Non-Smoking guarantee

No - just like all the other WDW resorts, smoking/non-smoking are requests and not guaranteed.

FWIW, most of the DVC rooms are non-smoking. We always request non-smoking and so far have never gotten a smoking room. Based on reading many posts here, my impression is that those who get smoking rooms (and don't want them) tend to arrive late in the day or have the misfortune of getting a non-smoking room that the previous guest smoked in. From what I have seen (anecdotal eveidence only), may CMs at the WDW resorts will tell a guest it is OK to smoke in a non-smoking room if the guest complains at check in when a smoking room was not available. JMHO. YMMV.

Al that said, only a very small percentage of guests receive a smoking room when they request non-smoking. I realize that doesn't help if you happen to be one of the "small percentage", though.

Best wishes -

The short answer is "No." It is not a guarantee-status request.

But that being said, I've requested non-smoking on all of our trips and haven't received a smoking room (yet).

It's agreed on that the answer is NO;;; however all request are granted in the order you request them. If non smoking is the most important request you should list it first. Ie: non smoking , upper floor, pool view etc. If you list upper floor first that is the first thing they'll try to fill. If only smoking rooms are left on an upper floor you will get it before getting a nonsmoking on a lower floor..

I'm 1 for 2 on smoking. But the smoking room we stayed in wasn't smokey at all.

The other issue is people discovering the previous occupant of their non-smoking room smoked. It happens.

crisi said:
The other issue is people discovering the previous occupant of their non-smoking room smoked. It happens.
True.
Our non-smoking 1BR at the BWV this year had cigarette burn marks on the bathroom sink. But the room didn't smell like smoke at all.

MikeBW said:
Can you get a guaranteed Non-Smoking room at DVC resorts?
Yes, you can !!!

1: The Boardwalk View at Boardwalk Villas is a guaranteed view. If you can reserve this category of view it will be guaranteed on your confirmation reservation.

2: All Boardwalk View villas at Boardwalk Villas are non-smokeing villas. There are no smokeing-optional villas with a Boardwalk View. That includes all the studios, all the 1 bedrooms, all the 2 bedrooms and all the 3 bedroom Grand Villas.

So if you can reserve a guaranteed Boardwalk View villa, you will be guaranteed a non-smokeing villa.

Dumbo

Dumbo said:
Yes, you can !!!

1: The Boardwalk View at Boardwalk Villas is a guaranteed view. If you can reserve this category of view it will be guaranteed on your confirmation reservation.

2: All Boardwalk View villas at Boardwalk Villas are non-smokeing villas. There are no smokeing-optional villas with a Boardwalk View. That includes all the studios, all the 1 bedrooms, all the 2 bedrooms and all the 3 bedroom Grand Villas.

So if you can reserve a guaranteed Boardwalk View villa, you will be guaranteed a non-smokeing villa.

Dumbo

I'm not sure this is correct. The last BWV villa info spreadsheet I looked at (the one readily available on DIS) showed at least one Boardwalk view one bedroom as both disability compliant and so-called "smoking optional" (by the way, I hate that term - what's next, "smoking mandatory?").

I've been in a smoking BWView room - I believe the one Danthesand is talking about. The surrounding rooms also have the smoking plaque on the outside door.

In June I checked into the VWL at about 1:00 had and requested a non-smoking room. My room was not ready. When I called back about 3:00 I was told my room was now ready and I proceded up to it. It was a SMOKING room. I called down to the desk and requested to be moved and was given another room at the end of the hall.

Just because you get in early, doesn't mean they won't try to slip you into a smoking room!!!

pinnie

Non-smoking is always at the top of our list; with one exception, we have been given our request. We were given a smoking room once and called to have the situation addressed. I am asthmatic, so they sent someone in the next day to clear out the smoke with some device they use; we were at the parks while it was being done. It did work because I was fine the rest of the week.

Can you get a guaranteed Non-Smoking room at DVC resorts?

Ha! And I thought I was settled down over this issue! Was there in early October and yes, was put in a smoking room, even though it was my only request and told them I had asthma. The entire check in was a nightmare.
I wrote to DVC with my concerns, and never heard a single word from anyone!
Read my post from early October titled, "My first visit as a DVC-probably my last!"

We do request smoking rooms, but are only able to get one about half the time. Last week we were checking into VWL with a 1-BR reservation, smoking requested, but there were none available by 11 a.m. There were no smoking 2-BR's available either, nor were there any available at BC or BWV. We checked throughout the next few days but still couldn't get a smoking room at any of those three DVC resorts. I don't understand how so many people who don't want smoking rooms actually get them while smokers are being given non-smoking rooms. We have never ever been told by any CM that it's ok to smoke in a non-smoking room (and we wouldn't smoke in one anyway), but we have been told it's ok to smoke on the balcony, although at VWL this was not the case. In all our dealings with DVC last week in trying to get a smoking room, we were repeatedly reminded that smoking or non-smoking preference isn't guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter