Northeast storm tonight

Pea-n-Me

DIS Veteran
Anyone else hunkered down tonight? :cold:

What are stores, gas stations, roads like where you are?

I went grocery shopping last night and stores were pretty busy, but where I was they seemed to have plenty of everything in stock.

Today I was surprised at how busy gas stations were around me. All pumps were in use with small lines forming.

I am off, but DD will be experiencing her first commute in the snow tonight and tomorrow morning.

Nothing much to report here (Buffalo). It's a bit windy and I guess got 6 or 7 inches so far today but that's not really anything that affects much. I thought it was going to be crazy because they went and cancelled all weekend school activities for the whole weekend as early as last night. I think they thought we were going to get more than we did. I heard maybe it will be heavier tonight but we shall see.

Sleet right now - Maryland - but heavy rain later. Big temp drops tomorrow. Grocery store a little busier than usual for a Sat afternoon.

We had the storm last night into today here in mid-Michigan. It really wasn't too bad even tho DH did have to snow blow about 4-5 inches of snow after it was all over. I sat inside with a really good book. ;)

However, the frigid temps coming in the next couple of days will be tough. :cold:

Eh, we’re south of Buffalo. Already got about 5 -6 inches, gonna get maybe another 12 before morning, according to the news. We were out about all afternoon, not bad really. We’ve had a lot worse. Sometimes they play it up too much. :rolleyes:

Deep south here. We've had gusty winds and a quick 30 minute heavy rain line passed through.

The sun came out and it was a nice 65 degrees. I ran to the grocery to get the week's groceries. Busy as usual and we have a big football game tomorrow that folks are getting ready for, too.

Temperatures have begun to fall and will be 30 or a little lower over night.

Cold weather shelters will open here and in New Orleans tonight.

Will get to church at 7:30 in the morning and then come home to hibernate (temps will be cold with wind chill in the 20s and real temps not out of the 40s the next 2 days).

Glad to have Monday off.

I do realize these are not like the snow and temperatures others will face.

But it will be cold to us!

I’m sure businesses aren’t happy when the news & weather people talk up the storm days in advance. We were at Target this afternoon, maybe a quarter of the normal Saturday crowd. Stopped to eat at Friday’s after, no one there. A local theater periodically sends special offers via text, got a one less than an hour ago....said “we’ve had 6 feet of snow before, this is nothing.” Offered a free popcorn, any size, with ticket & pop purchase. Must be really empty there.

I am in a suburb of Cleveland and it has been snowing since about noon. The roads look pretty bad at least in my neighborhood. It seems like every time they plow it all just comes back to the road because of the wind. I think we’re supposed to get 5 to 6 inches not sure though. I have spent my day inside watching Disney movies on freeform. I have also been meal prepping for the week.

When I went to the store Thursday night it was crazy busy and I stopped last night at a small drugstore and it was packed. Luckily I only needed about three things and was in and out.

Stay safe if you have snow and ice. Bundle up

I was all set for the snow-pocalypse; I was excited to sit inside and watch the snow, made sure we had plenty of milk and bread and bottled water, bought rock salt, brought out the sleds for the storm that was predicted for this morning...and then nothing :( The storm has apparently forsaken southwestern PA. Well, not completely, we got some icy rain. Yay.

My dh went out to Home Depot for something non storm related and said it was a madhouse, people pushing people to get stuff before it sold out. He said people were grabbing shovels like they were the last bottles of water on earth.
My ds works at a grocery store, he came home this afternoon and didn't even want to talk about it :rotfl:
We live in NY, we get multiple storms every year, unless you just moved here from a tropical location how can you not be somewhat prepared?
It is just starting to snow here, we aren't even expecting alot just 5-8 inches overnight.

It will be a 99% rain event for us in the DC metro area; however, the temps are supposed to plummet either tomorrow on the next day.

We got lucky here (just east of Toronto) the big storm the news stations had been predicting all week has amounted to about 3 to 5 inches of blowing snow & not much more is expected. Enough to make driving slick & slippery.

Our bigger headache as the north wind ramps up, deadly temperatures with crazy low wind chill values.
We’re looking at 48 hours of minus 30 to 35°C (minus 22°F to minus 31°F) temps with howling winds... :(

I was all set for the snow-pocalypse; I was excited to sit inside and watch the snow, made sure we had plenty of milk and bread and bottled water, bought rock salt, brought out the sleds for the storm that was predicted for this morning...and then nothing :( The storm has apparently forsaken southwestern PA. Well, not completely, we got some icy rain. Yay.

We’re in south central PA and the forecast changed drastically from last night. The cold might freeze things at some point tomorrow and Monday will be very cold, but it looks like only the far northern areas of the state are getting snow. My grandson was hoping to use his new sled this weekend!

We are in downstate NY and it seems we have been downgraded from 6 inches to 2-3 inches. I was worried because I wanted to get all the snow shoveled before the rain and then arctic plunge in temps. Looks like we might just get a little snow and mostly rain and then cold temps which will freeze EVERYTHING! Got nowhere to go and fridge is stocked. Got plenty of homemade tomato soup and hot chocolate!!! Just made a big tray of sausage and peppers for dinner tomorrow night.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

MJ

Northern Kentucky here, a couple inches of rain so far but temps are dropping fast. Ice on the way followed by 3 to 6 inches of snow. All between 8pm and 6 am, the ice scares me. The groceries here were busy but not crazy. We had 8 inches of snow last weekend so I guess most folks were stocked up. News said we could have thunder snow. we were stuck home all weekend last weekend too. Our wind chill will be -5 in the morning, I HATE cold.

20 minutes north of New Haven CT here and we’re in for the night. No weather happening yet and depending on what forecast you follow we’re getting anywhere from 1-18 inches o_O

Gas stations and stores were busy today. It was amusing to overhear the college kids at the grocery store pooling their resources (asking “how many eggs do you have? Does so-and-so still have beer?”).

DH lit a fire in the fireplace and I’m editing photos from our last Disney trip while organizing some plans for our next one (in May). Anything to keep thinking of warm weather!!!

Sleet right now - Maryland - but heavy rain later. Big temp drops tomorrow. Grocery store a little busier than usual for a Sat afternoon.

Upper Eastern Shore of MD here- started to drizzle here as of 8 PM EST but it's raw and damp out. Don't think we are expecting anything but a lot of rain, although once the deep cold rolls in Sunday afternoon I figure everything will be iced over big time.
I'd LOVE to get a nice, big snow storm this winter... we will see.
Drive safe everyone who has to go out in scrappy weather Sunday & Monday.

Nothing much to report here (Buffalo). It's a bit windy and I guess got 6 or 7 inches so far today but that's not really anything that affects much. I thought it was going to be crazy because they went and cancelled all weekend school activities for the whole weekend as early as last night. I think they thought we were going to get more than we did. I heard maybe it will be heavier tonight but we shall see.
Step son is in Buffalo coaching in a hockey tournament. I bit worried about him driving back.

I’m just happy it’s snowing now and not snowing for my Monday commute.
100% agree!

I am in Indy so been dealing with the fun all day. We got less snow then planned because the system went a bit more North then expected but that means we got more ice then expected. So we had freezing rain most of the day with about a total of just over 0.10". It has been snowing now for a few hours and we have a few inches on the ground, but the problem is the wind. It's gusting so bad that we have nearly white out conditions at times. Visibility is terrible. I think anyone who went out to events this evening before the winds picked up is due a really nasty, and dangerous, surprise when they leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter