North Carolina Members

Coastal Carteret County (Crystal Coast) here! Wildwood outside of Morehead City since the late 60s, but still not native! :lmao:

Hi, I thought I would bring this thread back to life and add myself to the list!

I'm a NC native, born outside of Elizabeth City near the coast. Just graduated from NC State in May (another one for the good guys!), and working in North Raleigh at a financial advising firm. I just bought a house north of 540, which is exciting, but scary. I've lived around the NCSU area for the last 5 years and N. Raleigh seems like a different world!

Did that NC Dis meeting ever materialize, or are there plans for another? I would love to do this!

I am north of 540, but on the Durham side... just barely. Near the intersection of 540/70.

We never did a meet that I was aware of!!

We are relocated yankees living in Holly Springs. We have been here three years now, and I don't think we could ever go back north!

That is my DW.........she forget to mention we are Tarheel Fans as well......sorry Wolfpack folks.......but living in NC you have to choose.....UNC, DUKE, or NC State?? Some of our best friends are Wolfpackers!

Anyways, we do love it here in NC and we love Disney even more, that's why we bought DVC, as you can see from our trips, we have many trips to the most magical place on earth and we now seem to be on pace to visit 3 times a year!!!

And for those that don't know....Holly Springs borders Apex, Fuquay-Varina and Cary.

See you all real soon!

My dad was transferred to Seymour Johnson AFB (Goldsboro) 25 years ago; I consider it home and myself a southern girl even though I've lived all over the world. Met my military DH while he was stationed at Seymour Johnson (he is from the Boone area so he didn't get too far away from home.)

Currently the Air Force has us stationed in Alaska for a couple more years, but we are counting down the days until we retire and get back home.

It's funny, but we we run into a lot of North Carolina transplants in Alaska...people we talk to say it feels like home but with snow and negative temperatures!

We've been members since 1993 and have lived in Raleigh since 1996 - North of 540 near Triangle Town Center. I'm fairly certain I know HockeyKat ;) I've been a lurker on the boards for many many many years but dont really get a chance to post (as evidenced by nonexistant post count)

I am a Wolfpacker but can tolerate the Tarheels. At least they have a couple of good restaurants in their town, Rathskellar and Mama Dips. My DW is a Tarheeler so it gets intersting around our house, but all in good fun. We pretty much sum up how we feel about Duke with this slogan...Friends dont let friends got to Duke.

We've been members since 1993 and have lived in Raleigh since 1996 - North of 540 near Triangle Town Center. I'm fairly certain I know HockeyKat ;) I've been a lurker on the boards for many many many years but dont really get a chance to post (as evidenced by nonexistant post count)

Yup, pretty sure you do! ;)

We live just Northwest of Madison. I work in High Point, DH works in Greensboro. We're originally from Michigan. Transplanted ourselves to NC in 2001.

We joined DVC Last year.

Go Pack!

Rougemont, NC checking in. We are in Person county on the VA boarder.
DH is a native born in Hickory and I have lived here for 32 years ( grew up in Greenville). Still not native either.:goodvibes

Hi guys!!! I am a native-born NC. I was born in Salisbury, NC (in between Greensboro and Charlotte) lived in China Grove, Robbins (near Pinehurst), Wilmington, Mt. Holly, and now Kannapolis. I am in Nursing school about to finish in 2 months and my DH works in Greensboro. I figure here soon I will be moving to Greensboro. We just bought into AKV this past January!!:cool1: We will be going for our first trip home this May.

Oh! Another thing about me--I am a Tarheel fan!!!

I am in Greenville.

I lived there for 5 years while attending ECU. I also met my husband there who is a native of Williamston. As soon as I was finished with college I took him straight back with me to Ashe County.

I am in Greenville.

Glad to see another from ENC (the forgotten section)!!

We're over here in New Bern about 30 min from Atlantic Beach and 2 hours from Raliegh...

I know the Wolfpackers and Tarheels will get after me for this one but...

GO PIRATES!

Go Pack!

Rougemont, NC checking in. We are in Person county on the VA boarder.
DH is a native born in Hickory and I have lived here for 32 years ( grew up in Greenville). Still not native either.:goodvibes
Hey Drakester.... Rougemont in Person County! We are from Oxford in Granville County. Good to have someone else from the boarder counties. We work in Butner also in Granville County.

Wow, lots of NC folks!

We're from Kernersville. We're not "officially" DVC owners yet, but we are waiting on ROFR for a BCV contract right now, so hopefully in the coming weeks! :scared:

We're also natives. I grew up in High Point (where PooooohBear works), DH grew up in Winston-Salem. We lived in Midway, between Lexington & Winston-Salem for about 10 yrs, then moved to K-ville almost 5 yrs ago.

We're Wake Forest fans -- go Deacs!

Stallings NC checking in! :wave2: --we're just outside Charlotte in Union Cty about a mile off I-485

Originally from MI, met DH while I was on the College Program and he was stationed in Orlando in the Navy. Got married and went on the Big Red Boat Disney Cruise with land package at the Poly. We have lived in Saratoga Springs NY, Newport News VA and settled in Union County NC for the last 9 years :goodvibes

Bought SSR :laughing: last year and love our home away from home.

Wow, lots of NC folks!

We're from Kernersville. We're not "officially" DVC owners yet, but we are waiting on ROFR for a BCV contract right now, so hopefully in the coming weeks! :scared:

We're also natives. I grew up in High Point (where PooooohBear works), DH grew up in Winston-Salem. We lived in Midway, between Lexington & Winston-Salem for about 10 yrs, then moved to K-ville almost 5 yrs ago.

We're Wake Forest fans -- go Deacs!

Hi mmcguire! Wonder if there's any relation? I go by Chelle, short for Michelle and married name is McGuire :upsidedow

We are also in Cary and I have several friends that work for Rex Healthcare in Cary! In fact I used to work there! Small world.....

We moved here from S FL a little more than 10 years ago. I do miss FL. I am also a Yankee, born in NY, raised in RI.

When we were in Apex my son's pediatrician was at Rex Healthcare in Cary - small world! We're now in Wake Forest north of 540.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter