No right,no wrong, no rules for me - I'm free *First solo trip 4/30-5/6* updated 8/29x3 *complete*

Plate of pastries and brie on croissant. :sad: why are we not there right NOW???
I have no idea... but we really need to be!

COP is the BEST. There's a thread floating around about updating it and I am like, NO. SACRILEGE! #leavecarouselofprogressalone
Not that I don't understand the need for updates in other areas of the parks, but COP is sacred stuff.
I am with you 100%!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, I do the sad thing before leaving too! I'll think to myself, "by this time next week I'll be HOME from Disney :sad:" before I've even left! Why do we do this to ourselves?? I'm glad I'm not alone though.
YES!!! Exactly. :sad2:

I have stripes on my legs and arms from where it worked...and then am lobster red everywhere that didn't have direct contact from the spray
Oh, no! Hopefully they fade soon. But sounds like a great day otherwise!

(I don't want to wait for it to be delivered, because I'm probably going to want to get to bed asap so we can be up early!)
I do the same thing ::yes::

I ordered a new pair of ears from The Mad Hattear yesterday...the ears are crocheted.
YAY!!! Can't wait to see them! :thumbsup2

Hello everyone :wave2::wave2:

I hope you all had a great weekend! We had a pretty fun time, including a trip to the river yesterday. I ended up super sunburned even though I used sunscreen...I packed four different kinds. But for me, I just grabbed the spray on kind b/c it was at the top of the bag. I have stripes on my legs and arms from where it worked...and then am lobster red everywhere that didn't have direct contact from the spray. I look ridiculous and will not be able to wear anything sleeveless until the red disappears making the crazy lines less obvious. My life. I'm used to it.

We also tied up the last couple of loose ends for October's trip. We booked the flights, adding a night to our original dates, which I'd already planned on. Our plane is supposed to land around 8:30pm, so instead of booking Wilderness Lodge for arrival night, I went ahead and just booked a room at Pop, since it will literally be nothing more than a place to sleep for the night. I booked preferred since I plan for us to just pick up our own luggage (I don't want to wait for it to be delivered, because I'm probably going to want to get to bed asap so we can be up early!) and don't want to carry it too far that evening OR the next morning when we take it back inside to get it transferred to the Polynesian for the rest of the week.

I ordered a new pair of ears from The Mad Hattear yesterday...the ears are crocheted. They're amazing. If you look them up, mine are the classic Minnie style with red accent and a bow instead of flowers. I can't wait to see them in person!!

I'm debating on starting a PTR...if I do, it won't be until this report is finished. Or, I could just tack it onto this report?? I don't know :sad::sad:

I'll be back soon with another chapter update!!

Have a great Monday!

I always have problems when using spray sunblock. I miss spots and end up with burn lines. I had a sunblock mishap on Sunday. I somehow made it through a week of FL in July with no issues but went to the local pool a day after we got home and got super burnt. I started to apply sunblock while at home but since everyone was waiting for me I stopped and figured I'd do it at the pool. Well I guess I forgot or didn't remember which parts I missed. But you can see on my neck where I had sunblock on and then my chest is bright red. And the front of right leg was red. My left just a little bit. So weird. At least I only mess up my sunblock application and not the kids.

We're doing one night at POP before moving to the BW for our November trip. Like you we're getting in late and just plan on sleeping.

Do a PTR! <---- Says the person who can't get their stuff together to do one themselves.

I wanted to see Nick and Judy!! Unfortunately, there was an announcement that it wasn't going to take place this evening,

I would be super sad lol.

This was not my favorite sail around the world...the couple behind me were loud and obnoxious and had commentary about everything and the guy was the worst. At first I thought he was drunk, but then I heard the girl talking about landing at the airport this morning (they were Australian) and figured maybe they were just loopy from being tired?? Always trying to give the benefit of the doubt over here, but I wanted to dump the guy into the water!!

omg they should go into the water with my Pirates people lol

The car rolled back into the station. I was people. It had moved me. Success.

I laughed far longer than I should have at that.

35370409200_07bc5a734a_b.jpg

I love this shot!

Wow, you've been busy with all the updates. I fell way behind so lots to catch up on.

My eyes opened the next morning and I got to see sunrise on the savanna

Wow, that is quite the wake-up call. Million dollar view.

Is it really a Disney trip if you don't do at least one pre-park opening meal??
Why yes it is :P My sleepy crew has never even seen a rope drop either.

A duck and a Plaid walk into a park...
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

If I ever win Powerball or Mega Millions, I'm going to rent out the park and invite all of you guys to come play in an empty park!!
I'm gonna hold you to that :-)

It was time to walk on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad again!!

How does small world have a 35 minute wait and big thunder is a walk on???? Crazy

There's a little lounge room type thing with a tv and chairs and a nice table. This was my view from where I sat to eat. Just as good as a Sanaa table window, right??

Nuggets and laundry. It's all about the memories, folks!
Well I gotta say you have gone above and beyond in the trip report this time. In all my years on here, I don't think I have ever seen a picture of the laundry room.

I thought she was awesome. There was another Mickey and Minnie plush that I loved and almost bought every time I was in a store, with big anime style eyes and bright colors, but I never managed to photograph them. Seems odd since I was apparently in a plush photo taking mood on this day!!
Love it. She's like rainbow brite Minnie!

The Frontierland Hoedown was happening!! Ahh!! I was so excited to see all of the characters out dancing!!
Wow, I have never seen or heard about this before. How amazing!!!!!!! Do they do this often now???? I'd love to see some of those characters. Especially Big Al!

I whirled around and in a not-very-Disney-friendly tone informed him that despite appearances, I was not a tripod, thankyouverymuch. You know what he did??

Shrugged and walked away.
Ya know what they say, one persons head is another persons tripod :-)

How many different angles can you photograph the castle from on the People Mover?? It seems like I was trying to figure that out here:

Breathtaking!

:offtopic: I'm sorry i'm going to go completely off topic of your trip report but I have to know... How do get over 9 Million on Emoji Blitz?!?!?! :eek:

I'm still alive!! Quotes and next post coming tomorrow!!

Kids were gone over the weekend and today is L's 12th birthday. Steve Miller Band/Peter Frampton concert tomorrow night. DH's birthday Wednesday. DH off on a work trip Thurs. PTO Exec Meeting Friday.

X's 14th bday in three weeks. Then it's back to school.

So many things going on!!

:offtopic: I'm sorry i'm going to go completely off topic of your trip report but I have to know... How do get over 9 Million on Emoji Blitz?!?!?! :eek:

LOL!! This is a very important question!!

I'm level 80 and I use my Nemo...he is a level three with an 810 point value. He is at full power up again almost immediately after using it. He multiplies himself, giving me a star almost every time, and definitely at least two suns each time I use his power. I don't use any extra power ups before beginning play, and I can still get those scores. Using power ups, like extra time or whatever, I've gotten over 10 million once or twice, so they aren't much help to me. If I use them I panic and feel extra pressure to get a good score :rotfl2:

Reactions: Fia
I totally understand the panic and extra pressure using additional power ups. Those are no joke! I feel like an emoji blitz failure. Because I am Level 91! I usually use Dory because she is 869 point value and Ive only gotten into the 6 million. Im going to have to start playing Nemo's little fins off. lol

Thanks for the important info!

LOL!! This is a very important question!!

I'm level 80 and I use my Nemo...he is a level three with an 810 point value. He is at full power up again almost immediately after using it. He multiplies himself, giving me a star almost every time, and definitely at least two suns each time I use his power. I don't use any extra power ups before beginning play, and I can still get those scores. Using power ups, like extra time or whatever, I've gotten over 10 million once or twice, so they aren't much help to me. If I use them I panic and feel extra pressure to get a good score :rotfl2:

I totally understand the panic and extra pressure using additional power ups. Those are no joke! I feel like an emoji blitz failure. Because I am Level 91! I usually use Dory because she is 869 point value and Ive only gotten into the 6 million. Im going to have to start playing Nemo's little fins off. lol

Thanks for the important info!

Jumping in to say Nemo is definitely the way to go! I have gotten over 20 million using him! I'm level 104 and Nemo has a point value of 1144. I don't use extra power ups either. When I have, I seem to score less. Sorry to jump in but Emoji Blitz is IMPORTANT!

Jumping in to say Nemo is definitely the way to go! I have gotten over 20 million using him! I'm level 104 and Nemo has a point value of 1144. I don't use extra power ups either. When I have, I seem to score less. Sorry to jump in but Emoji Blitz is IMPORTANT!

It is definitely important!!

Good morning!!

It's been a long time since I've updated!! After I uploaded all of the photos, it seemed overwhelming. There will be A LOT of photos in this chapter...probably the longest one I've done. It really seems like I took a picture of every.single.thing.

So...what's been going on around here? Well, I mentioned a few things yesterday. Birthdays and all that. I also mentioned the air conditioner issue a few weeks ago. Well, that reared its ugly head again and we had to have the people out two more times last week. The second time was someone from another company, who fixed the problem in less than ten minutes. Guess who we'll call if we need them again??

Enough procrastinating...I'll get this monstrosity started!!

Chapter Six: Clever Epcot themed chapter title :rotfl:

Wishes - done. All finished. Goodbye, see you on the flippity flip. Today was a new day! The last full day of my trip, actually...so how would I spend it??

I started it off bright and early. I had a 7:40 breakfast reservation at....BOMA!

I got downstairs around 7:25 and was the third or fourth person seated once they opened officially at 7:30.

They shoved me way back in a corner.

See? No exaggeration. I was, sing it with me now, alll byyyy myyyysellllfff!!!

Maybe they thought I would depress all the happy families??

My server was very chatty and even sat down at the table with me at one point to talk. She asked about my kids, and I told her their ages, and she said she never thought they'd be so old, she figured they'd be like 7 or 8 because I didn't look old enough to have an 11 and 13 year old.

I get that a lot. I assume it's a fishing tactic for a big tip :rotfl2:

I emerged from my secret cave in the back corner of the restaurant to make my trip to the buffet.

Mickey waffle, plantain, potatoes, fruit, sausage, bread pudding (with BOTH sauces!).

I ate the fruit, alllll of the bread pudding, and a bite of everything else. You might think that's a waste, but I would have paid three times the amount just for the bread pudding!!

(ok, maybe THAT'S an exaggeration, but it was delicious.)

If you are a breakfast person, Boma is the place to go when staying at AKL!

Now, here's where some confusion came in. While planning, this was supposed to be a regular old Epcot opening day. THEN it was listed as morning EMH. I decided to keep the Boma reservation because I knew I wouldn't take long to finish eating and could still make it there before regular opening.

BUT...(there's always a but!) I get there and discover it is NOT a morning EMH after all. So I wasn't missing anything!

This photographer had me stand facing the opposite way that I usually do, and it made me feel so awkward.

Also, had to wear my super amazing AP "see ya, Wishes" shirt. Nothing I have ever worn at a Disney park has ever received so many comments of "Where'd you get that??" The only things that have come close were the Grand and Miraculous shirt from the first Epcot day, and my Vera Bradley print Minnie ears (that I didn't wear on this trip).

by

Since it was my last full day, and I had bought exactly ZERO souvenirs for anyone other than myself (oops), I needed to get shopping!

Once they began letting us into the park, I watched allll of the people head toward Soarin':

and I made my way over to Nemo again. I'd missed it the first Epcot day, and I needed to get in there and see my fishy friends. Not to mention pick up the one thing L had asked for me to bring back home to him.

Before I saw my fishy friends, I saw some furry ones!

Chip and Dale! Oh, wait, no...

Squirrels!

Aw, look how close they're getting!

Oh! He wants to be friends!!

At this point, a little crowd of people had stopped around the perimeter of my squirrel whispering. I was slightly in awe of the close squirrel, but also starting to get nervous b/c he was not backing down. Maybe this was not a request for friendship, but instead a showdown.

And this is when things took a downhill turn. He touched me.

The squirrel climbed onto my foot.

I may have screamed. In public. At Epcot.

People may have laughed. People may have been taking pictures.

I admit nothing.

Enough furry mammals! I was over it! It was time to go under the sea!

I forgot I had this picture! A new angle to admire Spaceship Earth:

I rode through the Big Blue World and then went to explore it all on my own.

It was EMPTY in there. I have never been alone in The Seas before.

No kids climbing on Bruce! What is this madness??

I talked to this guy about how I'd almost ordered him from Skipper's Canteen in December.

(One day when the boss get hungry, guess who's gon' be on the plate...)

And then I visited my favorite buddies, the manatees. Again, no people.

Hey little fella!

On the way out I stopped in the store to buy L's gift. The hoodie with the "Mine, mine, mine" gulls on it...loved getting the AP discount on that thing, let me tell you!

So far I had tangled with forest creatures, swam with some aquatic pals...and now it was time to take to the sky.

I walked over to The Land and...

got in the 15 minute standby line for Soarin'.

Instead of doing standby AND using my FP like the prior visit, I decided to see what was available in tier one on the app. I got a Fast Pass for Frozen Ever After at 11:10! I had not planned to ride Frozen this time, because I don't have any sort of attachment or love for this ride since Maelstrom is gone, BUT I figured it would be a chance to see if Elsa was actually letting it go this time, and not just standing there awkwardly like in December.

Next post coming as quickly as I can type it!

Chapter Six Part Two

When I finished Soarin' around the globe, I had more unfinished business to attend to.

Oh wait! A monorail!

I needed to visit a certain little purple dragon and say hello. I needed to journey through my imagination.

A ride vehicle was almost ready to pull away, but they let me get into the empty back car really quickly so I wouldn't have to wait. I would have been alone on the next car, and that would have been creepy!!

Figment is so cute. Somehow I managed to not buy everything in the shop on my way out. But it was tough! I wanted plush Figments and the Figment hoodie, and the Figment magnets and Figment pins...all of the things!! But I resisted. Where's my prize?? I take payment in cookies.

I left and it was flower admiring time again.

I stopped for some Photopass pictures...

and headed into MouseGears to see if I could find gifts for DH and X!

by

I also wanted to pick up some hair ties for myself, because it was windy and my hair was driving me crazy. Unfortunately, after asking a CM for help when I couldn't find any on my own, I found they only had the kind that are like a figure eight of elastic with the giant beads on the end. The kind I had when I was a kid back in the 80s/90s. I didn't know they still made these. Anyway, they were around $15 for about ten of them, which was too many and too expensive for something I'd never use again, so I decided to tough it out.

All week I'd had two hair ties in the Vera Bradley pouch on the lanyard, and for some reason I'd removed them and not put them back in. I think it was when I was digging around for small bills to tip the housekeeper?? I have no idea what I was thinking.

Anyway, since I was there, I realized I'd missed photographing my favorite little alien in topiary form:

Hi Stitch!!

So cute. So fluffy.

And while we're on the subject of topiaries...it was time to go see the others I'd missed earlier in the week. Hope you're ready for topiary pictures, because, well...there's a bunch.

It was a Friday, so the festival center was open. I hadn't been in ('cause it's closed on weekdays) and thought I'd check it out. Lucky for me, Mickey and his best pals all hang out over there in plant form!

It might look kind of people-less around here, but that is kind of misleading. There were a lot of guests over there trying to get pictures of these guys, too, and I had to just stand around and wait a lot.

Eventually I was able to get a closer look:

Awkward Selfie with Goofy time!!

On the way inside the festival building, I admired these cool floating garden things. They looked nicer in person than in pictures.

Inside I took some pictures of the orchids, but nothing so special it needs sharing. I also bought my AP holder Flower and Garden Festival pin and the 2017 festival pin. There were some interesting vendors set up inside, and it was another time I thought of MIL, and how she would have enjoyed it.

On the flip side, if she'd been there, she would have wanted to hang out in there for a long time, and I had other places to be!

For one thing, I needed to say hello to Buzz Lightyear!

A side note...I have no real interest in Mission Space (the green side is boring, but I hate how the orange side makes it feel hard to breathe upon take off), but now I feel like I have to ride both sides again after the refurb. Disney peer pressure and all that, you know?

I was moving slowly, trying to time things to make it to my Frozen fast pass as it opened up. As I got here:

there was a vlogging couple a few steps away, all decked out in sombreros and serapes. It was Cinco de Mayo, so I guess they wanted to do it up big. As I was typing up the MK day, when the vloggers in the yellow ponchos were in front of me on Splash, it occurred to me that maybe they were the same people. I have no idea.

Oh hey look! Another monorail!!

What's up, monorail yellow?? You're looking good!

One last picture before moving on to the World Showcase...

which is where I'll pick up next time!!

I'll try to get back and do quotes later this afternoon! Have a wonderful Tuesday!!

Glad you enjoyed your BOMA breakfast- and that you didn't have to worry about EMH!

Love the pictures as you walked in!

OMG that squirrel wanted to be your best friend! I would have screamed too!

Wow, must have been cool to have the Seas all to yourself! I guess that's a perk of going there first while everyone else goes to Soarin/Test Track/FEA!

And after all that, you still got on Soarin with such a short wait!

The topiaries by the festival center are SO cute, great pics!

Love Boma for breakfast and dinner so good. Wow they did hide you in the back :goodvibes
Beautiful pictures I especially like the one of the yellow monorail coming towards you over the water just stunning.
I also like the one of SE from Finding Nemo.
Disney squirrels are super friendly though I've never had one hop on my foot :eek:
That's great finding a FP for FEA :thumbsup2

Im so glad someone else understands the importance of Emoji Blitz!! and can i just say 2o Million Holly Cannoli !!!!!!:worship:

I started it off bright and early. I had a 7:40 breakfast reservation at....BOMA!

OMG literally our exactly plan from our last day too! Time and everything!!

I love this picture!

People may have laughed. People may have been taking pictures.

I admit nothing.

I may have laughed out loud at this. ;)

I would have been alone on the next car, and that would have been creepy!!

At least it didn't stop while you were alone. Now THAT would be creepy

My server was very chatty and even sat down at the table with me at one point to talk. She asked about my kids, and I told her their ages, and she said she never thought they'd be so old, she figured they'd be like 7 or 8 because I didn't look old enough to have an 11 and 13 year old.

I get that a lot. I assume it's a fishing tactic for a big tip :rotfl2:

Haha I don't think it's for the tip, I also thought you look too young to have kids that old! ::yes::

Goodbye, see you on the flippity flip.

NvyOX.gif

They shoved me way back in a corner.

They did that to me too when I ate there solo!

Maybe they thought I would depress all the happy families??

I have to assume this is why :rotfl:

She asked about my kids, and I told her their ages, and she said she never thought they'd be so old, she figured they'd be like 7 or 8 because I didn't look old enough to have an 11 and 13 year old. I get that a lot. I assume it's a fishing tactic for a big tip :rotfl2:

I don't think so, :laughing: (well maybe she was fishing for a bigger tip but it's true)! You do not look old enough to have a teen and an almost teen :rotfl: I told Josh how old your sons were after we met, and he was quite surprised too.

If you are a breakfast person, Boma is the place to go when staying at AKL!

But you didn't get a make your own omelet :scared1:

At this point, a little crowd of people had stopped around the perimeter of my squirrel whispering. I was slightly in awe of the close squirrel, but also starting to get nervous b/c he was not backing down. Maybe this was not a request for friendship, but instead a showdown.

:rotfl:

And this is when things took a downhill turn. He touched me.

The squirrel climbed onto my foot.

Oh no! I feel so bad but this sounds like it was so funny...to watch...not for you. I had a chipmunk surprise me once by running over my foot and I screamed a lot.

But it was tough! I wanted plush Figments and the Figment hoodie, and the Figment magnets and Figment pins...all of the things!! But I resisted

And Disney seems to think Figment isn't popular anymore! Did you see the Figment ears they're having for Food & Wine? I need them!

but now I feel like I have to ride both sides again after the refurb. Disney peer pressure and all that, you know?

I've heard the green side is going to be different now? Not sure exactly how because I've never been on it.

What's up, monorail yellow?? You're looking good!

Looking good because there's no chunks of monorail falling on you :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter