North Carolina Members

Greensboro NC - previously owned at OKW from late 90's to early 2000's, sold when the kids got older. Just purchased a OKW resale this year and getting ready for our first trip back this month with our grown children and grandchildren.

Hi there NC folks. We are new transplants from your neighbor to the north, VA. We moved to Wake Forest about 6 months ago and love it here. I miss the mountains of VA but this is a great town. It seems there are a lot of us in the Raleigh area. We should get together sometime.
We just got back yesterday from 2 glorious weeks at Disney. One week at BLT and one at BCV. The weather was beautiful but it was pretty crowded. I guess there are no slow times at WDW anymore.

Not sure why I didn't see this before, I've been a BLT owner since 2009. I hang out currently in Mocksville, NC near Winston. Since I'm a transplant from many places but originally NY and SU is now in the ACC I have to say go Orange.

Raleigh since 2005, Ohio before that. DVC since December 2013.

Finished my second trip last week (BWV/VGF split). First DVC trip was a few nights in Vero Beach last year ahead of a (non Disney) cruise.

I'm viewing DVC as an occasional break from cruising. I view WDW as something I love, that is different, but not the same as sailing the oceans. I've been on 25 cruises (including 1 on the Wonder) so the Disney US cruise itineraries are fairly old news to me, hence Royal Caribbean gets most of that spending. Plus Disney cruises are crazy dollars nowadays (especially balconies!), even if they are amazing.

Just became an official member last month from Raleigh. Fully closed and in the system with an SSR contract (already booked a February stay at VGF and Memorial Day weekend at HHI). Waiting to close on a second small VGC contract, hopefully in the next few weeks. Next stay to book - October at Aulani.

Hi neighbor. We did VGF the last week of March/first week of April this year. It is awesome. It's a bit of a walk to the Counter service though, when the pool bar is closed. Narcossees was great. We will be going back.

We will be at HHI a week before you from 5/17 to 5/22. Of all the resorts we love HHI the best. Especially now that you can sleep 5 in a 1BR.

I've been in Charlotte for 11 years now. I lived in the San Francisco bay area for only 7 years, so Charlotte is now #2 in years behind my home stomping grounds of Southern California.

North Carolina native here (rare, I know;)). Live about 30 miles west of Charlotte. We've been DVC members for almost 2 years and own at AKV.

In the process of moving to NC from Delaware. DD is a senior in HS so I'm commuting to Raleigh from DE until she graduates in May. DS will be entering high school when we move in the summer, so open to suggestions on where to live and what high schools are good.

We've been DVC members since 2004; own contracts at SSR and AKV.

In the process of moving to NC from Delaware. DD is a senior in HS so I'm commuting to Raleigh from DE until she graduates in May. DS will be entering high school when we move in the summer, so open to suggestions on where to live and what high schools are good.

We've been DVC members since 2004; own contracts at SSR and AKV.
Hi! My two sons graduated from Raleigh Charter HS. Free charter school, routinely in the top 20 in the nation. Fantastic school! If you are interested, go to their website and download a application. It is very competitive to get in because it is a lottery, but it is certainly worth trying while considering other options. You might want to talk with your realtor about information on HS before purchasing a home also. Good luck!

Charlotte native here since October 1964. Living south of Matthew. DVC member since 1998 OKW, VWL and AKL. Love our DVC and always looking for friends with the same DVC withdrawal symptoms on here and Facebook.

We are 3. DW, DD 12, & Me DH

Thomasville here. We own at AKV and usually stay there once a year. We have enough points for a short, off season visit to HHI, too. This year we stayed a few nights at BLT before our Disney cruise, and this spring we're going to Aulani before our Hawaiian cruise.

Glad to see this old thread have the dust wiped off.

Charlotte area. A double graduate of UNCW and will graduate from Wake Forest next year with my doctorate. Current AKV & CCV owners and will be adding RIV to the mix next year after both our AKV contracts close (both are in ROFR but under contract with buyers).

I'm in the RTP area. Currently own at SSR (1 direct and 1 resale contract) and will have my Welcome home visit in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter