Non resort guest eating at Oasis Bar (Polynesian) and/or Beaches Bar (GF)

3PRINCESSMOM

Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a P
Can anyone confirm whether non resort guests can head over to these pool bar restaurants for a QS meal?

Absolutely! Now parking may be another story...

ETA - I’ve eaten at GF bar as a non-resort guest but maybe that was before the gates around the pool?

The Poly pools have gated entrances that require a guest's magic band to unlock, right?

The Poly pools have gated entrances that require a guest's magic band to unlock, right?

This is exactly why I am asking. I’d like to take a MK afternoon break for lunch and a cocktail. We can head to DS, but wondered about these locations since their menus look good.

This is exactly why I am asking. I’d like to take a MK afternoon break for lunch and a cocktail. We can head to DS, but wondered about these locations since their menus look good.

Haven't stayed at GF so I can't help you there, but the Poly's pools are gated.

Friends of mine were turned away from Oasis and told it was only for Polynesian Resort guests a few weeks ago. They were trying to use QS credits for a meal there.

I assume this also means that non-guests can no longer go onto the beach to watch fireworks? Last few times I've been there CM's would check only on very busy nights. Otherwise anyone could walk where they wanted. Was hoping to watch fireworks before or after dinner at Ohana or Kona. Darn!!

I assume this also means that non-guests can no longer go onto the beach to watch fireworks? Last few times I've been there CM's would check only on very busy nights. Otherwise anyone could walk where they wanted. Was hoping to watch fireworks before or after dinner at Ohana or Kona. Darn!!
On the Fourth of July, they were limiting access to the beach. Every other time I have stayed there in the past year (3),it has been open for all. The challenge with the pool bar/QS is that the pools have locking gates and require a magic band with an associated room reservation in order to open it.

On the Fourth of July, they were limiting access to the beach. Every other time I have stayed there in the past year (3),it has been open for all. The challenge with the pool bar/QS is that the pools have locking gates and require a magic band with an associated room reservation in order to open it.

Last visit there were no fences. We walked past the pool to the beach. We stopped at the pool bar for drinks on the way.

There is a fence and gate around the Oasis and Lava Pools

This is a pic of the Oasis

IMG_7383.jpg

We've stayed at the Poly several times but closer to the Lava Pool so have never eaten at the Oasis Bar or to be honest even seen it, LOL. OP, you might want to consider either Capt. Cooks or Tiki Terrace as they have outdoor seating (and umbrellas) that overlook water and are not behind the pool fence.

I'm so disappointed! I totally get it. I was looking for good food AND a good cocktail at lunch with QS credit on our MK days. Captain Cooks only checks one of those boxes. o_O

Thanks for the intel. :thanks:

There is a window where you can get a dole whip with rum. Would Trader Sam's be an option to get drinks to go and head over to Captain Cooks? At the Contemporary, Outer Rim and Contempo Cafe could be another option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter