filled afternoon! But UGH at that man ruining your Big Al shot!!

What a great time to ride People Mover, such beautiful sunset pics!

You got a great spot for Wishes!! Love the shots you were able to get.

Always sad to say goodbye to MK but it sounds like it was a really great day!!

The Minnie plush reminded me of my high school best friend's Minnie she had since she was little...an actual 80s Minnie. So fun!

I really wish I knew what that guy was thinking?? Like, WHY would you do that to someone??

People Mover at sunset is the BEST! I hope I can recapture that again in October.

It was a great spot to say goodbye to Wishes. Now I'm ready for Happily Ever After!

:yay::rotfl2:

An my first thought was: what jerk is going to come along and stand in front of her? Lo and behold...

I was just happy i didn't get off balance flying around a corner on People Mover and hit my head this time, LOL!!

I'm kind of surprised no one starting throwing stuff at their heads for standing. They were the ONLY people not sitting down in the area. We all could have stayed seated if they hadn't stopped there. Then, once we were all up, they moved. Typical, haha!

If there was a ride where you swung around on here hair I think we're better off not having that :crazy2: Maybe you could ride a little boat and see the lanterns :rotfl: That's the least motion sick inducing thing I can come up with.

:cheer2:

Wee G. Board :rotfl:

I always make Josh do the laundry :rotfl:

We caught the end of that one day! Josh had no idea what I was talking about.

Maybe it was the guy that put his camera on top of the butterfly when I was in the butterfly garden? :rotfl:

Ooo I like it!

:laughing:

:thumbsup2

Yeah, the more I started imagining swinging on her hair the more I decided it wasn't the best idea!! I never had motion sickness issues until Forbidden Journey, and now I feel like rides affect me more than they ever have. Not enough to stay off of anything b/c of it, but enough to make me pause and remember!

Wee G. Board makes me laugh too!! I'm picturing a child named Wee and it's hysterical. Is he a little pig trying to get home?? Then I think of the Geico commercials with the pig...downward thought spiral.

Matt does the laundry most of the time, too, when we're on vacation. Not when we're home, but that's another story!! I'd rather him do it on trips!

Maybe it was the same guy!! Being rude with cameras, one park at a time. Ugh, some people!

raw

I love this one too.

It was rude!! I needed Jack to be there and give that guy a piece of my mind!!

I love that you said this, because as a mom, I would also look at this and be like "aww, I'm glad she has this moment" :lovestruc

I thought it was just so sweet!! I was sad I was there to ruin the shot and block the boy's face :scared:

Of course.

So exciting! Especially with your Country Bear love! I always seem to miss this.

What. The. Heck.

WHAT. THE. HECK???

Being on vacation just seems to zap the common sense right out of people! Like the guy who smoked me in the back of the head with his stroller getting onto the tram and didn't apologize or say a word about it when I turned around to look at him, stars in my vision. Hah.

But, like...what. the heck.

My millennial generation is showing now, but I thought of this example of imagination-attacking:

kBJovd7.gif

This is hilarious! You're the ghost cake girl!

It's the little things, really.

So sweet!

I love these two <3

Bye Wishes! I already miss you so much!

I was so excited to see it!! I will just have to catch it again next time and hope no crazy people are using me for their own personal camera equipment! The weirdest things happen at Disney World, I swear!

Haha!! I mentally made the snarling lion sound when I saw that gif!! I just bought a new pair of ears (like I need more, right?) in classic black/white/red, and was considering wearing them to the Halloween party with black leggings and a red shirt that says, "I'm a mouse, duh" for my costume :rotfl:

Losing Wishes was so sad...every time someone says anything around here with "wish" involved in any way, one of us always interrupts singing, "Wi - shessss". So it will never truly leave us, as long as we keep that tradition alive, LOL!! I am really excited to see Happily Ever After though!!

Oh my gosh, I love this picture and I LOVE your shirt!!! I work in a library and I feel like I need to have this in my life :laughing:
Super envious. Especially of that plate 'o pastries. :cloud9:

No, you absolutely cannot.

I look forward to it! :thumbsup2

I have to do CoP every trip :goodvibes

Remember how you've said that you find certain things unreasonably funny? I have this "issue" too and this struck a chord for me :rotfl:

Yeah, a little bit :laughing: But at least you were on Disney property, right?! That sure beats doing laundry at home I suppose.

Agreed! :thumbsup2

What?! :sad2:

I don't know why it's taken you this long to realize your potential!

Ugh, I HATE that! It usually hits me the second to last day, too. And it's the worst. Also, am I the only one who gets anxious right before a Disney trip only because not only are you so close to the trip (YAY!) but you're also that much closer to it all ending :sad: I know this sounds totally neurotic, but I get that way before every trip! :sad2:

How funny!

Beautiful ending to the day with your Wishes farewell. Very sad, but I think you made the most of it at least :goodvibes

And with that... I'm finally caught up! You were throwing out updates at an impressive pace and I hadn't realized how far behind I'd gotten!

I got my Belle shirt at Target and it is one of my favorites!! My kids also seem to hate it much less than the I'm So Fly Peter Pan one. (my oldest, who has never had a problem with anything I've ever worn, is just not bothered or embarrassed by me - thank goodness - HAAAAATES that shirt for some reason. But he doesn't bat an eye at the Belle one)

Plate of pastries and brie on croissant. :sad: why are we not there right NOW???

COP is the BEST. There's a thread floating around about updating it and I am like, NO. SACRILEGE! #leavecarouselofprogressalone
Not that I don't understand the need for updates in other areas of the parks, but COP is sacred stuff.

Haha, if anything makes me throw up in my mouth a little, it's a 70 minute Mickey wait! And if I'm waiting 70 minutes for anything, it's not going to be a creepy talking mouse! I'll take the silent one in Epcot for ten minutes, thanks :rotfl:

Laundry at Disney is better than laundry at home at least. Plus, nuggets.

Oh my gosh, I do the sad thing before leaving too! I'll think to myself, "by this time next week I'll be HOME from Disney :sad:" before I've even left! Why do we do this to ourselves?? I'm glad I'm not alone though.

Yes! That's a good trade off for not riding some of the rides :thumbsup2

I love the Big Top tent. I always seem to find good merchandise in there, and a few things I haven't seen anywhere else. Maybe it's my imagination lol but I just like window shopping in there. Plus I can get my big chocolate chip Mickey cookie there!

I have never caught this and I want to SOOOO bad! Was it around 5, 5:30?? Must make every effort to stalk that area next month!!

I have to say, the AK laundry area IS pretty spiffy. I would've eaten nuggets in there, too!

I think so too!!

I agree about the Big Top! I think it's the way things are laid out in there. It kind of allows you to see things a little more spread out than they are in the other stores. The addition of the bakery counter sure isn't hurting anything!! It's also usually less crowded at the bakery counter, making it easier to take pictures of any new decorated apples that might be on display!

Yes, I think it must have been around 5:30ish! It was super fun, the little bit that I got to see, and want to see it again! I love seeing those characters out and about.

Right?? I'd say it rivals the chef's table at V&A :rotfl2:

I hadn't seen it in a while but it was a favorite of mine as a kid, so I'm glad I caught it in May!

I don't think I've ever seen this! I'll have to see if I can catch this one day.

UGH. How RUDE!!

tumblr_m6o5mlwD8t1rycw41o3_500.gif

Haha that's so funny!! I wonder if it recognizes your bday through the magic band?

My same reaction too. I guess it's seasonal. I hope it's back this fall!

201300.jpg

Bye Wishes!! Glad you got to catch it one last time!

It's definitely worth seeing the hoedown. Catching it back to back with Country Bears was pretty perfect timing!

It was such a weird thing! I"m used to being bumped or shoved or shuffled around, but being used as a tripod was a whole new world for me!

I'm assuming it reads the info from the MB...I hope it's gone by the next visit b/c I want to see my name up there instead, LOL!

Oh me too. I feel extra determined to find that pot roast mac and cheese now!! I don't care for bbq sauce as a general rule (there are a few exceptions), so the chicken version was not happening for me!!

:rotfl2::rotfl:The Katniss picture kills me!

I was so happy to see Wishes...and am so ready for Happily Ever After!

Hello everyone :wave2::wave2:

I hope you all had a great weekend! We had a pretty fun time, including a trip to the river yesterday. I ended up super sunburned even though I used sunscreen...I packed four different kinds. But for me, I just grabbed the spray on kind b/c it was at the top of the bag. I have stripes on my legs and arms from where it worked...and then am lobster red everywhere that didn't have direct contact from the spray. I look ridiculous and will not be able to wear anything sleeveless until the red disappears making the crazy lines less obvious. My life. I'm used to it.

We also tied up the last couple of loose ends for October's trip. We booked the flights, adding a night to our original dates, which I'd already planned on. Our plane is supposed to land around 8:30pm, so instead of booking Wilderness Lodge for arrival night, I went ahead and just booked a room at Pop, since it will literally be nothing more than a place to sleep for the night. I booked preferred since I plan for us to just pick up our own luggage (I don't want to wait for it to be delivered, because I'm probably going to want to get to bed asap so we can be up early!) and don't want to carry it too far that evening OR the next morning when we take it back inside to get it transferred to the Polynesian for the rest of the week.

I ordered a new pair of ears from The Mad Hattear yesterday...the ears are crocheted. They're amazing. If you look them up, mine are the classic Minnie style with red accent and a bow instead of flowers. I can't wait to see them in person!!

I'm debating on starting a PTR...if I do, it won't be until this report is finished. Or, I could just tack it onto this report?? I don't know :sad::sad:

I'll be back soon with another chapter update!!

Have a great Monday!

Ugh sunburns are bad enough, but when they are uneven that's just super frustrating!

Glad your plans for October are coming together, I hope you do a PTR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter