Non smoking?

Disneyenthusiast

Mouseketeer
Are there any hotels, restaurants or bars that are less smoky for someone allergic to smoke? How good are the hotels about honoring a non smoking request?

There is ALOT of smoking that takes place in the park. We always request a non-smoking room and have always been given one. I HATE the smell of smoke and if they tried to put me in a room that smelled of smoke I would refuse flat out. Thankfully that has never been a problem.

Yes, there is a reasonable amount of smoking in the park. I've always drawn individuals attention or CM's to those who smoke while queuing :confused3
I've never had difficulties with non-smoking room requests and can't recall too much of a problem in the table service restaurants.

Mind you once we all get used to the smoking ban in public places; next year, think us Scots will become much more aware of smoking :guilty:

Reid

We found it difficult to avoid " smoke" at the SL. The bar was always smokey and if you wanted to place an order at the bar you had to brave the smog. I refused to stand at the bar and ordered from the side.
There was no problem at breakfast though.
Smoking in the parks is a major problem and anywhere else you choose to walk come to that - we always seemed to have the smoke from the smokers in front of us blowing back into our face UGH. We found this even when walking from our lodge in SL to the main building.
We ate in the Plaza gardens on several occassions, first time in the conservatory, no prob. Second time in a none smoking area but adjoining the smoking area (UGH) from then on we made sure that we requested a table as far away from the smoking area as possible, that did work

It will be very difficult to avoid smoke when in France (I am NOT limiting it to just DLRP). It is quite a culture shock to see people smoking all around the parks and hotels. If you are truly allergic to cigarette smoke, you may have some issues there. Juse my .02...

I cannot stand smoke, but I've never had a problem at DLP. We got a non-smoking room at the Disneyland Hotel with no problems. All of the restaurants at the DLH and in the park had no-smoking sections, and we never smelled smoke while dining. If we smelled smoke during a meal, we would have moved, but we never had to.

I can relate to that, every day when I travel to work by bus there are people smoking at the stops and walking by it's such a disgusting smell.Same happens coming home at night almost everyone at the stops smokes about 4 or 5 before the buses pull in YUCK!! As a child of a heavy smoker our family doctor once told my dad to cut down as it gave me bronchitis for quite a while so the adverts don't joke when they talk about secondary smoke affecting other people's health!!That's why I've requested a non smoking room and will not have my family's meals in a smoke filled enviroment.Luckily we have never had a problem with our room when in WDW and hopefully won't have in DLP. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter