Non Disney Loving Spouse Is Ruining My Fun

I do not have this issue because DH loves Disney. If for some reason we had to leave early he would still try to make it so that we left at the latest possible time because he knows its our happy pace and if he chose to leave earlier he would b leaving alone lol.

I fly alone for work all the time. It actually seems a little strange when I'm flying with a companion.

For whatever reason I’ve actually never flown with anyone besides my son (hes 9 now) and I’ve traveled a lot even before I had him. One of these days I need to fly with another adult lol! I’m so used to doing it alone!

As a single mom, I do all my trips solo (as the only adult) most of the time and honestly it’s so much fun. You really don’t need anyone along for the ride IMO. If you’re into characters you could book a character dining breakfast the last day or even make it a park day. I say go for it! I’d stay another night and enjoy the spa. 🤩

Speaking from experience...
I'd just get on the early flight. Three nights at GCH is a big give from a non-Disney husband. I'd just give up on this last point. Especially because I know I wouldn't feel entirely relaxed on that last day, sending the hubby off, storing my bags, knowing I have to allow so much time to get to the airport anyhow. And after three nights, I'm pretty much ready to leave anyway. Overstimulation!

He's being a poop, but who isn't sometimes? I've been married 40 years and seen plenty of that misbehavior!

Not only do you have to get up super early to make it to the airport in time but it would really ruin the evening before as you would need to be in bed super early as well. Eeesh
Its hard for me to fathom wanting to get up that early to leave Disney when you dont have to.

I think all of us with nDHs need to get together and form a roster! Then when one of us wants to go, we can start checking the roster until we find someone who's up for a trip!!! :grouphug:
There is actually a group of us that started here on the DISboards. We've been getting together since 2008 in Feb-Mar timeframe. Rules are - women only, no children, no husbands, and need to be at least 18. Our weekend Diva trip has now extended to starting on Wednesdays through the following Monday. There is always a themed t-shirt, meet-n-greet night, various meals at restaurants, and a group photo a day. It's a lot of fun. Some go for the entire time, and some go just on the weekend. It's really nice to have girl-time with kindred spirits.

Speaking from experience...
I'd just get on the early flight. Three nights at GCH is a big give from a non-Disney husband. I'd just give up on this last point. Especially because I know I wouldn't feel entirely relaxed on that last day, sending the hubby off, storing my bags, knowing I have to allow so much time to get to the airport anyhow. And after three nights, I'm pretty much ready to leave anyway. Overstimulation!

He's being a poop, but who isn't sometimes? I've been married 40 years and seen plenty of that misbehavior!
27 years for us! And yes, he is being a poop. I offered a compromise : we take a slightly later flight, and I'll drive us home from PHL (it's about 1.5 hours to our house from PHL) Would he budge from his 6:30am flight? Nope.

I have a "what would you do?" question:

Here's the story: Husband (not a DH. just an H) and I are going to DLR for a quick 3 night trip in November. Fly in Nov 2, fly home to PHL Nov 5. We are staying at the Grand. I am a huge Disney fan. H is Disney agnostic. He just comes along for the ride.

H wants to fly home on Nov 5 on a 6:30AM flight out of ONT. 6:30AM!!! We would have to leave the hotel around 4AM. Who does that??? No time for a nice breakfast on our last day. No time for anything except getting up at a ridiculously early time to leave a gorgeous hotel.

I really want to suggest to him that we take separate flights home. He can take his super early flight that will get him home by early evening. (He wants to go to work the next day.) And I can take a later flight so I can enjoy my last morning at DLR.

Would anyone else suggest this to their spouse if they were in a similar situation?

I can kinda see his point of view, but only in the sense of maximizing time without taking an extra day of vacation (so I can save that for something else). BUT, I would change plans if it made someone I care about stressed out or ruin some of their fun.

(For example, I'm getting up at 4am to catch a flight that will get me down to Disney around noon, spend an a couple hours at Disney, and then head over to Universal Studios for Halloween Horror nights and stay there till about midnight. First day of my trip and it's going to be like a 20 hour day, lol. For my return at the end of the week I'm at Disney until 4pm then catching a 7pm flight home which doesn't get me home till midnight, and then I'll be at work the next morning. So ya... I can kind of understand wanting to get home at a decent time for work the next day, but fun wins me over, my vacations just leave me exhausted!)

There is actually a group of us that started here on the DISboards. We've been getting together since 2008 in Feb-Mar timeframe. Rules are - women only, no children, no husbands, and need to be at least 18. Our weekend Diva trip has now extended to starting on Wednesdays through the following Monday. There is always a themed t-shirt, meet-n-greet night, various meals at restaurants, and a group photo a day. It's a lot of fun. Some go for the entire time, and some go just on the weekend. It's really nice to have girl-time with kindred spirits.

@WebmasterMaryJo That sounds great and right up my alley!! Is there somewhere I can find out more about this? I'm not on Facebook.

In October, we’re driving 7-8 hours home and both going to work the next day. We’ve done it before. We’ll probably leave around 9 and get home 4-5. We both have to get up around 5:30am for work the next morning. Oh well. It’s Disney. I’m maximizing my time! Granted, we don’t have a time difference to deal with.

I have a Disney loving husband, but in your shoes, I would absolutely take a later flight. Especially since you’re staying at GCH. I can’t imagine paying to stay there and not getting to enjoy the last night or morning.

I’d be down for the earlier flight. I always figure the last day is a travel day. I want to get up and going. An earlier flight has less of a chance of being delayed. The airport is quieter. I travel dozens of times in a year and I want an easy travel day. I always book the first flight out. The party’s over. I’m ready to get home. Sorry. I’m with dh here.

At the risk of a mob execution... :scared1:
We came home from vacation very late in the evening the day before my wife had to go back to work.
Work was torture for her because she wasn't rested and we'll never do that again. We'll always have a full day to relax before going back to work.

I have a "what would you do?" question:

Here's the story: Husband (not a DH. just an H) and I are going to DLR for a quick 3 night trip in November. Fly in Nov 2, fly home to PHL Nov 5. We are staying at the Grand. I am a huge Disney fan. H is Disney agnostic. He just comes along for the ride.

H wants to fly home on Nov 5 on a 6:30AM flight out of ONT. 6:30AM!!! We would have to leave the hotel around 4AM. Who does that??? No time for a nice breakfast on our last day. No time for anything except getting up at a ridiculously early time to leave a gorgeous hotel.

I really want to suggest to him that we take separate flights home. He can take his super early flight that will get him home by early evening. (He wants to go to work the next day.) And I can take a later flight so I can enjoy my last morning at DLR.

Would anyone else suggest this to their spouse if they were in a similar situation?

My DH (though I like your just H better, fits in these situations) is also Disney Agnostic. He typically flies in a few days later than me, or leaves a few days early. This trip I have considered a code word that I will say when he is about to become so grumpy that it ruins our day so he knows to just make an exit without me having to say it. My daughter and I have a great time just to two of us but she does really like daddy to be there, so he will make the effort for short stints. He can not hang for my normal 5 day trip. Last time we went I swore I would never let him come again, but then I caved because kiddo so wants him to be with us for special things and I get it. But we're gonna have rules this time.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to take separate flights. He probably won't understand, but then they never will so why fight it? Right? At least this is what I tell myself. Go have a lovely breakfast and fly home with extra memories and pixie dust!

I am also down for a roster!

This sounds like pure magic! This is why I love this board. I can come here and bask in all the DL glory and talk to people who just get it.

OMG, Mary Jo, I'd totally forgotten about this!! I want to come to the next one!

@WebmasterMaryJo That sounds great and right up my alley!! Is there somewhere I can find out more about this? I'm not on Facebook.
This sounds like pure magic! This is why I love this board. I can come here and bask in all the DL glory and talk to people who just get it.
OMG, Mary Jo, I'd totally forgotten about this!! I want to come to the next one!

There is a thread on here linked below. Post on it and tag @mommaU4

https://www.disboards.com/threads/dis-divas-planning-for-2019.3386049/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!