Non-park day - What is open early?

moose81

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to plan a non-park day for our upcoming August trip. My kids (age 2 and 5) are usually awake by 6am so I'd love to find something to do in the morning.

Looks like mini golf and Disney Springs don't open until 10am. Aside from the parks, is anything open earlier than that?

We do know that we want to do a DVC tour that day but I wasn't sure what time those start (I was hoping to book when we arrived onsite so we can get some sort of promo gift).

(Sorry to put this in the Park Attractions forum but wasn't sure where else to put it!)

What time do character breakfasts start? I know that I've heard people mention 7:45 reservations, so they have to be open at least that early!

August?
we're up at 6am too. I'd be chillin in a pool before breakfast - go for a char breakfast close and pig out after swimming.

That's a good idea although I don't want to be "that family" that is waking everyone up by being loud around the pool super early. I will have to see how close the pool is to the hotel rooms.

What time do character breakfasts start? I know that I've heard people mention 7:45 reservations, so they have to be open at least that early!

Good point! Definitely a possibility.

The “hot air balloon” in Disney Springs opens before 10:00...not sure of exact time but if you go early I know you get a discount.

That's a good idea although I don't want to be "that family" that is waking everyone up by being loud around the pool super early. I will have to see how close the pool is to the hotel rooms.

Good point! Definitely a possibility.

If you are staying at a WDW resort, I don't think the pool will be open until 9.

Chef Mickey's earliest reservation is for 7 AM. Most other breakfasts open at 8 AM.

Where are you staying? Many of the quiet pools at the resorts are open earlier than the main pools, you just kind of have to stay quiet, which might be hard with smaller children. Depending on where you are staying, you could go for a walk, ride the monorail, a boat, etc. An early breakfast ADR is a good idea - most breakfasts start at 7:00/7:30 am.

I'm trying to plan a non-park day for our upcoming August trip. My kids (age 2 and 5) are usually awake by 6am so I'd love to find something to do in the morning.

Looks like mini golf and Disney Springs don't open until 10am. Aside from the parks, is anything open earlier than that?

We do know that we want to do a DVC tour that day but I wasn't sure what time those start (I was hoping to book when we arrived onsite so we can get some sort of promo gift).

(Sorry to put this in the Park Attractions forum but wasn't sure where else to put it!)

Depending on where you are staying Ft Wilderness for breakfast. Visit the horses, rent a bike, rent a boat, use the playground. Of course not the easiest to get to.

The “hot air balloon” in Disney Springs opens before 10:00...not sure of exact time but if you go early I know you get a discount.

Great idea! My 5 year old would love this.

Where are you staying? Many of the quiet pools at the resorts are open earlier than the main pools, you just kind of have to stay quiet, which might be hard with smaller children. Depending on where you are staying, you could go for a walk, ride the monorail, a boat, etc. An early breakfast ADR is a good idea - most breakfasts start at 7:00/7:30 am.

We'll be at the GF. We could definitely just ride the monorail around and around lol.

Depending on where you are staying Ft Wilderness for breakfast. Visit the horses, rent a bike, rent a boat, use the playground. Of course not the easiest to get to.

I didn't realize there was a playground over there. Might be fun to take the boats over and check it out. Thanks!

Great idea! My 5 year old would love this.

We'll be at the GF. We could definitely just ride the monorail around and around lol.

I didn't realize there was a playground over there. Might be fun to take the boats over and check it out. Thanks!
We just returned from a trip at the Fort. There is so much to do, and there are several well-maintained playgrounds on property. Our favorite was the playground at the marina. You have a great view of the lake, the area is shaded, there are benches for the adults to sit and relax, and it is near the restaurants and general store. We let our kids play while we waited on our dining reservation.

Depending on how long you are going to be there, I always have a park day available, even if I did not plan on going, I can. With little kids, and from where you are staying, they have a great character breakfast next door at Poly. Riding the monorail to Epcot and back is always fun. Finding some sand to play in is always fun too. Like others have said, many options for you if you do want to have a non-park day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts