NOBODY IS MORE SURPRISED THAN US! GKTW alumni return! 10/21 MOVING DAY!!

Ok I'm asking for some good thoughts/prayers. I failed my first glucose test last week and now tomorrow I'm having to go in for the 3 hour glucose test. I'm so afraid I'm going to fail it since I'm already borderline diabetic. I'm so afraid of needles and so not looking forward to what comes with being diabetic if I do fail. My family has a history of late in life diabetes so I do have a higher risk of getting it.

Praying for you and for the glucose test! Been doing a lot of research on diabetes because of my husband being diagnosed this year with type 2 diabetes. The best advice for you with family history of diabetes is to watch your diet by avoiding high glycemic foods, sugar, fructose and get exercise. Both has helped my husband's blood sugar numbers a lot. When he doesn't exercise, the numbers goes up some which has been happening lately after he's been taking it easy from his cataract surgeries.

Just watched these two youtube videos yesterday and are the best explanation I've seen on how gluten causes so many different autoimmune diseases (over 200) including diabetes.

Gluten Sensitivity Vs. Celiac Disease Vs. Gluten Intolerance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv5RwxYW8yA

Gluten and Autoimmunity Explained in 20 Minutes (causing leaky gut)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUgcLQOUSA

Hope this information will help you during your pregnancy and in the future!

For those who asked about my shoulder, I was released after three sessions of PT (as a reminder we are military so 3 sessions over 6 weeks was my dose of PT). My movement is much better b/c I mainly exercised it on my own but there are certain movements I am told I will never regain without surgery. The pain is getting a wee bit bothersome lately, but I think that may be weather changes. I also took a nasty spill down the stairs that go into our garage -- yep, nice hard wooden stairs. I am bruised and swollen beyond belief. I don't have a goose egg, I have an ostrich egg over my sacrum. But at least I fell on my back and elbows so only jarred my shoulder a bit.

Prayers and hugs to all in need. We all need a dose of good things coming our way.

Andrea, so sorry about your fall! Praying that you will be feeling better soon along with your husband.

Judy, Thanks for the post. I will wait patiently for your update. popcorn:: I wanted you to know you haven't been forgotten. :goodvibes Prayers for all of your needs.

Judy, thanks for popping by to let us know you are OK. We worry about you! prayers that your van will be fixed quickly and you will soon find another car for Pete.

Andrea, so sorry to hear about your fall! Ouch! We'll be praying for your recovery as well as your husband's, poor guy. IIRC, you have an embroidery machine? My sister just sent me her old one. It needs a tuneup before I can start using it, but I need to pick someone's brain about thread, interfacing, etc., since this is all new to me. It is the Brother Disney machine, and it also needs a new hoop, as she broke the old one hooping something too thick. I have no idea where to start! Do you know anything about this stuff? I am super excited to start using my new "toy".

Jennie, have a WONDERFUL trip with Kaity! We look forward to hearing all about it!

Ladylyons, hope your appointment goes well and you pass your test today! My Dad was borderline diabetic at his checkup a couple years ago. He revamped his diet and started exercising more (walks 5 miles every morning now), and his doctor says he is no longer in danger of developing diabetes because his numbers went down so much. So don't think that it is inevitable for you to get it too, just because of your family history. Hopefully, your test will go great and you can go on to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy without any more stress!

Judy, glad to see you check in. I know we all understand how busy you are. Hope other than the normal running around that things are going smoothly. I hope that ya'll find a new car for Pete soon, I know what it is like to only have one car, with people that need to go to different places.

Thoughts and prayers to all that need them.

As promised...

Dealing with the insurance for this accident has been time consuming. My insurance company told me they will pursue it aggressively; however, the investigator was honest and said they are only successful in 40 percent of the cases. It seems this is the wave of the future, unless someone is obviously intoxicated at the scene or you have witnesses, the police will typically do nothing, remaining a "neutral" third party and dishonest people win. A sickening world we live in where people lie and cheat to get ahead...dishonest people make me ill. I don’t care if you are the CEO of a company who cheats your employees, a person who runs up bills with no intention of paying, then filing bankruptcy, an insurance scammer or lie on your resume...it is all wrong, no matter the size of your lie. I had an estimate yesterday by my insurance company and I am now waiting to hear what the next step is. Now I will take a cleansing breath to let it go..moving on to happier things.

We are in full swing activity mode here. One extra time consumer is for Rachel, through Jazz Arts Initiative here in town. Rachel has been given a 90% scholarship to study Jazz, her true love. They have been having workshops, weekly SUNDAY rehearsals (it is an all afternoon activity, with travel time and classes), there was a fundraiser 1/2 marathon and fun run on Saturday that the family helped at...and Rachel was given 2 tickets (Pete went with her) to see the The Abyssinian Mass (google it). After the performance, Rachel was able to meet the legendary jazz great, Wynton Marsalis. She was literally floating when she came home. “He spoke to us for about 15 minutes, shook my hand, gave me his autograph and posed for pictures”...she was on a high for several days after that! I have over 100 photos; but, will just share one.

file_zps56f492c3.jpg

I DID make it to my MD appointment. Leave it to me to find an MD with her own health issues that began in July. She only saw me for a sick appointment to my surprise, my physical is now scheduled for December 20, her soonest appointment since she “just returned from being out”. She thought my dizziness was due to a viral infection and an elevated white count seems to back that up. It was my only abnormal result and she quite emphatically told me there was there was no sign of diabetes, a huge relief since it runs in my family. BP was fine and the day I went I felt great, of course. I need to return for my fasting cholesterol panel, but EVERYTHING else, except the WBC, looked perfectly within normal limits. I don’t know if I will wait till December or find a new MD; but, in the meantime she has ordered all of the other screening tests I need.

Pete saw a new MD today (FINALLY). He was started on the same BP med Lisa is on. He had a ton of blood work done, no results yet.

I am certain I am forgetting something; but, I have no idea what. I will share we will be Walking for Wishes again (link below) if anyone wants to support our team. I am getting a late start this year, the walk takes place November 9...not much time, I know.

Praying for all of those who have asked!! ALWAYS!!! THANK YOU for staying with us and for your understanding. I AM trying to get it together...just too much to do and not enough hours in the day.

Hi Judy, I'm glad you updated now because I get to procrastinate on homework for a bit!

So glad to hear from you. I'm so sorry about the insurance situation but I am hopeful that it will work out in the end and you will be part of that 40% that gets their case resolved!

I'm happy you got good news from the MD although it is frustrating that you may have to find another new doctor.

The picture of Rachel is great! That is an amazing opportunity for her and she looks so happy.

I am doing okay. School and work are very stressful and I am burning the candle at both ends. But I get to go to New Orleans next week for a college newspaper conference AND I have a Disney trip coming up!! So I have some really great things to look forward to.

Hang in there and know you are in my thoughts and prayers!! Back to work for me...xoxo

Praying for you and for the glucose test! Been doing a lot of research on diabetes because of my husband being diagnosed this year with type 2 diabetes. The best advice for you with family history of diabetes is to watch your diet by avoiding high glycemic foods, sugar, fructose and get exercise. Both has helped my husband's blood sugar numbers a lot. When he doesn't exercise, the numbers goes up some which has been happening lately after he's been taking it easy from his cataract surgeries.

Just watched these two youtube videos yesterday and are the best explanation I've seen on how gluten causes so many different autoimmune diseases (over 200) including diabetes.

Gluten Sensitivity Vs. Celiac Disease Vs. Gluten Intolerance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv5RwxYW8yA

Gluten and Autoimmunity Explained in 20 Minutes (causing leaky gut)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUgcLQOUSA

Hope this information will help you during your pregnancy and in the future!

Thank you! When I get the opportunity to I will watch the videos. I have to do it when the kids are either at school or asleep otherwise I don't get any of the info I'm trying to get. I was diagnosed border line about a year ago and started going to the gym (mainly elliptical and treadmill) but then got sick, went on vacation, school ended, got pregnant, etc. Trying to get back but have just been exhausted.

Ladylyons, hope your appointment goes well and you pass your test today! My Dad was borderline diabetic at his checkup a couple years ago. He revamped his diet and started exercising more (walks 5 miles every morning now), and his doctor says he is no longer in danger of developing diabetes because his numbers went down so much. So don't think that it is inevitable for you to get it too, just because of your family history. Hopefully, your test will go great and you can go on to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy without any more stress!

Thank you!

So I went in this morning for my glucose test. They told me to eat a half a sandwich with a glass of milk at 10 pm last night so I did. I got to the lab and had my first draw at 8 am. Then I had to wait. This number had to come back under 95 and well it didn't. So they called the rest of the test off (hadn't given me the drink yet, had to wait for the first result). I was sent home and am now waiting to hear back from my Dr. so I can schedule an appointment with a nutritionist. I was able to get my lab result on line and my number was 100. So I'm hoping that since my number wasn't too far over where it needed to be we'll be able to control it by diet. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens. Thank you again!

Judy I hope your insurance is able to get it all worked out to your favor.

Glad Rachel has the opportunity to do Jazz again! Love seeing that she had a great time.

Judy, Praying that your case will be one of the 40% that can be resolved. This is the day and age we live in that people don't take responsibility for their own actions. Glad Rachel is enjoying Jazz class again and got to meet Wynton Marsalis. What a great guy to spend so much time talking with Rachel. Praying for you and the family as always! Glad Pete went to see the doctor too.

So I went in this morning for my glucose test. They told me to eat a half a sandwich with a glass of milk at 10 pm last night so I did. I got to the lab and had my first draw at 8 am. Then I had to wait. This number had to come back under 95 and well it didn't. So they called the rest of the test off (hadn't given me the drink yet, had to wait for the first result). I was sent home and am now waiting to hear back from my Dr. so I can schedule an appointment with a nutritionist. I was able to get my lab result on line and my number was 100. So I'm hoping that since my number wasn't too far over where it needed to be we'll be able to control it by diet. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens. Thank you again!

Diet and exercise will help a lot in lowering that fasting glucose blood number. Thanks for updating us and keeping you and the baby in prayer!

Judy, great news on your lab results, hope the other tests turn out just as well. I am not at all surprised Rachel was able to get another music scholarship and was able to meet a living legend in a field she loves. I am also not surprised you are volunteering as much a you do. Your family is an inspiration. :goodvibes

Unfortunately, working in the legal field, I can confirm what the insurance company told you. It's not right or fair that the ones in the wrong get away with what they do. Hopefully, your case will be one of the 40% that DOES get handled in the right way.

I'm happy to hear that your test results came back good so far. I'll pray that the others come back good as well and that Pete's new meds work their magic and you don't have to wait too terribly long for his results.

Rachel looks as if she is over the moon happy to have met Wynton Marsalis. It's wonderful to see someone with such a career as Mr. Marsalis taking the time to meet with and talk to up and coming musicians such as Rachel.

Just an FYI, I made a donation to your Walk for Wishes cause this morning.

Luvin the videos. The girls are so much braver performing than I'll ever be. They're fab

So happy for Rachel that she got to meet the Jazz guy as well :)

Diet and exercise will help a lot in lowering that fasting glucose blood number. Thanks for updating us and keeping you and the baby in prayer!

Thank you! I'm hoping to start going back to the gym and just walk but I've been so tired in the mornings that it just hasn't happened yet. I'll be sure to update when I know more.

Andrea, so sorry to hear about your fall! Owie! Hope you are healing up quickly!
Hope your DH is feeling better too.

ladylyons, sorry to hear you are having problems with your glucose levels. I know how hard it can be to fit in walking, hope you find the energy :hugs, praying for you and the baby!

Judy, I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the insurance. I can't believe people can just lie and get away with it :headache: . hugs and prayers to you. Sorry you have to wait so long for an physical, but glad she could run some tests to rule things like diabetes out.

I had to google Abyssinian Mass, it looks amazing! I found this youtube video.
How cool that Rachel got to meet Wynton Marsalis!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Oh my gracious, this is going to be short and I WILL miss stuff. No excuses/apologies though.

I just found out a bunch of emails I answered last night for TWO hours either got lost in cyberspace or had completely empty emails, even though I had written long responses...ACCK! Gail: The books arrived, THANK YOU! We need to talk! Lisa and Krystal: THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! for the generous donations to the walk for Wishes! If everyone who reads here daily (lurkers included) donated a $1, I would raise a thousand dollars by the end of the week. Tracy: I sent links and now they are GONE! They didn't even save in my sent folder. Belle: Thanks for your wonderful support. Kathy: :grouphug: for Cookie. I have NO idea what is going on or how many emails I sent that didn't even register some were empty, some are missing and I can't do anything about it right now, computer or email system? I have no clue. Hopefully Christian will have time to fix it for me, if he can. Sandra: Prayers for a continued. healthy pregnancy continues, I am sorry for not saying anything sooner, you are ALWAYS in my prayers! Courtney: Praying for all you need to do, so excited for your trips! Rachel truly wants to go to New Orleans...someday! Michelle: praying for all of your needs, hugs to JJ. Marilyn: how are things going? Amy: How are things at school? Jennie: Hope you are having a great time at Disney! Brenda: Praying all is well on your side of the world! Andrea: Praying things are improving. Michele: On my heart, God knows why! Emma: Praying all is quiet for you!!!

We have an added MD appointment today, Lisa told me last night she has been having leg pain since MOnday and just didn't want to bother me about it...have seen MULTIPLE MD;s this week PLUS let her do ballet...I wish she wasn't so oblivious to pain at times like this. Rachel is playing at a fundraiser tonight, should be fun for her.

Praying for everyone's needs, spoken and not!

Thank you for updating us, Judy. I know you are so, so busy, and I am grateful you take the time to let us know how we can better pray for your family. We'll continue to pray about the van repairs. That just makes me sick that there are so many people who think cheating, stealing (b/c that is what he is doing to you by not taking responsibility) and lying are just a normal part of life and get away with it! Ugh!!

Rachel looked so happy to meet Mr. Marsalis! What a wonderful thing for her, and I am so happy to hear that she got another wonderful scholarship! I know she is making the most of it.

I am sorry your appt. was not more productive, but glad to hear she doesn't think it is anything more serious causing your dizziness. We'll be praying that you feel much better soon. I'm pleased the rest of your numbers were in good shape, and good for you for making sure you took time to take care of yourself. If Mama ain't well, she can't take care of everyone else!

Ladylyons, sorry you didn't pass right away! I hope it goes better for you next time. Maybe your doc could suggest something else to eat next time before the test that might not raise your number so much? Your number really is so borderline, it might work? When I was pregnant with Ezra, I had so many issues (basically, it seemed like what could go wrong did go wrong) that I felt like I couldn't even enjoy my pregnancy, and I knew it was my last one so I felt disappointed about that.

School is going very well lately. Benjamin had a great time at Outdoor Ed and roomed with some very nice kids. He didn't really know any of them before they were put together in the same room, so I am glad he now knows some more great people to connect with at school. He even took a karate class while he was there as one of his electives and came home pretty stoked that he can now do a couple of kinds of kicks/strikes. I think that boosted his confidence a little that in an emergency, he could put up a better defense than before, if necessary.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hi Judy. Just checking in to say that I am still praying and I'm so sorry you have had another set back in your life with the accident. I hope things work out quickly for you. I'm glad you are getting to the doc. Maybe your dizziness was in your inner ear? My mom went through something like that and had a bunch of testing, with no real results, then they tried the ear med and she got better. It can even make you feel nausea. Waiting to see how Lisa is with her leg pain. :flower3:

Donation made, its a good thing I don't have to be functional today, took me forever to make the simple donation, my mind is in a fog!

I hope everyone that are regulars on the thread have a great day and all the problems, medical issues etc are better today, or at least no worse :)

Judy, sorry that you finally went to the doctor and then found out that they basically couldn't do anything right then. Hopefully the new med for Pete will help him out. Congratulations to Rachel for getting to go to the jazz thing and getting to meet the musician. So cool that he took the time to do that. I'm sorry Lisa's leg is hurting, it was sweet of her to not want to bother you with it, even if it wasn't the best thing for her, she was just worried about you probably. You have so much on your plate who can blame her for worrying. I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

My life if going okay I guess. I have only worked 4 3 hour shifts since July, so money is a little tight. My dad is still in the hospital, it will be 3 weeks tomorrow for a total of 6 weeks in the hospital out of the past 7. They still don't know what is wrong with him, just that he has some kind of infection that they can't find. The VA down here finally sent him out to another doctor yesterday and they are doing some test to look at the pleura of his lungs to see if that is causing it. Though he does have fluid in his lungs to. He also has multiple sclerosis so if he was having a exacerbation it could make his WBC go up too.

Thoughts and prayers to all that need them.

Hi Judy, I was wondering why your e-mail was blank but the subject came through so I figured you got the books. Came earlier than I thought. Will be busy tomorrow but will have some time Sunday and will try to call then. Meeting the family in the evening. Praying for Lisa and her leg pain that the doctor can figure out what's causing it and for Rachel's performance at the fundraiser.

Edited to add just donated towards the Walk for Wishes too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter