Non-WDW hotel for family of 4 - preferably a suite/villa?

OurLittleLove

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

We typically stay on property when we visit WDW through our DVC but this time around we booked last minute and need a place to stay off property.

We are a family of 4 - myself, my husband, a 4 yr old and an almost 1 year old. Ideally we'd like to somewhere that has suites or 1 or 2 bedroom unit so we can put the kids to bed and stay up and relax. We'd like to keep the price down as best as possible (thinking $120-$150 per night).

A friend recommended WorldQuest Orlando so I booked there however the room rate seemed cheap, $108 per night for a 2 bedroom unit. But then when I made the reservation there were all sorts of room fees....daily charges, a clean up fee for the end of our stay (only staying 3 days), and the typical room taxes.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Try Vacation Village at Parkway. I stay there when I'm low on points for Bonnet Creek. Wyndham Bonnet Creek is nice but you'll pay more for it.

Have you checked Mousesavers? I know many people here love Sheraton Vistana and Orange Lake Resort assuming you will have a car. I personally love staying in condos at Windsor Hills. I have booked through vacation central florida.

Hi everyone!

We typically stay on property when we visit WDW through our DVC but this time around we booked last minute and need a place to stay off property.

We are a family of 4 - myself, my husband, a 4 yr old and an almost 1 year old. Ideally we'd like to somewhere that has suites or 1 or 2 bedroom unit so we can put the kids to bed and stay up and relax. We'd like to keep the price down as best as possible (thinking $120-$150 per night).

A friend recommended WorldQuest Orlando so I booked there however the room rate seemed cheap, $108 per night for a 2 bedroom unit. But then when I made the reservation there were all sorts of room fees....daily charges, a clean up fee for the end of our stay (only staying 3 days), and the typical room taxes.

The price you see when you search for a hotel these days is meaningless. I always add about 40 percent to whatever I see.

Take a look on ebay or tugbbs for a last-minute timeshare rental. The price you see on those is the price you pay, unlike when you search for a hotel on one of the major booking sites.

Hi everyone!

What dates are you looking for?

We stayed at Winsdor Hills - you can find them on vrbo.com. We had a 3 bedroom townhome, 3 full bathrooms, full kitchen, living/dining room, and a private dipping pool, along with access to the main pool. Drive to Disney was short and easy. I think we paid around $170/night - there were 6 of us and we needed a private bedroom/bath on the 1st floor for my FIL. They have smaller units and condos too for around $100/night depending on when you're going.

Perhaps check out Caribe Royale? I stayed there several years ago and was pleasantly surprised with it. They are on MouseSavers Preferred list and they have some specials through their website.

Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts