Non park area must have food ideas.

Ooooh, Jimboy's and their 'belly bomber' tacos. Yum!!

Since you won't have a car, have you looked into UberEats or GrubHub? They aren't available where I live (rural) but I've often wondered about using them for offsite DL stays when I don't have a car. I'm not sure how expensive it is though.

Since I have to be gluten free I can't just pop in to the local Denny's and I thought maybe they'd have at least one 'safe' place on their list.

I see a second suggestion for Joes Italian ice. Will look into this place. Thanks
I will fourth Joe's. We went every day on our last trip. One note about Clancy's, though...we stopped by after a 9pm park closing and their kitchen had already shut down for the night.

California Pizza Kitchen in the Garden Walk is a fave with my kids and wife. Especially with a Gluten Free crust.

OP, where are you coming from? I wouldn't call any national chain a must-have, especially if it's something you can get back home.

I was wondering this too. The chains mentioned are in most strip malls in Anytown USA. The only "chain" restaurant I would try if putside the area would be Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. Otherwise most of the chains are pretty much anywhere and nothing special.

We are from BC Canada so Cheesecake is not available to us. We love the food there so a trip to this restaurant is a must. Oh and the cheesecake is not bad either. :)

I enjoy Cheesecake Factory, too - they have so many choices. Keep in mind that they do not take reservations, so you may have a little wait before eating there. If you have a wait, you can check out some of the cool things at Garden Walk, like the painted stairs, etc.: https://anaheimgardenwalk.com/visit/

I have not been but my daughter brought home some items from Porto’s Bakery & Cafe (there are 4 in the LA area, one in Buena Park) and they where excellent. I am glad they are not near us or I would be 400 lbs and broke!

If they deliver, I would suggest Lee's Sandwiches. It's a chain but they have very good Vietnamese sandwiches (bahn mi) and croissant sandwiches. I second the recommendation for Portos

Ooooh, Jimboy's and their 'belly bomber' tacos. Yum!!

Since you won't have a car, have you looked into UberEats or GrubHub? They aren't available where I live (rural) but I've often wondered about using them for offsite DL stays when I don't have a car. I'm not sure how expensive it is though.

Since I have to be gluten free I can't just pop in to the local Denny's and I thought maybe they'd have at least one 'safe' place on their list.
I will look into Urber eats not sure about grub hub though.

I will fourth Joe's. We went every day on our last trip. One note about Clancy's, though...we stopped by after a 9pm park closing and their kitchen had already shut down for the night.
Joes sounds like a nice place to try and 4 recomendations seems like a trip after the parks is in order

California Pizza Kitchen in the Garden Walk is a fave with my kids and wife. Especially with a Gluten Free crust.
So many pizza choices out there... Harris, pizza press Roundtable and now California pizza kitchen... can only try one which of these shall i try?

I was wondering this too. The chains mentioned are in most strip malls in Anytown USA. The only "chain" restaurant I would try if putside the area would be Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. Otherwise most of the chains are pretty much anywhere and nothing special.
Roscoe's seems like a place to try and i just saw the videos of Obama recommending the food so i am leaning towards this place as a must stop.

I enjoy Cheesecake Factory, too - they have so many choices. Keep in mind that they do not take reservations, so you may have a little wait before eating there. If you have a wait, you can check out some of the cool things at Garden Walk, like the painted stairs, etc.: https://anaheimgardenwalk.com/visit/
Whenever we go to this place i only order 1 thing... the Thai lettuce wraps are to die for. It's an appetizer but big enough for a meal and then i have room for their rye bread and cheesecake. We don't mind waiting at this place.

Whenever we go to this place i only order 1 thing... the Thai lettuce wraps are to die for. It's an appetizer but big enough for a meal and then i have room for their rye bread and cheesecake. We don't mind waiting at this place.
The lettuce wraps are even better at P.F. Chang’s!

Roscoe's seems like a place to try and i just saw the videos of Obama recommending the food so i am leaning towards this place as a must stop.

Its delicious. I used to have to go to some scary parts of LA to eat there. I was so happy when I saw they were opening one in Anaheim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter