Non Disney Timeshares

disneyworldaddict

Mouseketeer
i was wondering if anyone had experience with Non Disney Timeshares? What ones are good, are reasonably priced? Have transportation to the parks?

We used to own at Cypress Pointe Resort, a 3 bedroom unit right outside of the Disney Springs area off of 526 (I think?). Anyway, GREAT location. Haven't been there in years, but we loved it when the kids were little.

Did they have transportation? We won’t have a car so we are looking for a place with transportation and either onsite or walking distance restaurants.

The closest timeshare to Disney is Wyndham Bonnet Creek, which is surrounded by Disney property and is next door to the Caribbean Beach resort.

They have onsite restaurants and a limited shuttle to the parks that you pay extra for. I would probably use Uber for most of my transport needs if there.

There are many great timeshare resorts in the Disney area, but because you have no car it will be a challenge because of the limitations of the various shuttles they use and the vast distances in the theme park area.

We recently stayed at Vacation Village Parkway and they had a shuttle a few times a day to nearby restaurants and the parks. The times are limited, however.

I would recommend renting a car. If that is impossible and you don't want to pay onsite prices, first I would look at Disney Springs hotels.

If you don't want to do that, WBC would be my choice because of the proximity.

At least now there is Uber, which can be used to supplement any free or cheap shuttles. Just remember that transportation can add up and it can be nearly as cheap to rent a car depending on the size of your party.

I’m looking for RCI timeshare resorts but with some type of transportation. I would use Vacation Village but they don’t have an on-site restaurant and Orange Lake doesn’t have park shuttles. I know transportation can add up, as do parking fees. Limited shuttle times aren’t too bad. If I want a midday break I can to a Disney resort for lunch and just sit by the pool. I haven’t seen Bonnet Creek come up under my timeshare choices and I don’t have enough trading power for the rare times Saratoga Springs pops up. Was Vacation village otherwise nice?

I would consider Sheraton Vistana. Restaurants nearby and onsite and I think a shuttle for a fee for exchangers.

We once got Vacation Village Parkway on an RCI Last Call for some ridiculous price. I think we paid $199 for a one-bedroom for a full week, and 2 bedrooms were available for $299. Last Calls are straight-up rentals of available inventory at RCI resorts, and there are NO obligations like listening to a timeshare sales pitch.

That was 5 years ago and I'm sure the last call pricing has increased somewhat, but I would sure research that possibility. VVP was available every time I ever checked, as were other Orlando area options.

If you can get that kind of deal, it will be much better than an exchange. With the money you save, you can rent a car or Uber, and that will greatly simplify your vacation as well as open up a LOT of non-Disney options.

We used to own at Cypress Pointe Resort, a 3 bedroom unit right outside of the Disney Springs area off of 526 (I think?). Anyway, GREAT location. Haven't been there in years, but we loved it when the kids were little.
Stayed there for a couple days last May, agree it is a really nice resort!! Good location too.

I’m looking for RCI timeshare resorts but with some type of transportation. I would use Vacation Village but they don’t have an on-site restaurant and Orange Lake doesn’t have park shuttles. I know transportation can add up, as do parking fees. Limited shuttle times aren’t too bad. If I want a midday break I can to a Disney resort for lunch and just sit by the pool. I haven’t seen Bonnet Creek come up under my timeshare choices and I don’t have enough trading power for the rare times Saratoga Springs pops up. Was Vacation village otherwise nice?
Are you a member of TUG? There have been quite a few showings of SSR lately per reports.
Can I also ask why no car? If do due diligence can get a car rental pretty cheap, and the limitations of depending on uber of shuttles would get very old very quickly for me! Driving in the area isn't as bad as you might think.
I believe Sheraton vistana resort trades with RCI? That one is very close to Disney and very easy drive.

We once got Vacation Village Parkway on an RCI Last Call for some ridiculous price. I think we paid $199 for a one-bedroom for a full week, and 2 bedrooms were available for $299. Last Calls are straight-up rentals of available inventory at RCI resorts, and there are NO obligations like listening to a timeshare sales pitch.

That was 5 years ago and I'm sure the last call pricing has increased somewhat, but I would sure research that possibility. VVP was available every time I ever checked, as were other Orlando area options.

If you can get that kind of deal, it will be much better than an exchange. With the money you save, you can rent a car or Uber, and that will greatly simplify your vacation as well as open up a LOT of non-Disney options.
Not familiar with RCI but Interval international has those type of getaways too-great great deals when you can find them!
I had an extra Accomodation Certificate for a week that I used relatively last minute last september-2 bedroom in Marriott Harbour Resort-$285 for the week. Even though we only needed 4 days it was still way cheaper than than a hotel, and 3 x the space!!

Not familiar with RCI but Interval international has those type of getaways too-great great deals when you can find them!
I had an extra Accomodation Certificate for a week that I used relatively last minute last september-2 bedroom in Marriott Harbour Resort-$285 for the week. Even though we only needed 4 days it was still way cheaper than than a hotel, and 3 x the space!!
Last Call is a late-reservation option. I believe you have to be within about 6 weeks of your checkin date when you book -- so they won't work in every situation. However, the Orlando market is severely overbuilt with timeshares and a large majority of them trade through RCI, so there is usually good availability somewhere.

When we booked at VVP, we had waited until within about two weeks, so there wasn't much else available. But if a vacationer starts looking a couple of months out, sees what's available so they can prioritize, and then is ready to pounce when their checkin date opens up, they should have a decent selection.

We've done Silver Lake-super close to Animal Kingdom but was only mildly happy with the resort itself.
Summer Bay-nice resort, but a pretty good drive to Disney.
The Fountains-great resort, a bit of a drive. They have shuttles, but you are on their schedule, not yours.
Sunshine Resort-would not consider with a Disney trip, too long of a drive.

With Disney parking prices and the need to a rental car, we're finding it not too much more expensive to just stay onsite and forgo the rental. None of the 4 resorts we have stayed at had shuttles at frequent enough intervals to keep us comfortable, but it has been so long Uber/Lyft didn't exist yet.

Timeshare resorts, if they even have, theme park transportation will have a per person per day charge. Vistana has complimentary Disney transportation, if you book directly with Sheraton $$$. Book as an owner, through RCI for example you pay.

Uber is a good option. Some resorts might be with walking distance of a Lynx stop.

I’m looking for RCI timeshare resorts but with some type of transportation. I would use Vacation Village but they don’t have an on-site restaurant and Orange Lake doesn’t have park shuttles. ... Was Vacation village otherwise nice?

We stayed at Vacation Villages over the 4th of July last year. We got the whole week on a last call deal. Here is my review: Vacation Villages Review

There are a few restaurants that you can walk to from the resort. You can also make use of restaurant delivery services and/or Publix delivery service.

VacationVillages.png

We had our own car and appreciated being able to drive to and from the parks on our own schedule. But in my review, I did post an example of the shuttle availability from Vacation Villages.

I would recommend renting a car. If that is impossible and you don't want to pay onsite prices, first I would look at Disney Springs hotels.

Agree completely. There are a lot of great offsite timeshares, but the "blessing of size" means you'll need a rental (or just agree to pay onsite pricing).

How much is onsite parking at a typical time share? Are there hidden fees when I get there?

Most timeshares have no parking fees. I've never encountered one.

A few do have resort fees, but they are far less common and cheaper than at hotels. For example, Vacation Village at Parkway charges $25 for a week.

If you rent a timeshare, the owner should disclose any fees up front.

We will be at Vacation Village next month. We own DVC but also other timeshare so we trade into Vacation Village at least once a year. The location can't be beat, 5 minutes from Epcot. The condos are nice and large and the up keep is great there. We have a car so driving is a non issue as we are Annual Passholders so pay no parking fee. In the event we don't want to drive, the shuttle is nice and is right on time (with the scheduled times) or we now take Uber. Very inexpensive to do considering what we pay to stay a week there. No restaurant onsite, but you are super close to many restaurants. Also, Publix is literally across the street and the resort has a shuttle back and forth there as well.

i was wondering if anyone had experience with Non Disney Timeshares? What ones are good, are reasonably priced? Have transportation to the parks?

Based on the question above and your resort stay history in your signature, I am going to assume you have little experience with staying off-site. Well you have definitely come to the right place. The majority of the timeshares discussed are NON-DISNEY timeshares that are all around Orlando/Kissimmee/Lake Buena Vista area. So I am going to assume that you may have lots of questions that you seem hesitant to ask. If I am wrong, I apologize for my assumptions. However, if you really need more info and ideas, don't be afraid to ask. Don't hold back. Each of us here at one point was a novice/amateur for all of this. The good news is, there are PLENTY of people on here willing to answer questions and share their experiences. I have stayed on Disney property before and have come to accept that it does NOT work for me and my family. YES RENT A CAR !!! In the words of the ALADDIN song " A Whole New World" does exist outside of those Disney gates and this thread for "Orlando Hotels & Attractions" is where you will find TONS of information. Renting a car will take you back and forth but also allow you options for dining. The $$$ you save staying off-site between hotel rates and dining options, may offset the cost of the car rental.

So I was asking about parking fees because I have a friend that will using a timeshare this fall and I was just gathering information for her.

I love staying onsite. I’m planning an onsite trip for end of summer, but was thinking of purchasing and annual pass with my reward points. My timeshare is not DVC but it is part of RCI. So I was just trying to figure out where I might stay in the future if I get an annual pass. I don’t want to drive anywhere. When I go to Disney I like not having to think about anything. I like parking at my airport and then forgetting that I even know how to drive!

Vacation Village is one of the resorts ive considering but without a car I’m not sure where I’d eat if I wasn’t at Disney. I don’t want to cook on vacation either. I’ve seen resorts that look nice, with bars and restaurants but no transportation (Orange Lake etc) or places with shuttles but no bars or restaurants (Vacation Village etc). Are there any that have both?? That are nice???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts