North Carolina Members

DW and I live in Cary. I moved down here as a kid and DW is a Wake County native. We don't exactly fit in on this thread though--not DVC owners yet.

Go Heels!

Wow, lots of Cary-ites on the Dis! Hope you're an owner soon!

Another transplanted Yankee since 1989 vi NY and NH. And a proud tarheel fan I must add. Bought our DVC back in March and have 1st trip with it in 16 days!:banana:

We are in the super-huge massive, soon to be mega-city, of Pleasant Garden!!!:rotfl2: Just south of GSO. Population...maybe 1000!!

Time to bump this. Seems like I'm seeing some new members from the Old North State lately.

Anyone new need to speak up and own up? :lmao:

We live outside Winston-Salem. We are happy owners at BLT. Just sold our SSR.

I'm a Tarheel fan and DH is a Duke fan. Split household.

We love DVC and we are so glad we bought!!!!! Looking forward to our first visit to our new home Nov. 09.:banana:

Another yankee (Bergen County, NJ) now living in North Carolina (Wake Forest). I moved here in 2000.

I am originally from MD, but went to Clemson in '88, where I met the love of my life (who is a true southern belle), eventually moved to the Charlotte area in '94. We now live in Waxhaw, NC in Union County. I really think that when my friends up north hear "Waxhaw!" they probably picture dualing banjos. But actually we are only about one mile from the Charlotte Mecklenburg line.

Funny thing, as a kid I remember going to visit relatives in Hooversville, PA and being heckled as a "rebel", then when I come down to this area I am called a Yankee. I have been having an identiy crisis ever since.

Dave

The soon to be hubby and I live in Winston Salem! :thumbsup2 We are both from Detroit, MI. Where are the Coney Islands down here?!?!? hehe:rotfl2:

House in Clayton -> Work in Raleigh, Coach Swimming in Cary... Wolfpack Grad here!!!

Grew up in CT.

Much better down here in NC.

jon

Hi all. We live in Garner and I teach in Apex. Hubby is a retired Army veteran. I'm a UNC-CH graduate, so we're TARHEELS all the way!

We love DVC and are so glad we bought in! :cool1:

New SSR owner (or is it DVC member?) here in Asheville. Grew up in California, then Oregon, Washington, Oregon again, then Colorado. Ended up in Asheville, which is a lovely place to be retired, so am not returning to the west. Only sports team I follow is our local minor league baseball team -- The Asheville Tourists. Travel to WDW with DD and DGS.

We live outside Winston-Salem. We are happy owners at BLT. Just sold our SSR.

I'm a Tarheel fan and DH is a Duke fan. Split household.

We love DVC and we are so glad we bought!!!!! Looking forward to our first visit to our new home Nov. 09.:banana:

The soon to be hubby and I live in Winston Salem! :thumbsup2 We are both from Detroit, MI. Where are the Coney Islands down here?!?!? hehe:rotfl2:

Just wanted to say "howdy neighbors!", I'm in W-S too!! (I lived in Detroit about 15 years ago.)

I am originally from MD, but went to Clemson in '88, where I met the love of my life (who is a true southern belle), eventually moved to the Charlotte area in '94. We now live in Waxhaw, NC in Union County. I really think that when my friends up north hear "Waxhaw!" they probably picture dualing banjos. But actually we are only about one mile from the Charlotte Mecklenburg line.

Funny thing, as a kid I remember going to visit relatives in Hooversville, PA and being heckled as a "rebel", then when I come down to this area I am called a Yankee. I have been having an identiy crisis ever since.

Dave

Hi Neighbor :wave:

I live in Stallings now, lived in Wesley Chapel for 7 years. :goodvibes

Hi Neighbor :wave:

I live in Stallings now, lived in Wesley Chapel for 7 years. :goodvibes

Looks like I will be neighbors with you soon.

I'm moving into the area in July to attend Wingate University's School of Pharmacy.

I'm considering anywhere in between Indian Trail and Matthews. Any advice? I'd like to rent a townhome (1 or 2 br, doesn't really matter). I'm having a hard time finding rentals online.

Hmm, How I never saw this thread before now...

We are ex-military- My DH was stationed at Fort Bragg when my Dad was so that is where I met him- neither of us are "from" NC but after leaving here 3 times after military life and being sent back after each time by civilian jobs, we are back (now for last 11 years) and live in Harnett County (I noticed Chalee went to school here) - We live in between Fayetteville/Ft Bragg area and City of Sanford- We are in Cameron now that we have bought our house 2 years ago- before we purchased we lived up the road about 2 miles and that was Sanford... that is how close this area is to all others- It takes me same time frame to drive to Raleigh as it does to drive to Raeford or Southern Pines (Pinehurst area)- My corporate offices are in Greensboro and I work out of Fayetteville-
Our kids are now being raised here and although the oldest few were born elsewhere- the younger ones have only known other states as visitors...

Looks like I will be neighbors with you soon.

I'm moving into the area in July to attend Wingate University's School of Pharmacy.

I'm considering anywhere in between Indian Trail and Matthews. Any advice? I'd like to rent a townhome (1 or 2 br, doesn't really matter). I'm having a hard time finding rentals online.

Hi Neighbor to be :wave:

Townhomes are pretty scarce in Union County, there is Parkside in Stallings (right by the city park). They aren't a rental townhome neighborhood, but owners do occasionally rent them out. Lake Park also has some townhomes. Lake Park is a neighborhood and an incorporated town, but you may find the listings as Indian Trail. It's a nice community; townhomes, small single family homes and larger homes along with some small businesses & restaurants in the town center.
Rentals in general can be hard to find around here as there is no 1 place to look for them, but I have been seeing a lot more "for rent" signs in yards and on corners for houses. Realtor.com has a rental search, it doesn't get everything but it's a place to start. After searching for my inlaws who moved down here in November, I can tell you that 3BR/2BA houses in Union Cty generally run from $750 - $1000 month.
There may be a few more townhomes in Matthews, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

One other thing you should know, just because something has a "Matthews" address (or Indian Trail or Monroe) doesn't mean that's where it is. Mailing addresses are based on the Post Office that serves them. Matthews is in Mecklenburg County, I live in Union Cty in the Town of Stallings (pay Stallings & Union Cty taxes) but have a Matthews address. The house my inlaws rented is in Indian Trail but has a Monroe address. My last house had a Matthews address, Indian Trail phone # and was in Wesley Chapel (when we bought it, it was in Unincorporated Union Cty :laughing: ).
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, after living in Union Cty for the last 10 years I have a pretty good feel for the area :goodvibes

Hey everyone! We are just outside of Winston-Salem. We've been here for about 5 years, Chicago natives.
Hi Carol,
We live in W-S and are in the process of buying at BLT. Still waiting for the initial papers to arrive before I call my guide to discuss the new incentives vs. the ones that I was already offered prior to signing the contract. I hope the papers arrive today! I already received the Welcome Home email from our guide at least 3-4 days ago. We're excited!
I grew up in Chicago (my heart is still with the Bears, Cubs, and the Big 10). My husband grew up in VA.

Just became an official member last month from Raleigh. Fully closed and in the system with an SSR contract (already booked a February stay at VGF and Memorial Day weekend at HHI). Waiting to close on a second small VGC contract, hopefully in the next few weeks. Next stay to book - October at Aulani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter